BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

European Auto Source (EAS)

07-02-2011, 10:44 PM   #45
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
Just ask her cousin to steal one for you.
Wow. Really?
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2011, 03:07 AM   #46
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Yeah not legal per-say, but IF I didn't get his card #, he'd been able to screw me, as he tried to do from the onset.

I only charged the difference, and have no regrets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
I'm no lawyer, but couldn't that be a crime in itself? Not saying he didn't owe you for your damages and I know he wasn't being honorable, but if he wanted to couldn't he have turned it around and reported you to the CC company?

I'm guessing Visa wouldn't care about the accident or what he owed you, but they might get a little pissy about unauthorized use of their card.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2011, 06:01 AM   #47
GaryS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i 6MT

Garage List
2009 135i  [6.50]
Haha great thread. If trolling, 10/10. If not trolling, 10/10 anyway. I say haters should drive Camaros not BMWs. ;-)
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2011, 09:24 AM   #48
Rawhide
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
Wow. Really?
Yeah, really.

Appreciate 0
      07-03-2011, 11:51 AM   #49
NihonX
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M

Back on Topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/08-09...Q5fAccessories

128i Rear Bumper Cover:
Primed: $159.99
Painted: $259.99

I looked for a 135i Rear Bumper Cover but all they had was the M Tech Front.

I bought a Rear Bumper from these guys when some old people almost ripped my bumper off with their motor home.
I picked up $825, no insurance involvement, and paid only $399 for a Rear Bumper: Painted, and shipped 3-day delivery.
      07-03-2011, 12:19 PM   #50
dcho
Captain
Rep
Drives: SGM 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinmagic View Post
Must be nice to be so simplistic. The fact of the matter is, tho, that there are rational arguments for turning her in that have nothing to do with bigotry. But I guess it's a whole lot easier to just label people than it is to actually read this thread, and open your mind to the points being made.
I agree with you, but at the same time I still admire the OPs good intentions, even if the right thing to do was to get her locked up. I just think OP was very forgiving. That's all
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2011, 12:44 PM   #51
Ox
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 135is

OP,

You should have locked her in the trunk and called the cops to pick up this criminal. I had an illegal side swipe me a few years back and shear off my side mirror. You did none of us a favor. In fact, you aided and abetted a criminal and that alone is illegal.

Ox

Previous Cars: 1987 325, 1999 323is, 2002 Z3, 2002 325ci, 2006 Cooper S, 2011 128i, 2013 128i
Current Car: 2013 135is
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2011, 04:51 PM   #52
DtE1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i, MINI Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-sauerkraut View Post
I wrote down the number, exp date, and the 3 digit code on the back, and the correct spelling of his name. Without that I would have called the cops. I'd never had charged the tickets if he did not screw me over a few hundred dollars.
He may not have had to pay for the tickets if he protested the charge as being one he did not make. Then what happens when they investigate?
      07-03-2011, 04:59 PM   #53
DtE1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i, MINI Cooper S

We were rear-ended in my wife's MINI Cooper S. The police came, we exchanged information, she gave me her insurance information, but the police asked me if I wanted them to write her a ticket instead of just writing the ticket. I opted not to have them do it since I was already late for an appointment. Turns out her insurance was bogus and I had to use my uninsured motorist coverage to get the repairs fixed. Not gonna let the next one off easy.

N.B. - Be sure to check the muffler, tailpipe, exhaust system. because that damage is very likely on a rear end collision.
      07-03-2011, 10:13 PM   #54
RPM90
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooler2442 View Post
Ebay usually has the cheapest bumpers.

You may want to report it to your insurance anyways to protect yourself. It happened to my mom recently, she was driving through an intersection when it was green for her and someone ran a red light and basically T boned her. The other lady was uninsured with no drivers license and driving her child to soccer practice. It was all early in the morning at 6am so no witnesses. So given that the lady has no insurance or a drivers license my mom just paid her own deductible and handled it herself.

