BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

05-17-2010, 02:22 AM   #1
platinumpapi
Sylish Driver
Rep
Drives: bmw 335i

Bmw Assist Without SoS Button

Well as many of you may have already know, i was mislead by my CA, and now i have a new M3 with I drive, and no Assist Connectivity. My biggest concern, was not having the luxury of being located via GPS, or through which ever location system bmw assist owners have. In my case if anything happened i would have to call, with my exact address in hand. And this was one of my main my concerns.

Well, i know some of you may not find this so great but i sure do, especially for my situation.

I just downloaded the BMW Assist App for the I phone, and it just worked like a charm. I was able to select from various services , Flat Tire, Dead Battery Etc, and then, the gps sent my exact location to the call center, then called them, and then the friendly lady asked me if i was who i was, "my name" and told me the address in which i was at the time, spot on and that was it, as i was doing a test call.

So , at leat i do feel a sigh of relief with something as little and simple a this amazing app for the Iphone. Of course it's important that i carry my phone on me at all times, unlike assist owners, but its all good
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2010, 08:33 AM   #2
Georgeair
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 Melbourne E92 M3

Glad that part worked out.

Did the Bluetooth headset they sent you show up yet?
      05-17-2010, 10:15 AM   #3
platinumpapi
Sylish Driver
Rep
Drives: bmw 335i

Lol thanks , I will let you know within a few days.
Appreciate 0