BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia

Mporium BMW

01-13-2014, 08:11 PM   #1
LSM3
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: F06 ///M6 GranCoupe

New Member - Soon to be joining the E90 ///M Club.

Hi All,

My name is Liam and i am in Melbourne, Vic. I have been regularly reading E90Post, and in particular, the Australian subsection - it is great to see a community of enthusiasts without egos, i didn't think it existed! Some of you I recognise as members of E46F that have also taken the plunge to E9X ownership.

I've learned quite a bit after reading through all of the threads, and have been putting some time into researching E9X M3s because i will be taking the step to get into an E90 M3 (finally). I thought i'd introduce myself now and tell you guys my thoughts and plans so that if any of you are, or know anyone in the market to buy my current car, or selling an E90 M3 - it could be a match made in heaven.

My car history is a bit all over the place, as i love all cars - however this is it:

1983 Mazda Cosmo (12A rotary)
1988 Holden Calais Turbo Series II (manual)
1992 Nissan Skyline GTS-T (was a drift car and the chassis broke, so i had to get another one)
1991 Nissan Skyline GTS-T
1998 Holden HSV Senator (manual)
1999 BMW 323ci (manual)
2002 BMW M3 (Pheonixgelb metallic on Kiwi nappa / manual)
2006 BMW M3 CS (Interlagosblau metallic on black nappa / SMG) **Current Vehicle**

I just had a baby, and i cannot be bothered with having baby seats in the back of a coupe, PLUS i want an E9X really bad after doing an M-Dynamic day at Eastern Creek .

As we speak the M3 CS is getting prepped for sale and i will be advertising her within the next couple of weeks. So if anyone knows of someone looking for a nice E46 M3 with a point of difference, let me know! Also, if anyone is selling a nice E90 M3, be sure to send me a PM.

I've never really cared about the colour of the cars i buy (hence owning a Pheonixgelb coloured car!) because purchasing a mechanically sound car is a higher priority for me, however this time around i do not want a dark coloured car - i am an automotive hypochondriac, and i hate any swirls appearing which is especially evident with darker coloured cars. So i am ideally looking for an E90 that is not black or interlagos blue. I would also like a 2009+ DCT car with EDC and M button on the steering wheel, and not a Pure Edition.

When i get my hands on one, i will probably wack a BPM tune in it, Eisenmann rear box, Eibach Springs and maybe blacked out grills (depending on the colour of the car). Will also put a front lip spoiler on and maybe a rear diffuser down the track.

Here are some pics of my previous and current BMWs - Enjoy!

323ci (Sapphireschwarz Metallic on Hellbeige nappa)

2002 BMW M3

Here is the current rig - 2006 BMW M3 CS

Appreciate 0
      01-13-2014, 08:18 PM   #2
LSM3
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lute View Post
Beautiful stable of cars.
Thank you
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2014, 03:00 PM   #3
netgun
Private
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM3 View Post
Hi All,

My name is Liam and i am in Melbourne, Vic. I have been regularly reading E90Post, and in particular, the Australian subsection - it is great to see a community of enthusiasts without egos, i didn't think it existed! Some of you I recognise as members of E46F that have also taken the plunge to E9X ownership.
It happens to the best of us After living with the joy of an E46 M3 for so long it's difficult not to at some point want to get into an E9x M3.

It's an especially good time right now given that the new M3 sedan will no longer be a naturally breathing beast, making the glorious 4L S65 motor the last and possibly the best high revving M power plant.

I still hang out over at E46F but like you say, it's a pleasantly different vibe over here.

Good luck with the sale and purchase. 6 months in for me now and I can promise you that without a doubt you're going to love every minute of it.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2014, 04:42 PM   #4
wantam3
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Welcome mate, great time to buy an E9X - before all the reviews come out for the F's
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2014, 04:11 AM   #5
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

My last car was black, and like yourself im quite fussy and hate swirls!

I bought a space grey E92 and have been loving how easy it is to maintain and even when its dirty it still doesn't look too bad!

Nice E46's, is that CS Raj's old car?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2014, 05:58 AM   #6
TWD
Australia
Rep
Drives: All sorts of Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-JEKL View Post
is that CS Raj's old car?
Shane - Nope, but very similar - I nearly bought it when it was near new!

Liam - I'll give you a call tomorrow night mate
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2014, 04:08 PM   #7
LSM3
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by netgun View Post
It happens to the best of us After living with the joy of an E46 M3 for so long it's difficult not to at some point want to get into an E9x M3.

It's an especially good time right now given that the new M3 sedan will no longer be a naturally breathing beast, making the glorious 4L S65 motor the last and possibly the best high revving M power plant.

I still hang out over at E46F but like you say, it's a pleasantly different vibe over here.