Now a few months later my mom has learned that the lady who ran the red is accusing my mom of running the red and wants to sue my moms insurance company to get medical bills paid for and etc. And now her insurance company is on my moms back asking for a sworn statement / testifying and etcccc. It all turns into a big headache. If I were you I would just report it to your insurance and make sure she signs off saying it was her fault or have a police report saying it is her fault.
Did the police cite the at fault driver for driving without a license, and for driving with no insurance?
In most states it's illegal to drive without insurance, liability minimum.

If no police were called, it would be very easy for a lawyer to discover that the driver did not have a valid license or insurance at the time of the accident.

This should be an easy one for your insurance company regarding the at fault drivers suit against them.
Your moms insurance is probably needing this information so that they can counter the at fault driver. Plus, if your mom didn't call for police at the time of the accident, the insurance company is going to get pissed about that.

I hope your moms insurance company also tells the police that that woman was driving with no license and no insurance.

Also, that lady may have lied to your mom. She may have a license and insurance, but she also knew it was her fault. By getting your moms sympathy, your mom let her go, and now since there were no witnesses, she can make up whatever she wants. If she does have a license and insurance, she can now make a claim and the insurance companies have to battle it out.
Unfortunately, your mom made a big mistake. I'm sure she's learned her lesson. All of us can learn from that one.

It sucks that people will use others kindness for their own gain. But, that's part of some human's nature, to be opportunistic A-holes. The world is full of them. That's why insurance companies tell you to call the police.
We don't have a way to verify a valid license or valid insurance, the police do, if they do their job that is.

Last edited by RPM90; 07-03-2011 at 10:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2011, 10:28 PM   #55
RPM90
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_thompson View Post
My wife's Buick got hit in the back by a Chevy Blazer while she was stopped at a traffic light. The Blazer driver had no drivers license, no insurance, no seat belts on the kids. As soon as the cops found that we had uninsured motorist insurance they let her go without a ticket. I tried to get the cops to enforce to law, but got threatened by the cops. We got an accident report from the cops that said that the Blazer driver was clearly at fault, but was not given a ticket. Our insurance company wanted to frame it.
Either they were stupid cops, or they may have known that person.

There is no state in the US where it is legal to driver without a license, and in nearly every state it's illegal to not have insurance.
The cops were wrong, and they add and aide to the crime when they don't ticket or arrest someone without a license especially when that person causes an accident.

I would have filed a complaint against the officer/s for letting her. The cops actually added to endangering her children by letting continue to drive. The officers responsibility is to protect the public. By letting that driver go they also endangered all the citizens in your area. I can't believe they actually put a no license, no insurance, no child seatbelt driver back on the road.
Plus, now you have to use your insurance to cover the damage caused by a person who was let go of responsibility, by the cops!
Unbef*ckingliveable!

It makes me believe the cop/s know that lady personally, and were protecting her instead of the victim, your wife.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2011, 10:37 PM   #56
thez99
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi A4

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
That or they slipped her their number and were hopin to get laid later on..
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2011, 10:58 PM   #57
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: I love massive black cocks

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
I was hit by an uninsured driver on Friday night. The asshole did a runner but got his plate.

The police have charged him - there's no other way that behaviours will change unless they're forced upon people. I could have easily made the claim with my insurers and let them chase him down (which is what's happening anyway) and not called the police.

But this idiot was uninsured and ran: what if it was the middle of the night and he had caused a serious accident?

To be honest, if there are ANY breaches of the law, i'll report it. I got my reward for this a couple of months back and had a drunk driver arrested.

Better to get idiots off the road than to give them a chance to stay on it.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2011, 11:05 AM   #58
tankus
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NihonX View Post
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/08-09...Q5fAccessories

128i Rear Bumper Cover:
Primed: $159.99
Painted: $259.99

I looked for a 135i Rear Bumper Cover but all they had was the M Tech Front.

