BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

06-29-2009, 09:56 PM   #45
Voltigeur
MacroRisk
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 ED'09 / 335d Sport DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRoaster View Post
P.S. Did you end up with an ashtray or a sunglass tray?
Ashtray - never stipulated either (and don't smoke)

Just thinking of something not so witty
///M3 E92 '09 Jerez Black | 6MT | Ext Fox Red | Tech | Prem | 19s |Heated Seats | iPod |Smartphone | Euro Deliv June 09
Sold: 540iT / 530i / 323i
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2009, 09:59 PM   #46
Voltigeur
MacroRisk
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
so .....how's that break-in procedure going? make it to nordschleife?
I was good, kept it under 5,500 except one brief overrev to maybe 6k. And on the A-bahn to 170 km/h except going downhill near Wurzburg it crept up to 180 km/h before I checked it.

And regrettably, no "Green Hell" for me & 'Max II' on this trip If I'd had 1-2 more days ...

///M3 E92 '09 Jerez Black | 6MT | Ext Fox Red | Tech | Prem | 19s |Heated Seats | iPod |Smartphone | Euro Deliv June 09
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2009, 10:05 PM   #47
Voltigeur
MacroRisk
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Wow, great shots and a great begining to your trip. What a way to go for an M - go all the way. Congrats to another board "old timer" who finally bit the bullet. I'm sure you are supremely satisfied with her after all of your careful deliberation. Drive safe, have fun, get her broken in quick, 8400 is waiting for you!
Thanks much Swamp - yes us "old timers" have to stick together Like getting married it took me a while to commit - I hate buyer's regret!

Non, je ne regrette rien. I tell ya, I can't wait to hear the s65 spool up to ~8k. I got him serviced in Aix at Bayern Aix (near EUR 500, or $700 - now got a claim for reimbursement in w/ BMW NA) as the service light came on at ~ 1,700 kms.

Appreciate 0
      06-29-2009, 10:08 PM   #48
Voltigeur
MacroRisk
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croatian View Post
Congratulations, awesome photos! Hope to get mine soon as well. Thinking about an M3 or an X6 (3.5 diesel), though economically and spacewise an x6 would make more sense, I can't get that M3 (I was sitting in the BMW welt few months ago) out of my mind. Love your extended leather, its a must have!
Verry different choices! But where you live the X5 mit diesel may make more sense for winter trips to Kitzbühel I think w/ FR ext leder makes a lot of sense; less convinced w/ the Schwarz, though - as gets a bit 'lost'. Go test drive and see how you feel after.

Appreciate 0
      06-29-2009, 10:17 PM   #49
Voltigeur
MacroRisk
Australia
Rep

Mulhouse, Schlumpf collection - Bugattis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTROIS View Post
Voltigeur,

I envy you! this is one of the few regrets I have: not having done ED!!
I wanted to do this first, but when they told me that I had to wait an extra month vs. Performance Center Delivery...

Anyhow great pics and writeup. I really look forward to reading about your visit of Mulhouse, my home town (and all its Bugattis!!), and the Provence area...

Take care.
You have to do it, as I must do PCD someday I love your home country, this is my 3rd or 4th trip and becoming a confirmed Francophile. Food great, B- and C-roads great, vin, and people were very friendly - especially in some of the small villages (as we tried our execrable Française).

I don't get the French haters in the States: just ignorance of the country/people, I surmise.

The Schlumpf collection in Mulhouse is astounding So many Bugattis under 1 roof and even a Veyron; also, the Grand Prix section from the beginning of the last century to 1990s left me speechless.

Hey, I also noticed an Aussie bar down the road from the museum - do you know it?

When I have some time will post some of the French leg We WILL be going back to Paris & Provence.

Appreciate 0
      06-29-2009, 10:19 PM   #50
Voltigeur
MacroRisk
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebeem View Post
this is the gas station I always fill up my car!!!
always at "Nr.7"(in front of the silver BMW),which is the only place to get "Super Plus" gasoline
thanks for posting!
looks like a sweet trip with your beautiful M3!
Thanks also for chiming in w/ your local association. Sehr kühl

Appreciate 0
      06-29-2009, 10:24 PM   #51
Crazy Bimmer
The Jesal
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltigeur View Post
Ashtray - never stipulated either (and don't smoke)

Yep, so did i and our cars were made in the same week i believe.

Kinda weird since there are other M3 owners whos cars were made few weeks before us who ended up with an sunglass holder.
      06-29-2009, 10:26 PM   #52
BMWDEMON
Super modder
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & E46 M3

nice write up! I wish I could have done the same....one day I will do so...seems like a must have deal!

M
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2009, 10:28 PM   #53
Voltigeur
MacroRisk
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Everything sounds and looks great! The only thing that was not executed properly was the drive down the ramp; you should have been drifting down as in "Munich Drift"!

