BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

BPM

11-18-2011, 12:27 PM   #45
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by qclik View Post
Go big or go home! hit the gold vault of federal reserve bank NY. $25 billion. Looks like you need couple tank, chopper and a battallion of mercenary to do the job.
Die Hard with a Vengeance???
      11-18-2011, 12:33 PM   #46
Bimmer84
Guardian of the Night
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i M Sport Coupe

Garage List
2010 335i E92  [7.50]
Here is my input. Go to a small town, find out how many banks they have. Scout them out, see which is the busiest. Next, spend a few days driving around, and check how many patrols seem to be out at one time. Drive by the police station, and check how many cars are still in the lot.

Scout work done, time to move on. Here comes your diversion. Nothing EVER happens in small towns. EVER. Time for your big plan. You want to create at least two diversions at one time, it will be more than enough to tie the police up.

Here are your next steps:

1. Get a couple throw away phones.
2. Get an old car (doesn't even need to run) and fire starting material.
3. These need to be done close to the same amount of time.
a. Call in a rape on one side of town.. Police will drop everything and scramble.
b. On the other side of town, start that car on fire. Put it somewhere in major public, but don't be seen. Calll it in and say you heard and explosion, people injured, and a car on fire. Now everyone is busy.
4. Go to the bank with the most business... run in and fire some rounds in the ceiling, element of surprise style. In a small town, their first instinct will not be to hit any security stuff. Get behind the counter as fast as you can.
5. Get the fuck out of there. Wash and repeat over the next few days. Maybe even switch towns. I've heard of 'serial' robbers who bust like 20 small town banks before they get cocky and get caught.

Again, for entertainment purposes only.
2010 335i M Sport Coupe -- Black Sapphire Metallic|Coral Red|Loaded|JB4 Stage 3|BMS DCI|VRSF DPs|Camaross 6k AE|Performance Gloss Black Grilles|CF Performance Spoiler|CF Quad Diffuser|Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips|CF Roundels|Smoked Reflectors|Red Cyba Scoops|193s Painted Lamborghini Metallic Dark Gray
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2011, 12:35 PM   #47
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer84 View Post
Here is my input. Go to a small town, find out how many banks they have. Scout them out, see which is the busiest. Next, spend a few days driving around, and check how many patrols seem to be out at one time. Drive by the police station, and check how many cars are still in the lot.

Scout work done, time to move on. Here comes your diversion. Nothing EVER happens in small towns. EVER. Time for your big plan. You want to create at least two diversions at one time, it will be more than enough to tie the police up.

Here are your next steps:

1. Get a couple throw away phones.
2. Get an old car (doesn't even need to run) and fire starting material.
3. These need to be done close to the same amount of time.
a. Call in a rape on one side of town.. Police will drop everything and scramble.
b. On the other side of town, start that car on fire. Put it somewhere in major public, but don't be seen. Calll it in and say you heard and explosion, people injured, and a car on fire. Now everyone is busy.
4. Go to the bank with the most business... run in and fire some rounds in the ceiling, element of surprise style. In a small town, their first instinct will not be to hit and security stuff. Get behind the counter as fast as you can.
5. Get the fuck out of there. Wash and repeat over the next few days. Maybe even switch towns. I've heard of 'serial' robbers who bust like 20 small town banks before they get cocky and get caught.

Again, for entertainment purposes only.
You must live in Mayberry with two cops lol
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2011, 12:36 PM   #48
Bimmer84
Guardian of the Night
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i M Sport Coupe

Garage List
2010 335i E92  [7.50]
No, I don't... lol. I am from Boston. I have lived in small towns though. Either way, you don't have to live there. Just find it. lol

And besides, I bet Mayberry had a bank.
2010 335i M Sport Coupe -- Black Sapphire Metallic|Coral Red|Loaded|JB4 Stage 3|BMS DCI|VRSF DPs|Camaross 6k AE|Performance Gloss Black Grilles|CF Performance Spoiler|CF Quad Diffuser|Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips|CF Roundels|Smoked Reflectors|Red Cyba Scoops|193s Painted Lamborghini Metallic Dark Gray
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2011, 12:37 PM   #49
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost of Tom Joad View Post
ambush the truck on a small street. put an EFP in the road, it runs over it, 'disables' the guards and truck, and you can do your worst with the loot.
They should be able to find you because it's not easy to obtain EFP's.

Grabbing money from behind the counter won't work either because of safety tricks they have.

A guy used to walk into banks with a note, slide it to the teller quietly, she would give him the money, and walk out quietly. They never found him.
      11-18-2011, 12:39 PM   #50
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer84 View Post
No, I don't... lol. I am from Boston. I have lived in small towns though. Either way, you don't have to live there. Just find it. lol

And besides, I bet Mayberry had a bank.
Good point...in for a mayberry hold up!
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2011, 12:40 PM   #51
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

You'd either have to be VERY simple, or VERY extravagant.

One end you'd have to have people ready to take the money and have connections to get it safe, get you out of the country, and have the money to float you until they can lander it properly.

Or you would just need to walk in the bank quietly and ask for money via note, with no weapons.

The issue with big robberies is the people are desperate, and don't have outside sources to help them with the money once they get it.
      11-18-2011, 01:10 PM   #52
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by san~man View Post
Robbing a bank is stupid, too much security and too many witnesses.