I bought a Rear Bumper from these guys when some old people almost ripped my bumper off with their motor home.
I picked up $825, no insurance involvement, and paid only $399 for a Rear Bumper: Painted, and shipped 3-day delivery.
Thankyou! I think this is the route I am going to take... How are is it to just replace cover? I have the car going in for some warranty work next week. I am going t ask them to make sure there is no damage other then cosmetic. If thats the case I will just replace cover myself if its not to hard to do..
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2011, 11:08 AM   #59
tankus
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcho View Post
Damn, your actions were real respectable. I dont think I'd be able to handle the sutuation as lightly as you did. I'm sure you'll be paid back and then some for what you did.

That said, licenses should be much tougher to get. Top gear had a good episode on driving in Finland.

Let us know how this all turns out for you. If you decide to go the 135i bumper route, i have a stock diffuser that might save you a few bucks. Just cover shipping. (from Houston)

God bless, all the bigoted Christians I hear about need to learn from you
Wow, thanks for that. I will take you up on that if I go the 135 route
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2011, 11:50 PM   #60
germ
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackRat View Post
The bottom line is the woman committed numerous violations of law and she should be punished like any other person who violates law. We have laws to maintain order and protect society. When you chose to violate law, you are punished. It's a choice YOU make.

She needs to be deported after she pays for her crimes including illegal entry to the U.S. I'm suspect that I and other U.S. citizens will be paying for her medical care when she has the baby also. How many other children does she have that she can't afford to take proper care of? Being honest does not make you a bigot but being in denial can cost us all dearly.

If she injures or kills someone tomorrow in a vehicular accident then people might realize the consequences of NOT having this woman arrested.

I have compassion and help those that I can - but not those who willfully violate law. We have immigration laws to prevent people like this from coming to the U.S. because she has no respect for law and order as demonstrated by her actions. U.S. border state prisons are filled with these types of people.

Trackrat, your post if full not just of bigoted anti-immigrant sentiment but also of unwarranted assumptions. Take your "every law violator shall be punished" blinds off for a moment. We are looking at a minor bumper collision here. Think that couldn't happen to you?

How do you know that she can't pay for her child? How do you know that she has "many other children .. that she can't afford to take proper care of"?
What makes you think that she's more likely to cause accidents than other U.S. citizens that are poor drivers?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 12:00 AM   #61
germ
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
I can see how he is being a "good man".
However, a pregnant woman driving around with no insurance is not helping anybody, especially her unborn baby.

I have sympathy for immigrants, and even those who may be here illegal.
I myself am a naturalized US citizen who immigrated into the US.
But, that's a different discussion.

In this case that woman needed to be reported mainly to protect her baby, and others who may potentially be harmed by her.
It's an incident with someone being at fault. Regardless of the persons immigration status, that driver needs to be help accountable for her actions.

Yes the OP was being very good to her.
But, if she ends up hurting her baby or someone else because she's still on the road, then it's not helping to not report her.
Whoa, you would rather "protect the children" by having their mother deported. Ways to go, RPM90.

The fact is that the consequences of reporting her would go way beyond "helding (not helping, BTW) her accountable for her actions", in this case a minor bumper hit.

Why is it that a red light goes off every time I hear somebody claiming to be "protecting the children"? It's always somebody with ulterior motives (typically a politician).
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 09:03 AM   #62
uberschnell
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Wide Body 1

Years from now you will look back on this and feel good about your decision.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 10:18 AM   #63
Daniel135i
Banned
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i 6M, AW, CR, MSPORT

Garage List
2011 135i  [10.00]
2005 SRT-4  [7.00]
Could give two shits about her unborn child, her reason for being here in the USA, or how she gets the hell out.... but she needs to be sent packing. I dont care one bit for her lazy ass, and her troubles. Everyone has troubles, and those that are decent enough to work through them shouldnt have to deal with her retarded lazy illeagal ass. Not to mention foot the bill for her. I would have called imigration on here ass, and physically restrained her as you lawfully could, and should have, untill the police showed up.

Dump her preggo ass back over the border... I hope she miscarries so we dont have to worry about another illegal using up my money to pay for her bills.

