BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

09-17-2007, 10:16 PM   #23
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
+1.
This typo business is OT. It's a freakin' internet forum, not a scientific journal, we are posting "stuff" on.
Agree. If a post is totally illiterate I tend to discount it, but minor mispellings or typos I rarely comment on.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2007, 01:59 AM   #24
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
You don't. I am usually pretty lax on folks myself for a lot of these things especially if they are not native US speakers/writers. For some folks who are not, but still make brilliant posts have a look at stuff by southlight or savage.ulm1. savage's passion, emotion and insight far outweigh any lacking ability he has with English!

Look, if you are going to take the time to write up a long review of your experiences with a car the least you can do it use decent (not perfect spelling, grammar and diction and communicate in complete sentences. The "review" was so incoherent and even unreadable in many places. It really had no particularly good insights and was fairly critical of the car as well. It simply "screamed" laziness and incompetence to me. If you combine all of the bad together in the review my opinion is simply to heavily discount it. Sure I still read it but who do you trust more this clown or say user Filthy Monkey?? I'll let you decide.

By the way good catch Leg on my little spelling error. I think that small blemish is not a very big deal in light of my typical standards of both content and communication ability. Ironic indeed though - a "gotcha" for sure.
Didn't know that my video translation has been that bad.

Best regards, south
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2007, 11:58 AM   #25
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Misunderstand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
Didn't know that my video translation has been that bad.

Best regards, south
Did you misunderstand? I was saying that even though you are not a native English speaker your English and posts are still excellent in both language and content.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2007, 12:09 PM   #26
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

This review that claims a lack of bias almost certainly contains it. Not an objective review by any means.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2007, 12:25 PM   #27
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Did you misunderstand? I was saying that even though you are not a native English speaker your English and posts are still excellent in both language and content.
I was only joking. FFC was not my intention, but thanks for that anyway.

Best regards, south
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2007, 02:48 PM   #28
A. Hansen
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: 997turbo

i drove both last week....

they are so close.....

But I prefer the RS4 (quattro) but the M3 feels faster.
especially above 5000 rpm.

We are having a lot of rain here and the winter is also coming.

after 2 days of thinking.
I'm going to trade my 335i for a RS4.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2007, 05:48 PM   #29
Leg
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 V8 Alpine White

Quote:
By the way good catch Leg on my little spelling error. I think that small blemish is not a very big deal in light of my typical standards of both content and communication ability. Ironic indeed though - a "gotcha" for sure.

Just joking bud, all this Audi vs BMW stuff is so boring. I own an Audi and MB at the moment and will be adding the M3 when it arrives rather than replacing one of them and I have to say I really like/will like all of them equally for different reasons. I love the last of production Mk1 TT 3.2 V6 (with lots of suspension, drivetrain and engine mods) that I have because it is one of the few cars that stuck to its prototype origins, I love the MB because I can stick my family in it and trek across Europe and not care when the kids spill juice on the seats (as they did 3 weeks ago grrr) and Ill love the M3 because I'll grin like an idiot everytime I drive it and because Ill rarely meet anything that can even sniff its arse on the road.

Why care which is best? At least people who own RS4s, M3s et al love performance cars, its the bloody Prius drivers that bother me!
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2007, 06:52 PM   #30
absoluteis350
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 Singapore Grey M3

Good point.. They are slightly different yet equally awesome cars. Saying one is unequivocally better than the other is just plain stupid when so many reviews by now have said they are just as good as each other, with slightly different 'talents'.

The difficulty at some of his criticisms probably stem from the fact that you really dont adjust to a car until you drive it for a couple days. So clutch engagement, brake bite, etc. can be compared against what you usually drive, but you shouldn't initially judge which is better because you can adjust to both.

Oh well, anyway, I'm sure with all the fanboys out there on both sides, and people's egos, there will be hordes that will claim that one is clearly superior to the other... Just makes me laugh and shake my head
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2007, 02:57 AM   #31
13eastie
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
You don't. I am usually pretty lax on folks myself for a lot of these things especially if they are not native US speakers/writers.
Why thank you! I'm sure that English members are very grateful for your charity.
Appreciate 0