You rob the small armored cars that refill ATM machines at the mall. During xmas time, the ones here carry MILLIONS, with only 2 security guards. Think of it this way: each "cassette" in the machine carries 40K in cash, and each machine holds multiple cassettes. Do the math.

Plus, those guys are lightly armed, and most only have revolvers at that.
How do you know this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost of Tom Joad View Post
ambush the truck on a small street. put an EFP in the road, it runs over it, 'disables' the guards and truck, and you can do your worst with the loot.
These guards are probably getting paid around 40-60k salaries tops. I highly doubt they would be willing to lay their life on the line for someone else's money. I'd warn them to just give me the money prior to taking further action. (i.e. brute force)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
You'd either have to be VERY simple, or VERY extravagant.

One end you'd have to have people ready to take the money and have connections to get it safe, get you out of the country, and have the money to float you until they can lander it properly.

Or you would just need to walk in the bank quietly and ask for money via note, with no weapons.

The issue with big robberies is the people are desperate, and don't have outside sources to help them with the money once they get it.
I have a feeling this happens more than we know.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2011, 01:13 PM   #53
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE

This is roughly one million cash. Not sure how two men transport that through a mall. If so, wow.

Collins could you voucher with your banking expertise that each stack is roughly $5,000?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-18-2011, 01:33 PM   #54
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Just send your SSN and address to Nigeria, its quicker
      11-18-2011, 01:34 PM   #55
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4MR

Quote:

You rob the small armored cars that refill ATM machines at the mall. During xmas time, the ones here carry MILLIONS, with only 2 security guards. Think of it this way: each "cassette" in the machine carries 40K in cash, and each machine holds multiple cassettes. Do the math.

someone in Philly had that idea, and shot up the drivers
      11-18-2011, 01:35 PM   #56
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi335 View Post
sir, the question is how not to be robed by a bank
I can't believe this... best post in the thread..
      11-18-2011, 01:37 PM   #57
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4MR

tips:

*find a bank thats being built, and figure out exactly where the vault room will be, and compromise a section during construction

*wear shoes that increase your height by 1-2", so that you're harder to identify

*car must have a licence plate that flips, or simply steal a plate from an out of state car a day or 2 before
      11-18-2011, 01:52 PM   #58
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinsE90 View Post
They're a lot more armed than you think. But I agree it would probably be the easiest, but still almost impossible.
When they exit their vehicle, they only have a sidearm.

Unless their assault rifle case has some camo-predator-type technology, they don't have anything other than their pistol on their person.
      11-18-2011, 01:53 PM   #59
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

Quote:
Originally Posted by FwdFtl View Post
How do you know this?
I asked once
      11-18-2011, 02:06 PM   #60
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
wtf that was an easy $600 for that guy lol
yeah
I looked at my banker after they told me the story and I was like "soooo... get me an envelope?"
      11-18-2011, 03:05 PM   #61
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Yea those are 5k, we used 10k straps but same thing. There is always another guy in the truck with a shotgun near him if needed. They carry a bag with the money that needs multiple keys, it isn't like the movies.
      11-18-2011, 04:36 PM   #62
Gregxi
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 535xi

Quote:

Those guys are usually ex cops, or worse guys that couldn't be cops and would love the opportunity to shoot someone. Plus revolvers usually hold 6 bullets that's 5 left over if he gets you on the first try
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2011, 04:51 PM   #63
kyleb350
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

Would definitely need to get info on how things are locked up in an armored car.

Take care of the guards, drive it to a cliff, empty the gas tank, drive it off cliff, and hopefully cash is accessible. It's also being tracked, so you'd need to mimic the signal in another location. lol
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2011, 12:33 AM   #64
qclik
Captain
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by qclik View Post
Go big or go home! hit the gold vault of federal reserve bank NY. $25 billion. Looks like you need couple tank, chopper and a battallion of mercenary to do the job.
Die Hard with a Vengeance???
Yup, except they robbing gold with garbage truck, i am gonna use tank like a boss.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2011, 12:19 PM   #65
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a car

I work at Wells Fargo in Woodland Hills and we keep about 100-200k in the whole branch and it's stored in like 5 different places, including some safety deposit boxes we use for the branch. Your best bet is to walk in a slip the teller a note and you better be armed because if your not, you ain't getting shit. Another way would be if you knew someone on the inside who told you when someone is going to make a large cash withdrawal, we had someone take out 250k cash and walk out with no guards. Giving someone that much cash takes about 2 weeks of background and other verification so by the time the day comes everyone is well aware of what's happening.
      11-19-2011, 01:00 PM   #66
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW335TT View Post
I work at Wells Fargo in Woodland Hills and we keep about 100-200k in the whole branch and it's stored in like 5 different places, including some safety deposit boxes we use for the branch. Your best bet is to walk in a slip the teller a note and you better be armed because if your not, you ain't getting shit. Another way would be if you knew someone on the inside who told you when someone is going to make a large cash withdrawal, we had someone take out 250k cash and walk out with no guards. Giving someone that much cash takes about 2 weeks of background and other verification so by the time the day comes everyone is well aware of what's happening.
You must of not listened in training, if someone says give me your money. You give it no matter what, doesn't matter if armed or not, banks don't take chances, especially WF.