BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

Mporium BMW

04-17-2013, 03:31 PM   #23
Mozgov
Private
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWilliams View Post
This seems like the very least you'd expect from a competent suspension setup. I've learned more about corner balancing and alignment while the guys at Lang Racing explain to me what they're doing than I could even put down here. I've been elsewhere so I know most shops don't really know what they're doing. The corner balance and alignment needs to be done at the same time, something you can only do with good equipment. Most places do a corner balance, then an alignment, and just call it a day. Unfortunately doing an alignment after a corner balance will often send your corner balance off by 1% or more. They showed me this when I was first getting my car setup.

I drive a BMW so I take my car to get setup by people who race BMW's. If you've just got a stock car or don't do any track driving just go to the dealer
Does Lang Racing align by hand or hunter laser? Been having some issues with my car. Had 3 alignments the past year with issues after every one of them. I'm thinking its more a car issue than the aligner.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 07:02 PM   #24
F9T
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWilliams View Post
I was going to Westend when I lived in Torrance. Now that I moved down to OC I've been taking my car to Lang Racing Development in Irvine. They're open Saturdays and they're really close. I think 3 of their race cars are M3's so they are familiar with them and know how to set them up for whatever you might need. I've never gotten so much attention to my specific requests until I started taking the car there. They went so far as to look at my tire temperature records and adjusted the alignment accordingly.
Hmmmmm, you bump a 2.5 year old thread and have 2 total posts...
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 08:05 PM   #25
AV9
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrytroop22 View Post
Hmmmmm, you bump a 2.5 year old thread and have 2 total posts...
i did not want to be the one to say it...