BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

BPM

02-04-2013, 11:51 AM   #67
surlynkid
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedFreek View Post
Just had mine installed prior to Christmas - and my BPM coding cable arrived in the mail today! Can't wait to 'complete the installation'!

I have found the support to be excellent - certainly better than the OEM leather seats. Next track day will tell the true story...

And I don't think it is possible to buy only one seat - from what I understand, you'll have to buy both seats - then its up to you if you want to just install one seat...I don't know what the implications are for a drivers seat only install...
Seats can be purchased separately, can't see why someone would want only one.
Because the track driver is in the driver's seat. The passenger seat is not used for racing. A passenger does not need the extra support. Does everyone that buys a performance recaro or OMP seat always install them in pairs? Plus, it cuts the price in half.
Stoptech 380mm/355mm | PFC08 / Pagid RS-29 | Akrapovic EVO - CF tips | Benvo Tune | MS UDP | AA air filter | MCS 2-way with 700/1000lb springs | Solid bushings and adjustable links | RD front swaybar | Apex EC-7 18x10 square 275/35-18 NT01 | Turner Race Studs | GT4 Brake Cooling | GT4 Power Steering Cooling | Alekshop Oil Cooler | Performance Steering Wheel | | CF Spoiler | Varis System 1 Full CF Diffuser | Extended Paddle Shifters | Schroth Quick Fit Pro | Turner Steering Rack Stops | Vorshlag Camber Plates
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 12:06 PM   #68
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by surlynkid View Post
Because the track driver is in the driver's seat. The passenger seat is not used for racing. A passenger does not need the extra support. Does everyone that buys a performance recaro or OMP seat always install them in pairs? Plus, it cuts the price in half.
I wouldn't classify these as a "racing" type seat.

There are much lighter seats out there for racing. If set on this particular style, even the Sportster CS series would be half the weight - since the airbags are omitted. .

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 02:33 PM   #69
F16RCE
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Soon to be M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
You will need the wiring kit in order for the heating feature to be restored.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 03:00 PM   #70
jonasaurus
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 [Sold]

Quote:
Originally Posted by surlynkid View Post
anybody just install one of these? i only want the driver's seat. i am not interested in the passenger seat. pics? if i leave the original passenger seat in place, i assume all the airbag, seat belt valet, etc will work on that side.
Yep only installed the driver side, you can check my build thread in my sig. Everything on the passenger side works just fine as does the drivers.
      02-04-2013, 08:40 PM   #71
surlynkid
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
I wouldn't classify these as a "racing" type seat.

There are much lighter seats out there for racing. If set on this particular style, even the Sportster CS series would be half the weight - since the airbags are omitted. .
i am not willing to give up the safety of the airbag as this is still a DD in addition to track days. i am not worried about the weight either. if i was worried about 10 lbs in the car, i would do better to drop from 193 to 183.
Appreciate 0