BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - New England

04-08-2024, 07:07 AM   #1
bimmerbroken:(
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328xi but it's black :D

Bad battery?

I’m a very new bmw owner of an E90, I thought I had prepared for the maintenance and the normal things to go wrong but this has me worried. I think it’s a bad battery but I need to be confirmed and if there will
Be more issues. However the symptoms I have are my dash lights popping on and off and my gauge clusters going crazy, my turn signals and lights are dim and will flicker, my auxiliary lights will randomly turn on and off and I hear beeping every few seconds, however the car drivers perfectly but I do know the battery isn’t that great from a radar detector in my car telling me so. Are these normal symptoms for a shot battery? Or is my car screaming at me to end its life?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2024, 08:17 AM   #2
Ginlaan
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92

If your battery is around 70% charge rate you will get a yellow battery icon that will show up in the cluster sometimes when you shut the car down. Usually when you start to get to the volatage limit the clock and date will reset and the defroster in the rear will stop working. When you go beyond that yes you could have issues with the rest of the electricals in the car. If you know it needs a battery already then just start with that. No point in trying to chase something on this car if the battery is bad you will run around in circles.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2024, 06:50 PM   #3
Redd
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E92 M3 Dakar Edition

Check your ground strap also
Appreciate 0