BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

EXXEL Distributions

05-11-2012, 07:19 AM   #23
dnotorious
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 Sedan DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
SA2000 is out of date. The ratings are good for 10years (for the majority of events/groups etc). So you could buy a SA2005 and it be good for a few years. I would suggest if you are going to spend the money at this point get the SA2010 and know you are good.
Thanks I knew this in my head; but your reassurance tipped me over.. SA2010 it is...
E90 2007 BMW 335i - 6SPD - Sparkling Graphite Metallic - Sold
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2012, 11:36 AM   #24
M3-Mike
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

Just spoke with Jennifer at CSC Racing, in open face, they only carry the Bell Sport Mag SA2010 Auto Racing Helmets, but price is good, and this is a proper auto helmet.

She is putting one aside for me, they have an order coming in June 1st so hopefully just in time for Mosport DDT this weekend.

I want an open face as I'm counting on the airbags to protect me from the front and prefer the freedom of being able to drink my Starbucks latte while driving on the track.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2012, 03:15 PM   #25
MaxL
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, Cayenne T, 991 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-Mike View Post
Just spoke with Jennifer at CSC Racing, in open face, they only carry the Bell Sport Mag SA2010 Auto Racing Helmets, but price is good, and this is a proper auto helmet.

She is putting one aside for me, they have an order coming in June 1st so hopefully just in time for Mosport DDT this weekend.

I want an open face as I'm counting on the airbags to protect me from the front and prefer the freedom of being able to drink my Starbucks latte while driving on the track.
Haha reminds me how I once tried to take a sip of pop before going out for a track session with full-face helmet already on. Did not want to pass the session, so ended up driving in soaking wet shirt.

BTW, only came to this thread because of the title "where can I ... TEST HELMETS..." . So far I've tested only my skiing & mtn biking helmets, and I would not recommend it to anyone. Trying them on is a different story, of course
Appreciate 0