BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

10-13-2011, 10:12 AM   #1
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

eas pedal and turner studs

installing my eas black pedals and turner 75mm stud conversion kit today as well as switching to my stock 19s for winter and cleaning up the entire wheel well area and brakes.
Attached Images

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 11:30 AM   #2
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Awesome pedals, I'm very happy with mine!

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 12:41 PM   #3
bsiciliano
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Convertible

Correct number of pedals too...!
OE Tuning/Gruppe M Intake/ACS Springs/Vorsteiner CF Type I Rear Diffuser/Textured Matte Black Custom Powdercoated OEM 359s/Painted Reflectors/Matte Grille, Hood Vents and Side Markers/Arqray Race Exhaust/MS Pulley
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 12:53 PM   #4
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

couple notes on the install of the pedals. my box didnt come with the instructions so watched the eas video which covered the clutch and brake. wasnt sure about drilling the gas pedal as its not reversable. went ahead and did so. used the template as instructed for the brake and clutch but even with it lined up perfect for drilling one hole on each pedal wouldnt allow me to put the nut on the back of the pedal and required some grinding of the rear mounting surface itself with a dremel to allow installation. also their is no way the applied double sided tape for the dead pedal is thick enough to allow it to work properly. the rubber nubs on the stock pedal stick up higher than the tape so it doesnt even touch. used another layer and also decided to solid mount like the gas pedal with screws. turned out fine and looks good. hope i like the feel when driving, and yes i have the right amount of pedals.
Attached Images

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 02:53 PM   #5
Erie Von Otto
DT///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 Touring

Garage List
Man, that looks tits... Ive been looking around at pedal sets lately and this one hits the mark...
      10-13-2011, 02:55 PM   #6
klammer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 19 X5

Looks nice and clean.
      10-13-2011, 04:41 PM   #7
tom @ eas
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriszeh View Post
couple notes on the install of the pedals. my box didnt come with the instructions so watched the eas video which covered the clutch and brake. wasnt sure about drilling the gas pedal as its not reversable. went ahead and did so. used the template as instructed for the brake and clutch but even with it lined up perfect for drilling one hole on each pedal wouldnt allow me to put the nut on the back of the pedal and required some grinding of the rear mounting surface itself with a dremel to allow installation. also their is no way the applied double sided tape for the dead pedal is thick enough to allow it to work properly. the rubber nubs on the stock pedal stick up higher than the tape so it doesnt even touch. used another layer and also decided to solid mount like the gas pedal with screws. turned out fine and looks good. hope i like the feel when driving, and yes i have the right amount of pedals.
Odd, we didn't have any troubles on our set. I'll take a look at some on the shelf and bring it up with the manufacturer if there is an issue.

Otherwise, the template provided really made installation on the other pedals a breeze!

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 04:44 PM   #8
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

yep thanks not too expensive either like some other kits but will take some work to make them fit properly as described. finished my stud conversion and put on my stock wheels with ps2s for winter weather. length is good and barely sticks out. just slightly in the front and not at all in the rear. this will be better than having to switch bolt lengths each time i switch wheels and add or remove spacers for each set. very easy install. photo is of the front.

Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 04:45 PM   #9
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

wouldnt load here it is. gonna take some getting used to the look of the stock wheels on my blacked out car. might take a while.
Attached Images

Last edited by 1MOREMOD; 10-13-2011 at 08:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 05:07 PM   #10
540gone
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 X3 3.5, '14 640 GC

What thickness spacers F & R are you using. I assume they are different if you are getting a different amount of stud projection. It looks like the front fitment in the picture is about the thickest spacer that can be used with the 75mm studs. TIA.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 05:24 PM   #11
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Odd, we didn't have any troubles on our set. I'll take a look at some on the shelf and bring it up with the manufacturer if there is an issue.

Otherwise, the template provided really made installation on the other pedals a breeze!
i had the template pushed up agains the top and right edge as shown in the video and on the clutch pedal the lower nut wouldnt sit in place without shaving some of the actual pedal rod and then on the brake pedal the same was true with the left top nut. made it work but as far as the dead pedal there is no way the provided double side tape will hold it in place. the center rubber knobs extend farther up than the tape and it wouldnt even touch the surface of the existing dead pedal. the solid mount like i did is fine just have holes in my stocker now.

Last edited by 1MOREMOD; 10-13-2011 at 06:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 05:28 PM   #12
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 540gone View Post
What thickness spacers F & R are you using. I assume they are different if you are getting a different amount of stud projection. It looks like the front fitment in the picture is about the thickest spacer that can be used with the 75mm studs. TIA.
i have a 15 front and 12 rear MS spacers for my stock wheels and use only the rear spacer when on my track set. the 75mm kit is supposed to be used with a max of 12.5mm spacer but did some measuring with a caliper gauge to make sure this would work. the front nuts make contact with the stud up until the last thread on the outside of the nut so i have lots of contact with the stud. the rear fully threads the nut.

Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 07:13 PM   #13
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

just went out and drove the car for a few miles. as a side note on the pedals it seems the brake and throttle are slightly closer together which will probably aid in heel toe action on the track.

Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 10:03 AM   #14
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

update drove on the track yesterday and had a chance to take a closer evaluation of some of my new parts. the pedals worked out well as have the turner studs. my only complaint is with the studs i have had my wheels on and off several times to change between wheels for the track and a balancing issue. the nuts from turner are already all banged up looking and the black coating is coming off. would like to stick with a black nut but unsure who makes a better one?

Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 10:05 AM   #15
THE TECH
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Pedals are pricey but nice looking.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 10:10 AM   #16
feaganszhp
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2004 BMW 330ci ZHP

i love those pedals!!!
      11-07-2011, 10:13 AM   #17
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
Pedals are pricey but nice looking.
nope they are cheap. most sets are these arent.

Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 11:43 AM   #18
Erhan
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cooper S

Quote:
update drove on the track yesterday and had a chance to take a closer evaluation of some of my new parts. the pedals worked out well as have the turner studs. my only complaint is with the studs i have had my wheels on and off several times to change between wheels for the track and a balancing issue. the nuts from turner are already all banged up looking and the black coating is coming off. would like to stick with a black nut but unsure who makes a better one?
Is that the winter test and tune at Pacific? How is the event? Any aggressive wanna be racers?
      11-07-2011, 11:55 AM   #19
F82_SID
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6mt HK Silver

Quote:
wouldnt load here it is. gonna take some getting used to the look of the stock wheels on my blacked out car. might take a while.
Are those vinyl overlays on your roundel or are they full roundel replacements? I have been looking for CF/white roundel replacements!
      11-07-2011, 01:15 PM   #20
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by erhanh View Post
Is that the winter test and tune at Pacific? How is the event? Any aggressive wanna be racers?
yes it was the TNT winter lapping. it was a good event, and didnt feel in any danger from wanna be racers. still used a point to pass but just could do it anywhere. i know some people here were worried about it being too crazy but it was a fun event and very cheap, 100, for a whole day of lapping only bad thing is a beater camaro blew parts on the track and i ended up picking up a screw in my front tire that had to be fixed part way through the day.

Appreciate 0
      11-07-2011, 01:16 PM   #21
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92_SID View Post
Are those vinyl overlays on your roundel or are they full roundel replacements? I have been looking for CF/white roundel replacements!
they are just overlays. little tough to line up but very cheap. did it on both my m3 and x5. think they might be from bavarian.

Appreciate 0