Good luck with the sale and purchase. 6 months in for me now and I can promise you that without a doubt you're going to love every minute of it.
Yeah i've had a fair bit of time behind the wheel of E9X M3's in various environments, and i am most looking forward to the increase in power. I feel as though the E46M lacks power now in comparison to the power plants of more current cars. The handling is more surefooted in the E9X M3, however i do like that unforgiving nature of the E46M - its more of a wild beast and more rewarding when you drive them well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantam3
Welcome mate, great time to buy an E9X - before all the reviews come out for the F's
Thanks very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-JEKL
My last car was black, and like yourself im quite fussy and hate swirls!

I bought a space grey E92 and have been loving how easy it is to maintain and even when its dirty it still doesn't look too bad!

Nice E46's, is that CS Raj's old car?
I love space grey on the E9X M, i would like that colour or Alpineweiss if one is available with the options i want. Its quite hard to find a 2009 with M drive and EDC, however every 2008 model E90 i've looked at has both of those options plus a host of other options.

Thanks for the compliment on the E46s. As Raj mentioned, my current car is not one of his beautiful examples of a CS. Lets just hope that we are not advertising our cars at the same time
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2014, 05:12 PM   #8
jmo
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E90

Any reason why you're not keen on the 08's?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2014, 05:48 PM   #9
netgun
Private
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Yeah i've had a fair bit of time behind the wheel of E9X M3's in various environments, and i am most looking forward to the increase in power. I feel as though the E46M lacks power now in comparison to the power plants of more current cars. The handling is more surefooted in the E9X M3, however i do like that unforgiving nature of the E46M - its more of a wild beast and more rewarding when you drive them well.
I had my E46M3 for 6 1/2 years. 2 years before I got the E92 M3 I supercharged the E46 so I actually stepped down in power slightly when I upgraded. I actually supercharged the E46 mainly to deter myself from getting an E92 M3 2 years earlier than I did. I don't require a daily (I commute by train and foot) so my car is primarily a weekend thrill toy that doesn't even always get driven on weekends.

Quote:
I love space grey on the E9X M, i would like that colour or Alpineweiss if one is available with the options i want. Its quite hard to find a 2009 with M drive and EDC, however every 2008 model E90 i've looked at has both of those
As someone else later posted, not sure why you've set the minimum threshold to 2009. If you're after the LCI options, you can retrofit those (I have) and you get some odd things not in the later models like the drink 'cooler' thingy in the centre console.

Mine is a heavily optioned June 2008 build. It wasn't anywhere near the cheapest one on the market at the time nor was it the most expensive. But it had done only 10,000km a year (car was 5 years old, but it was complianced a year after production so it was really 4 years old). It was also over serviced if anything so no issues there, even came with the final year of extended warranty which the owner paid the transfer on for me. He was the 1st owner. So happy with it!
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2014, 11:04 PM   #10
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by netgun View Post
As someone else later posted, not sure why you've set the minimum threshold to 2009. If you're after the LCI options, you can retrofit those (I have) and you get some odd things not in the later models like the drink 'cooler' thingy in the centre console.

Mine is a heavily optioned June 2008 build. It wasn't anywhere near the cheapest one on the market at the time nor was it the most expensive. But it had done only 10,000km a year (car was 5 years old, but it was complianced a year after production so it was really 4 years old). It was also over serviced if anything so no issues there, even came with the final year of extended warranty which the owner paid the transfer on for me. He was the 1st owner. So happy with it!
Mine is a Sept '07 car delivered in Nov '07 with all the options. Now the car is like a MY '12 car or even better because I have CIC (retrofit of course) and all. Now 42k km on the clock and over serviced. Nothing wrong with that ... gives you a peace of mind
      01-16-2014, 02:28 AM   #11
Morally Gray
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AMG C63s Coupe

I think I've seen you're phonix before... on car sales a few years back? If it was, I was considering buying it, very tastefully modded car.

Looking forward to see what you do with a 90.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2014, 03:47 PM   #12
LSM3
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

I want a 2009 model predominantly because i want the latest year car that my budget allows for. Having said that, i will consider a 2008 model that comes up with the gear that i want.

Because i am looking for an E90, they all have the updated iDrive in Australia (from what i can see), so i don't really need to think about retrofitting the update iDrive.

What was the cost of retrofitting the iDrive and tail lights?

What is fscking sh1tting me to no end is E9X M3 CarSales ads that provide no comments with regards to details of the car, and zero inside pictures to tell you what options it has (through visuals of the buttons).

"One owner car, non-smoker who really likes a nice pair of pants"

Tells me nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_Orange View Post
I think I've seen you're phonix before... on car sales a few years back? If it was, I was considering buying it, very tastefully modded car.

Looking forward to see what you do with a 90.
Thanks Agent_Orange, that was my car. The owner didn't keep it for long as he moved to Perth in a location that was not conducive to owning an M3, and he was given a work 4WD. I considered buying it back - that was a good reliable rig.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2014, 03:51 PM   #13
info@trinityautosport
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lute View Post
Beautiful stable of cars.
+1 =)
Appreciate 0