BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

Mporium BMW

06-05-2011, 10:29 PM   #3235
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90M3

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [7.60]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
your car is sick bro.
thank you sir... Wait to see what i have planned for MFEST next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
Neither of us drinks wine.

I personally dislike Alcohol in general... but I really don't like Wine. Thus it'd be a complete waste.

Providence, where she took me last night, is about $120/person (no drinks of any sort)' I wasn't full, I was 'good,' which is probably better lol. But the food was phenomenal
no like wine? maybe you just haven't found the right wine for you? I used to not like wine at all until i found wines i did like. Either way... to each his own

$120/person isn't bad for phenomenal food. i don't need to be stuffed when leaving a restaurant especially when i'm taking someone out on a date. so this place may be a place to check out
:Videos: EnvyRidesTV, GPR 1, GPR 2, GPR 3, ///MFEST
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 10:35 PM   #3236
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90///M3` View Post
no like wine? maybe you just haven't found the right wine for you? I used to not like wine at all until i found wines i did like. Either way... to each his own

$120/person isn't bad for phenomenal food. i don't need to be stuffed when leaving a restaurant especially when i'm taking someone out on a date. so this place may be a place to check out
You're right

I mean, I dislike alcohol (I hate shots...unless I just want to get plastered, but I don't enjoy them), but there are certain cocktails (if mixed correctly), and I do enjoy drinking. Such as an AMF (Adios Mother Fucker) and (yea yeah....) a Cosmopolitan.
I can drink Belvedere vodka and Grey Goose without problem, but I can't drink Absolut or Smirnoff.

So maybe I just haven't found the right Wine.
I do like wine in cooking though :P it gives a nice flavor to the food.
120/person isn't bad at all for phenomenal food.
but $1000 per person... that's a big difference .

When I start making 20k a month again someday, I won't mind spending $120/person on food often. Food is something i don't mind spending money on. I rather spend money on food than see a doctor

Which I prly should cause I'm sick.... again... 3rd time since beginning of May. it sucks
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 10:45 PM   #3237
M_BYEEE
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM X5M

wait so you dont make 20k a year but you drive an M3 and you hope to make 20k a month again someday?
      06-05-2011, 10:47 PM   #3238
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [7.60]
Quote:
You're right

I mean, I dislike alcohol (I hate shots...unless I just want to get plastered, but I don't enjoy them), but there are certain cocktails (if mixed correctly), and I do enjoy drinking. Such as an AMF (Adios Mother Fucker) and (yea yeah....) a Cosmopolitan.
I can drink Belvedere vodka and Grey Goose without problem, but I can't drink Absolut or Smirnoff.

So maybe I just haven't found the right Wine.
I do like wine in cooking though :P it gives a nice flavor to the food.
120/person isn't bad at all for phenomenal food.
but $1000 per person... that's a big difference .

When I start making 20k a month again someday, I won't mind spending $120/person on food often. Food is something i don't mind spending money on. I rather spend money on food than see a doctor

Which I prly should cause I'm sick.... again... 3rd time since beginning of May. it sucks
Same here... i rarely drink. even wine is a rarity. Shots are generally a no-no for me cause, in all honesty, alcohol doesn't agree with my stomach. Hence the ER visits while in Canada for my friends wedding.

yeah... the $1k per person is ridiculous if you ask me. but apparently he was trying to woo a girl by taking the friends to a fancy lunch? i dunno. i just think it's nuts.

as for getting sick... take my advice in the NUMBER ONE PREVENTATIVE to getting sick... wash your hands. do it right, do it often and get enough sleep every night!
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 10:52 PM   #3239
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Neither of us drinks wine.

I personally dislike Alcohol in general... but I really don't like Wine. Thus it'd be a complete waste.

And even if I was making 20k a year like I was back in High School (long story, no where close anymore :/), I wouldn't spend that much money on someone who isn't my wife or I'm not trying to get with, if you know what I mean.
I recall you saying that you really cared about her. Maybe I was mistaken.

AND you said that you wanted to go somewhere amazing... so I recommended somewhere amazing.

Since you guys don't drink, you can go to French Laundry and spend less than $1000
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 10:55 PM   #3240
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Places like BOA and STK are always a safe bet, but that might not be your kind of thing.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 11:04 PM   #3241
Definitive
definitivecars.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: Elsa - 2015 F80 M3 - YMB/SS

Garage List
May not be able to make it nor for real to the event at Steve Thomas. Need a sitter for my kid, and no one is available... Its no fun to bring him cause we could only stay like 30 minutes till hes bored and driving me crazy.

D
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 11:13 PM   #3242
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

^^bummer jamie. Maybe something will change and you will be able to make it.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 11:13 PM   #3243
M_BYEEE
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Definitive View Post
May not be able to make it nor for real to the event at Steve Thomas. Need a sitter for my kid, and no one is available... Its no fun to bring him cause we could only stay like 30 minutes till hes bored and driving me crazy.

D
Damn those flakey babysitters
      06-05-2011, 11:23 PM   #3244
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

D
Put a shot of whisky in a bottle of milk.