Munich is such a great place. Anyway, enjoy the beast!
Now that would be fun, and scare the sh&t out of Sascha, my BMW Welt CA (need to thank him and post a pic). Only trouble is the double doors at the bottom of the ramp would not open fast enough

Yeh, Muenchen is great - you were just there too, right? Everyone needs to go there. I'm blown away by how many people I meet over here that show absolutely no interest in visiting beautiful Bayern - and still sometimes bring up the Nazis/Hitler etc (it's over 60+ years, puhlease) or that the Germans are too dour - they clearly don't know Bavarians in summer at bierzeit! - they know how to party!

And I will

Thanks also for all your advice over more than a year (same also to Swamp and South).

Appreciate 0
      06-29-2009, 10:30 PM   #54
Voltigeur
MacroRisk
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DELLY View Post
ahh, one day i will have one to call my own...

extended fox red and JzB is gorgeous!
Best of luck in your worthy quest my friend I love the combo even more now I have enjoyed it for 10 days - I don't think FR ext will get 'old' for me.

Also appreciate the other posters who gave some nice feedback to you all.

Appreciate 0
      06-30-2009, 12:17 AM   #55
bigjae1976
Major General
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.25]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Looks like an awesome experience!
2000 E36/7 Z3 Steel Blue
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2009, 12:33 AM   #56
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: INDIVIDUAL F90 M5C LCI

Garage List
sick man...the experience must have been amazing.. congrats on the ride
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2009, 10:28 PM   #57
TWSnow
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 335I xDrive coupe

AWESOME !
      07-02-2009, 02:31 AM   #58
10M3MAN
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Nissan Altima SER

Thats awesome, very nice indeed...ED is the way to go...
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 05:59 AM   #59
bigjae1976
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.25]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
I guess they drill holes in your front bumper for the temp tag.

2 questions...

Can you keep the temp tags as a souvenier? Do the use the Euro front license plate holder?
2000 E36/7 Z3 Steel Blue
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 06:58 AM   #60
MTROIS
Major
France
Rep
Drives: on the wrong side of the Ocean

Quote:
You have to do it, as I must do PCD someday I love your home country, this is my 3rd or 4th trip and becoming a confirmed Francophile. Food great, B- and C-roads great, vin, and people were very friendly - especially in some of the small villages (as we tried our execrable Française).

I don't get the French haters in the States: just ignorance of the country/people, I surmise.

The Schlumpf collection in Mulhouse is astounding So many Bugattis under 1 roof and even a Veyron; also, the Grand Prix section from the beginning of the last century to 1990s left me speechless.

Hey, I also noticed an Aussie bar down the road from the museum - do you know it?

When I have some time will post some of the French leg We WILL be going back to Paris & Provence.
Sooo happy to read about your experience!! So you have come to discover our roads, hum? This is why I kept my Ducati there... and I really wish I could take my M with me each time I fly back.

Anyhow, I am always saddened to hear the French haters speak... especially because so many of them probably approached people with some kind of arrogant attitude. On the other side, anybody who at least tries to speak some French (even if it is to say hi and that you can not really speak French) will get an amazing welcome. Before enjoying a nice glass of White wine, I also often go to the American cemetery of Sigolsheim where the Star Spangled Banner flies high and where one has an amazing scenic view of the plain of Alsace!

Looking forward to your next posts...
      07-02-2009, 08:48 AM   #61
E90M3CDFR
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E91 Sportwagon

Quote:
Excellent write-up, and looking forward to the French section. Glad that you had a good experience; I think most folks find outside Paris the tempo of life is much more relaxed (don't get me wrong, Paris is great fun too, and if you've lived in NYC in the States, it won't seem too different). Roads everywhere in France are A+. And if you have the "tele-peage" (EZ-Pass) for the toll roads, you can make good time on those as well....

On a somewhat related topic...not a thread jack: I just drove by the new facility that the Paris area's largest BMW dealer just completed, a few kms outside of the city near Versailles. It is almost a mini-BMW Welt. I don't think I have ever seen such a huge BMW dealer anywhere. They have an incredible open bay where customer's will take delivery of their cars and they will also have a small BMW museum. I'll try to get some photos when they do their open house party soon. Would be a good place for future ED'ers needing to have service done in France.

BTW, Voltigeur, that is a great "handle"...
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2009, 09:51 AM   #62
Voltigeur
MacroRisk
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
I guess they drill holes in your front bumper for the temp tag.

2 questions...

