BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

01-01-2013, 07:52 PM   #45
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by spdy330 View Post
Why? Because some people are not being serious to the thread?
cause people are going on hard on a $200 watch... i mean you cant complain, shit looks great and can take a good beating due to the kevlar band. its great for what it is, but you cant expect it to be perfect. as a gift from your fam, its pretty damn nice! sure beats the hell out of a wack ass tie.... unless it was the M tie, that shit is sexy, have you seen it?
      01-01-2013, 08:12 PM   #46
surlynkid
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3forMe View Post
You would be very surprised how many watch BRANDS don't make their own movements. It is a fine art and very expensive, therefore many companies buy their movements from the same company and then do the rest.
My Jaeger is made with every single piece made in house. There sure is a lot of commotion over what is really just a cheap watch with an M logo on it. Use this watch as something cool with an M on it, but this is no timepiece to expect any quality from at all.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2013, 09:35 PM   #47
spdy330
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 05 Tundra, 15 FIT, 17 CRV

Well I never said the watch looked cheap. In fact I said the watch looks really nice. The point to the thread was to share my thoughts in the event someone else was interested in such a piece. If they do not care about parts of it not glowing then great. But at least they know what to expect ahead of TIME.

If you are going to post a comment at least try and stay with the topic.

Topic is that BMW screwed up when making the numbers glow and not the hands which would be the most important part of the watch.

Happy New Years everyone!
If you will be purchasing ANY AT&T services online or in store could you mention that you were referred by me? My Employee Referral ID is eo4489. This would be a great help and it costs you nothing, thank you!
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2013, 10:42 PM   #48
Nang Vann
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, R35 GT-R

Nice watch bro!
      01-02-2013, 12:52 PM   #49
TVMA Doc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, Jerez Black

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnell325 View Post
Look nice!

Did you buy the extended warranty?
It would appear that he didn't purchase the "accessory package" that includes glow in the dark HANDS. Yikes! I hope that he at least got the technology package that includes a battery and the convenience package that has the buckle for the watch band?
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 12:54 PM   #50
TVMA Doc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, Jerez Black

Garage List
Quote:
Well I never said the watch looked cheap. In fact I said the watch looks really nice. The point to the thread was to share my thoughts in the event someone else was interested in such a piece. If they do not care about parts of it not glowing then great. But at least they know what to expect ahead of TIME.

If you are going to post a comment at least try and stay with the topic.

Topic is that BMW screwed up when making the numbers glow and not the hands which would be the most important part of the watch.

Happy New Years everyone!
I agree with you completely. I have a Movado which pretty much has nothing but the hands and the trademark dot at the top of the dial. It doesn't glow in the dark, but neither do any markings. Making the markers glow when the hands do not is just a sign of addle-minded engineering.

If BMW had ONLY made the hands glow, you could figure out the time based upon the orientation of your arm. Having the numbers glow without the hands is useless.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 03:49 PM   #51
spdy330
Major General
United_States
Rep

I too have a Movado and nothing glows so I have no complaints about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVMA Doc View Post
I agree with you completely. I have a Movado which pretty much has nothing but the hands and the trademark dot at the top of the dial. It doesn't glow in the dark, but neither do any markings. Making the markers glow when the hands do not is just a sign of addle-minded engineering.

If BMW had ONLY made the hands glow, you could figure out the time based upon the orientation of your arm. Having the numbers glow without the hands is useless.
If you will be purchasing ANY AT&T services online or in store could you mention that you were referred by me? My Employee Referral ID is eo4489. This would be a great help and it costs you nothing, thank you!
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 03:55 PM   #52
info@trinityautosport
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

Id use that as a daily watch, very nice gift =)
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 04:16 PM   #53
spdy330
Major General
United_States
Rep

That is exactly what I am doing. Wearing it right now .

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerwyll@trinityautosport View Post
Id use that as a daily watch, very nice gift =)
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2013, 07:29 AM   #54
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderco10 View Post
^^ listen to this man, he knows his watches!
Brother, where have you been? Haven't seen you around WUS in a while, you still there?
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2013, 09:10 AM   #55
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
It is not that they don't work well. The hands do not have any glow in the dark material on them.
I think you can get that changed at your friendly BMW Dealership, mind you expect twice the cost of the watch for that modification

still it is a nice watch ...

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2013, 09:16 AM   #56
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

do you have a actual photo of this watch? I want to see how it looks from a non-marketing view
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2013, 09:22 AM   #57
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
This one is actually better and properly more expensive too ... looks like it has all the options no need for further expensive modifications by BMW
Attached Images

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2013, 09:33 AM   #58
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
This is my watch I wear it every day (and it does show). Got it as a first anniversary present many many moons ago, when it the price was $378- CDN, had it appraised in 2010 the appraised value now is $19,500- (almost can get a 2002 e46 for that ). Oh yes it does not glow in the dark since it is all gold on the handles and numerals, I don't mind when I drive at night I have the time on my instrument cluster
Attached Images

Appreciate 0