BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

05-01-2014, 08:25 AM   #45
Petros
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-S65 View Post
Fixed...

Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 03:50 PM   #46
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-S65 View Post
Fixed...

ROFL. Are we doing the university PhD diploma again?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 07:09 PM   #47
MKE_M3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVFlyer View Post
That was probably you, using your other screen name. How many alter egos do you have?
Que?
      05-03-2014, 11:33 AM   #48
double_j
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 JB/B E90 M3

I'm probably getting old but I went from daily driving an e46 m3 to a 2008 m3 to a combination of a 2014 subaru forester xt daily and 2010 c4s weekender.

I actually find that the xt is plenty powerful on the road and is miles smoother and more sedate than the porsche. Believe it or not, the porsche has been spending a ton of time in the garage since it's not really practical enough for runs to the store, isn't the most relaxing highway cruiser for passengers and really isn't the best choice for anything but track days and purely fun Sunday morning driving sessions. It's more work to drive, which isn't something I'm necessarily looking for every day.

The m3was a perfect combination of everyday usability and spirit when you wanted it. I'm seriously debating getting rid of both cars and getting an m4 or m5 so I have one car that I get to enjoy every day.

Cliffs - I concur with op, getting old and sensible sucks.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2014, 08:52 PM   #49
Kurt_OH
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce.augenstein@comcast. View Post
Audi RS5. A slightly larger engine that runs to a slightly higher rpm than the M.

Of course, from my point of view, so what, either way.
Point made. And that car is AHEAD of the new non-M-engined M3 and M4 on my short list. Though I think I'll just stick to the E90 and be perfectly happy.

Quote:
If rpm is what does it for you, you're still in good shape overall with the M. For me, rpm is pretty much strictly a number, with no inherent value on its own.

Bruce
I do like the RPM all by itself. I like the engineering it takes to keep it together. I like that it's special and unique. The sound of the S65 is incredible for such a relatively inexpensive car. It has GOBS of power for a normally aspirated car and instant throttle response (especially at those higher RPMs).

The fact that it has sufficient, but lesser, grunt at lower RPMs isn't perfect, but it's tolerable. On the other hand, turbo lag is simply a failure of the turbo/engine to function properly. It's a flaw. EVERY time the throttle is opened non-gently, it will be there, and it'll sap the fun out of every 1 second or 3 second throttle burst I could otherwise enjoy greatly, and do routinely in my E90 M3. I hate that aspect of my wife's 335i, and clearly with BMW designing a bandaid turbo spool up for 7 seconds add on, it's an even bigger problem on the tuned N55 in the new M3/4, than it is on her N54 335i. That's to be expected, with boosting the crap out of it, but expected doesn't change that it is there.
Appreciate 0