Can you keep the temp tags as a souvenir? Do the use the Euro front license plate holder?
No, what they do is very cool: they use very strong double-sided adhesive strips to attach the plate . This way you can just pull the front plate off at drop-off - you must leave the rear - which I did and it's in my office I intend to do a display with some photos and the plate at centre. I'm hoping that some nice bloke w/ E.H. Harms (transport co'y) will remove the perfect rear plate and throw it in the back. This has happened to some fortunate ED'ers. The front one gets bent to fit on the front 'bar so it does not come off without some post-flex bending.

The plates are put on without holders.

I'm going to buy a two-hook based mount for my front plate so I can keep the front bumber 'clean' especially for track or Tejas Chapter meets

Appreciate 0
      07-04-2009, 09:58 AM   #63
Voltigeur
MacroRisk
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Sooo happy to read about your experience!! So you have come to discover our roads, hum? This is why I kept my Ducati there... and I really wish I could take my M with me each time I fly back.
I would go back just for the scenery - and that includes the female variety Let alone all the other cool aspects of France.

Quote:
Anyhow, I am always saddened to hear the French haters speak... especially because so many of them probably approached people with some kind of arrogant attitude. On the other side, anybody who at least tries to speak some French (even if it is to say hi and that you can not really speak French) will get an amazing welcome. Before enjoying a nice glass of White wine,
Looking forward to your next posts...
Traveling is all about attitude. I have lived in N America, Asia, Europe. Australasia & Pacific islands so I think I can speak to this. If you make an effort as a visitor - even when an expat - you will receive a very different welcome. I know very little Française except to order in a restaurant & some pleasantries (bonjour, bonssoir etc). But I do make an effort and aside from the occasional snooty waiter - who I expect is like that even to locals unless you are 'known' - I have had good experiences (but watch out for Istanbul cabbies!)

I also need to get my video sorted so I can show the exit from BMW Welt: that exit ramp is a hoot!

Last edited by Voltigeur; 07-05-2009 at 10:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2009, 10:08 AM   #64
Voltigeur
MacroRisk
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90M3CDFR View Post
Excellent write-up, and looking forward to the French section. Glad that you had a good experience; I think most folks find outside Paris the tempo of life is much more relaxed (don't get me wrong, Paris is great fun too, and if you've lived in NYC in the States, it won't seem too different). Roads everywhere in France are A+. And if you have the "tele-peage" (EZ-Pass) for the toll roads, you can make good time on those as well....
Paris is my fav city. NY No. 2. But I do find Paree different from NY: it's less work-focused; people look more relaxed IMO - joie de vivre. And in the older areas - like Marais, Isle St. Louis - the charming lack of linear planned streets, due to the historical context, makes for a very different pedestrian experience. But they are both 'cosmo' world cities with many expats

I sure did wish for a 'tele-peage' on the Autoroute as you can get some back-ups. Coming out a toll in Provence we heard this banhsee wail coming from the left - so much so my wife let out an expletive - and from the toll a red F430 - what other coliour would it be - slingshotted out and roared away ... I so badly wanted to have my M3 run-in!

You are exceedingly fortunate to live in Paris but after seeing the many dents from 'bumper parking' (why I did not take mine up from Provence) I wonder how you cope with your car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90M3CDFR View Post
On a somewhat related topic...not a thread jack: I just drove by the new facility that the Paris area's largest BMW dealer just completed, a few kms outside of the city near Versailles. It is almost a mini-BMW Welt. I don't think I have ever seen such a huge BMW dealer anywhere.....

BTW, Voltigeur, that is a great "handle"...
Sounds impressive.

Yes, the French members of the board will 'get' my handle Will PM.

Well, it's already in the mid-30sC (90s F) today and the pool beckons: I need some bad weather so I will be inclined to stay indoors to post on France. I will get around to it ...

Last edited by Voltigeur; 07-06-2009 at 10:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2009, 11:14 AM   #65
BIMMER//DRIMMER
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 330i 06

Garage List
06 330i  [0.00]
good read, thanks for sharing ur experience
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2009, 10:29 PM   #66
bigjae1976
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.25]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
No, what they do is very cool: they use very strong double-sided adhesive strips to attach the plate . This way you can just pull the front plate off at drop-off - you must leave the rear - which I did and it's in my office I intend to do a display with some photos and the plate at centre. I'm hoping that some nice bloke w/ E.H. Harms (transport co'y) will remove the perfect rear plate and throw it in the back. This has happened to some fortunate ED'ers. The front one gets bent to fit on the front 'bar so it does not come off without some post-flex bending.

The plates are put on without holders.

I'm going to buy a two-hook based mount for my front plate so I can keep the front bumber 'clean' especially for track or Tejas Chapter meets
Awesome! This write up will help me alot. Hopefully I will be a member of the Tejas chapter once again in a couple of years. Maybe they'll actually start doing some autocrosses like every other chapter.
2000 E36/7 Z3 Steel Blue
Appreciate 0