He won't be bored for long.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2011, 11:25 PM   #3245
M_BYEEE
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Jamie you want me to get my older sister to watch him for an hour or two??? lol me and Maggie offered to take him to SF with us haha
      06-05-2011, 11:41 PM   #3246
Definitive
definitivecars.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: Elsa - 2015 F80 M3 - YMB/SS

Garage List
Yea, maybe Ill put on a movie for him in the car! And bring a folding chair to sit outside the car. Lol

Willthere be food? BBQ? You should get the Boba truck out!!! Hehe

D
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 12:08 AM   #3247
M_BYEEE
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yea, maybe Ill put on a movie for him in the car! And bring a folding chair to sit outside the car. Lol

D
Haha thats a good idea put a movie on for him!
      06-06-2011, 12:08 AM   #3248
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [7.60]
Quote:

D
i agree with this suggestion... Boba Truck and White Rabbit Truck FTW.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 12:10 AM   #3249
theriz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Garage List
2017 F80 M3  [0.00]
2011 335i M-Sport  [4.00]
2015 M3  [0.00]
2009 X5  [10.00]
Quote:
^^^ RIZ you don't even have these in your car!

D
seat belt chime?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 01:26 AM   #3250
Bowser330
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: i3 REX

Not really a drinker either....my wife is actually allergic to it so we're a good match in that sense...thing is, and let me know if you've experienced similar, sometimes i get a "vibe" from the wait staff when I decline "drinks". Sort of like i'm the customer they wont make any money off of tonight...i don't know, it's just a feeling..anyone?...

Persian54, you have got to know that nearly every forum member will want to know more about this statement "....When I start making 20k a month again someday...."

I got the car coded earlier today, had to run some errands and watch the game, sorry for posting back so late.

(1) Turn off seatbelt chime for driver & passenger
(2) Disable iDrive legal disclaimer on startup
(4) Amber corned delete
(5) Add the digital speedometer to non-M cars (V=## mph) in addition to existing options.
(6) Remove the correction on digital speedometer, it'll show the "real" speed but the two speedometers will not match example
(7) Use keyfob to fold mirrors and windows up automatically when locking

I didn't end up getting (3) Allow one touch operation of the windows while the door is open. I dont know, I sort of didn't feel it was important and was too excited about the other ones.

will see you guys at CCC
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 01:34 AM   #3251
M_BYEEE
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser330 View Post
Not really a drinker either....my wife is actually allergic to it so we're a good match in that sense...thing is, and let me know if you've experienced similar, sometimes i get a "vibe" from the wait staff when I decline "drinks". Sort of like i'm the customer they wont make any money off of tonight...i don't know, it's just a feeling..anyone?...

Persian54, you have got to know that nearly every forum member will want to know more about this statement "....When I start making 20k a month again someday...."

I got the car coded earlier today, had to run some errands and watch the game, sorry for posting back so late.

(1) Turn off seatbelt chime for driver & passenger
(2) Disable iDrive legal disclaimer on startup
(4) Amber corned delete
(5) Add the digital speedometer to non-M cars (V=## mph) in addition to existing options.
(6) Remove the correction on digital speedometer, it'll show the "real" speed but the two speedometers will not match example
(7) Use keyfob to fold mirrors and windows up automatically when locking

I didn't end up getting (3) Allow one touch operation of the windows while the door is open. I dont know, I sort of didn't feel it was important and was too excited about the other ones.

will see you guys at CCC
How much does coding cost? I wouldnt even know what to expect as far as pricing? Seems almost like an effortless task...I know the ppl who figure that shit out would strike me down for saying that but yea. Not that I need any coding just curious haha
      06-06-2011, 11:50 AM   #3252
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep

A digital speedometer sounds pretty cool. I wouldn't mind having that!
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 12:15 PM   #3253
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

you guys should check this out:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...=1#post9759076

this is why I hate e90post, members are little kids
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 12:19 PM   #3254
WesleyC
Colonel
United_States
Rep

I think you rub people the wrong way (hence the reason for all of the tags involving your name in the OT section). IMO, you're too involved in the forums. This is why I only like to stay in the regional section.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 12:21 PM   #3255
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg135i View Post
wait so you dont make 20k a year but you drive an M3 and you hope to make 20k a month again someday?
Sorry I meant to type 20k/month

This is why I'm never suppose to post at night and only during the day lol

I'm not a night person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90///M3` View Post
Same here... i rarely drink. even wine is a rarity. Shots are generally a no-no for me cause, in all honesty, alcohol doesn't agree with my stomach. Hence the ER visits while in Canada for my friends wedding.

yeah... the $1k per person is ridiculous if you ask me. but apparently he was trying to woo a girl by taking the friends to a fancy lunch? i dunno. i just think it's nuts.

as for getting sick... take my advice in the NUMBER ONE PREVENTATIVE to getting sick... wash your hands. do it right, do it often and get enough sleep every night!
If he can freely spend 1k per person on dinner, more power to him

My body can handle shots, I just don't enjoy it lol.

I do wash my hands regularly, but don't get enough sleep. I get sick whenever the weather changes... it was sunny then cloudy this weekend..thus i got sick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes. View Post
I recall you saying that you really cared about her. Maybe I was mistaken.

AND you said that you wanted to go somewhere amazing... so I recommended somewhere amazing.
Hehe well I'm sure that place is amazing, and I do really care about her, but not 1k per person lol.

A previous business partner of mine owes me a good deal of money, and I promised her if he pays it all back, I'll take us to Hawaii or something.

Edit: I typed 20k/month correctly... you read it wrong... and here I am apologizing for something when I didn't make a mistake lol
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2011, 12:24 PM   #3256
M_BYEEE
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
you guys should check this out:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...=1#post9759076

this is why I hate e90post, members are little kids
haha oh man.....I think there are idiots on all the boards. They just come in higher frequency on e90post everyone on 1addicts are friendly and brotherly just like on m3post.