Harsh, yes, but justified. Thank you immigrants that do the legwork, and dont expect a free ride on my dime.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 09:57 PM   #64
11Series
Rep
Drives: BMW turned up to 11

Let me get this straight. (correct me if I'm wrong)

Some guy committed either a misdemeanor or a traffic violation or both, so you committed a felony (in my state anyways) in retaliation?

And you feel morally superior about it?

All I see is on guy who is an admitted felon (according to my state's laws), and one guy who isn't. It's pretty clear cut to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-sauerkraut View Post
Cora-Musa-Balla was his name...

I had this happen to me.

I told the guy he better give me all the info he had to make sure I'd see him again, or I'd call the police. He spilled out his ID, credit card, and all.

I did get some money from him, but he shorted the body shop, and they in turn did a cheap repair. I asked him to pay me the difference he shorted the body shop, and he refused, so I used his Visa Card # to order 4 tickets to a Concert I wanted to see.

It was a great show!
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 12:08 AM   #65
RPM90
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by germ View Post
Whoa, you would rather "protect the children" by having their mother deported. Ways to go, RPM90.

The fact is that the consequences of reporting her would go way beyond "helding (not helping, BTW) her accountable for her actions", in this case a minor bumper hit.

Why is it that a red light goes off every time I hear somebody claiming to be "protecting the children"? It's always somebody with ulterior motives (typically a politician).

I have no ulterior motive. Having insurance means that if she creates an accident, then she and her baby will have monetary means to get medical attention.

I'm speaking to the facts of the incident. You're ulterior motive appears to be taking a position on immigration and using my comments to spur your agenda.

You think that ignoring the crimes she committed is the proper thing to do then?
Minor bumper hit?
It's still an accident that requires accountability, regardless of immigration status. Having a license is a legal requirement, and in most states, having insurance is also a legal requirement.
If being an "illegal immigrant" means she can't get those things legally, then we have no obligation to give her immunity from the laws.

As a US citizen, if I rear end a car and cause light or heavy damage, I am legally responsible for that action. It is incumbent upon me legally and civilly to take responsibility for my actions.
If I don't honor my legal and civil obligations, then the penalty is that I go to jail.
If an illegal immigrant can't honor those obligations due to a choice they made, then they very well may get deported. That's the penalty.

Let's look at this from your viewpoint, as you are taking issue that it's ok to let her go.
So then, it's ok that she is driving illegally as she has no license.
It's ok that she has no insurance to cover damage she caused.
It's ok to not take responsible actions to insure protection for her baby, by getting a license and insurance to protect her, her family, and the people she may injure.
She should not be held accountable for her actions because she might get deported.
The person she caused damage to should have to pay for HER wrongful actions.
All that sounds ok with you?

What parts of "illegal immigrant" are not clear to you?

Should we have a legal method/system in place to allow people from other countries to come to the US and possibly become US citizens?
Yes we should, and we DO.

It's my strong suspicion that the issue you have is that you want Mexicans to have special consideration for immigration.
Guess what? I agree with that for many reasons. We, the US, could do better with our neighbors to the south.
That discussion is on-going in our country and our government.
But, until it gets resolved we HAVE current laws regarding immigration that HAVE to be in place to protect the sovereignty of US citizens and the people who are here legally.

She might be deported along with her unborn baby?
Yes, she might. And that would be the result from HER actions and choices.

You get the rights and privileges of a US citizen, or legal immigrant, when you are a US citizen or legal immigrant.
If you are neither and you're in the US, you're NOT entitled to those rights and privileges. Commit something illegal, expect the consequences.
You're entitled to that.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 08:27 AM   #66
FJUNO78
Captain
Rep
Drives: 25 to 2

Garage List
2010 135i  [0.00]
2007 e92 328I  [0.00]
great, maybe next time she will seriously hurt or kill someone.

just another example of being "politically correct" to a fault.

This woman is a criminal and shouldn't be on the road. Period.