BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Mporium BMW
Closed Thread

07-02-2009, 09:21 AM   #23
bolinp78
G35 convertee
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewSong View Post
Yeah, Texas really sucks.
Yea, well no offense to you personally, but Irvine California looks like one of the most dreadfully boring places to live that one could possibly imagine. Master-planned community: no thank you.

I thought that a few suburbs of Dallas were cookie-cutter!

Yea, it's a 30-45 minute drive from a few pretty cool places, but that's in good traffic. And it's still a 30-45 minute drive!

I know you'll defend your city to the bitter end, but from everything that I've read, and every picture I've seen, and what I know about places like that (because Texas has a few of them).... It sure seems pretty shitty to me. But maybe I'm using one of those biases that I talked about in my first post......... Like you did when you said that Texas sucks...
      07-02-2009, 10:55 AM   #24
AlbinoSnail
n00bie
United_States
Rep
Drives: three.thirty.five.i.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comet View Post
I've only been to Houston and it's close surroundings..

they were friendly people.. friendliest than in most parts of the US I've been to

except for that one guy at the Subways.. he asked me (and he was serious) if I lived in an Igloo....

I had people in Boston ask me in all seriousness if I rode a horse to school and lived on a ranch.
      07-02-2009, 11:01 AM   #25
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbinoSnail View Post

I had people in Boston ask me in all seriousness if I rode a horse to school and lived on a ranch.
Don't we just love stereotypes?
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 11:18 AM   #26
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbinoSnail View Post
yea, you'll get that all up and down the eastern seaboard. it's alright though, i've met more verifiable dumbassess on the east coast than anywhere else in the WORLD. mind you, most people that say stupid shit like that haven't even ever been out of whatever smelly city they live in.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 12:05 PM   #27
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1

I find it hilarious that this thread is full of mainly Texans.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 12:16 PM   #28
335_i
SpOoLiN
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07' e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari355fi View Post
well, what do you expect....Canadians?
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 12:17 PM   #29
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
because we defend our state. doesn't seem like you defend yours. must not care/nothing to tout.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 12:24 PM   #30
335_i
SpOoLiN
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
Forget any other answers in this thread besides this one:

Many people have developed a vendetta (or technically, a representative bias) against us because they believe that we are somehow directly connected with GW Bush, and that anyone from Texas supports everything he did and still loves him like their own family to this day.

Since Texas is known for having a lot of pick-up truck drivers, people assume that almost everyone in Texas drives one, and they are all big-head bubbas.

People think that because one of the most popular slogans associated with the state is "Everything is bigger in Texas", we have huge egos and think down upon others.

People like dgliango up there make a false assumption that because Texas technically left a loophole in their Texas Board of Education laws, that means that evil schools everywhere immediately began teaching creationism.

Quagmire up there thinks that he is really smart when it comes to talking about oil and gas. People like him hear about Crooked Exxon Mobil's RECORD PROFITS, how drilling destroys the environment, the United States' dependence on foreign resources, etc etc etc., and because Texas is known for it's prolific oil and gas production, people like him correlate the state with all of the negative connotations that are shoved deep inside of his head.
By the way quagmire, depending on what state you live in, I don't necessarily need your permission to develop your minerals. And no, all leases in Texas that are currently held by production would not become property of the United States. They would be property of the companies that own the rights. Since a lot of the oil coming from Texas (West Texas Intermediate) already gets refined on the Gulf Coast, we would only need to re-route some of the WTI that is currently being refined in the midwest to Texas. That would sustain us easily. And Texas already produces too much natural gas as it is.
And the fact that it was "discovered by Americans" has no bearing on the 'ownership' of it if any of this were to happen.

I hope those were sufficient enough explanations for you.
+1......

Also, does it help to know that in 2008 TX public schools held the number 1 and 2 spots...and many other spots in the top 500 of the nation?

http://www.newsweek.com/id/201160/?q=2009/state/1201

*got to love ignorance.....we should think before typing*
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 12:30 PM   #31
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335_i View Post
+1......

Also, does it help to know that in 2008 TX public schools held the number 1 and 2 spots...and many other spots in the top 500 of the nation?

http://www.newsweek.com/id/201160/?q=2009/state/1201

*got to love ignorance.....we should think before typing*
oh wow, i haven't seen that list before. seems as if bolinp and i both attended the #23 ranked PUBLIC school system is the US. i knew it was good, but that's a nice high rank. but yes, we're all mouth-breathing morons in texas.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 12:44 PM   #32
335_i
SpOoLiN
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
oh wow, I haven't seen that list before. seems as if bolinp and i both attended the #23 ranked PUBLIC school system is the US. i knew it was good, but that's a nice high rank. but yes, we're all mouth-breathing morons in texas.
don't forget that:
1. we all wear wrangler jeans,cowboy hats, boots with spurs and flannel button downs everywhere.
2. We marry only our relatives
3. We all ride horses every where
4. etc....

Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 01:07 PM   #33
bolinp78
G35 convertee
Rep

Quote:
Is your brain the size of a walnut, sir?
      07-02-2009, 01:14 PM   #34
bolinp78
G35 convertee
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
oh wow, i haven't seen that list before. seems as if bolinp and i both attended the #23 ranked PUBLIC school system is the US. i knew it was good, but that's a nice high rank. but yes, we're all mouth-breathing morons in texas.
oh that's neat.

When we were there it was #12 according to that nifty little page. high five. my e-peen is bulging right about now.
      07-02-2009, 01:26 PM   #35
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Seems like some can't check themselves. So I spare us and you some infractions and close at this point. Questions via PM.

Best regards,
south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread