BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

07-02-2009, 08:21 AM   #23
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
LOL, yeah that is my other car, I need to change it to secondary though.
hahahehe.....Definitely.

(I changed mine from a '06 Sienna Mini Van)
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 10:21 AM   #24
lugnut
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Space/Fox

Here are some pics of my Gintani exhaust. Fedex just dropped it off. I'm not sure what the "cheap" comment was referring to, the unit looks very nice in person. My only concern before I ordered it was that the tips not being a double walled style like OEM, but it looks awesome the way it is. I opted for the ceramic black coating, and it looks great. Overall it looks fantastic. Well done Gintani, can't wait to get it installed next week!
Attached Images

08 E92 M3 SG/Fox Red Gintani Race (sold), RG63
02 E46 M3 Cab Imola, E36 Z3 Atlanta Blue/Tan
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 11:14 AM   #25
niterider
Proove It!
Rep
Drives: Gintani Supercharged

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut View Post
Here are some pics of my Gintani exhaust. Fedex just dropped it off. I'm not sure what the "cheap" comment was referring to, the unit looks very nice in person. My only concern before I ordered it was that the tips not being a double walled style like OEM, but it looks awesome the way it is. I opted for the ceramic black coating, and it looks great. Overall it looks fantastic. Well done Gintani, can't wait to get it installed next week!
Congrats, im sure ur gonna love it. Also the cheap comment was obviously from someone who knew nothing about this exhaust. When I first saw the complete system in person I was amazed by the wleds and smooth bends.
      07-02-2009, 11:54 AM   #26
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The exhaust looks very good. Did you get the 90mm tips or 80mm tips?
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 02:27 PM   #27
Sales@Gintani.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red E92 M3

Adam, Im glad you like it and we cant wait to see it on your car. I know youll love it buddy. He got the 90MM, that is all were offering as of now.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 04:55 PM   #28
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Well hopefully Adam can give a review of how he likes his new exhaust, eh?
Btw, the tips look good.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 09:37 PM   #29
lugnut
First Lieutenant
Rep

I'm hoping to have a review up sometime next week. With any luck I can get it and my short shifter thrown on early next week. Just working out a mount for my digital sound meter so I can post before/after vids w/ decibel levels. I'm also supposed to swap out my 08 idrive to the 09 idrive next week, so it sounds like I'm gonna be a busy boy.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 10:13 PM   #30
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm hoping to have a review up sometime next week. With any luck I can get it and my short shifter thrown on early next week. Just working out a mount for my digital sound meter so I can post before/after vids w/ decibel levels. I'm also supposed to swap out my 08 idrive to the 09 idrive next week, so it sounds like I'm gonna be a busy boy.
Lots of good stuff to do, but little time...hahaha.

If you don't mind me requesting when you get your review up, I was wondering if you could take a quick shot of how the exhaust looks from the rear....So it'll give a great view of how the tips look along side the rear bumper.

I've seen a few shots from underneath the rear, but not of one directly behind the vehicle at ground level.

Pretty please.......
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 10:44 PM   #31
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Congrats be prepared to frighten small children for blocks.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 11:44 PM   #32
x838nwy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: nothing right now...

A quick question on the ceramic black coating - seems to be grey in the photographs. Is that just the lighting or camera adjustment, or is it actually grey?

FWIW - the welds look good, bends and fittings look real nice.

Even the gains look good -> http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=271496
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2009, 11:56 PM   #33
lugnut
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by x838nwy View Post
A quick question on the ceramic black coating - seems to be grey in the photographs. Is that just the lighting or camera adjustment, or is it actually grey?
That's the lighting I suppose. It is definitely black. I would call it a semi-gloss black. Not quite matte, but not piano black either. A girl would probably call it "egg-shell"

I'll post all the angle pics that people want. All in good time.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 02:21 AM   #34
Davinhci
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 E92 & 08 E70 X5 4.8

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Sorry for the crappy pics...

it's all I got now but I will try to get a buddy of mine take some more shots and video soon.

08 E92 AW M3 | HRE P40 19" | APE Air Filter | BMW Performance Grills | White Side Gills | CF Mirror Covers | BMW Performance Pedals | F1 Pinnacle Tint | V1 Hardwire | Dinan Performance Software | Gintani Exhaust | H&R Sports Springs | RPI Scoops | BMW CF Spoiler | Challenge Diffuser | Lux H8 V3 | LCI Tail Lights |
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 02:46 AM   #35
x838nwy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: nothing right now...

^ Looks super-stealth imo. Totally unique, congrats!

I would really love to see it on a JB car.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 04:06 AM   #36
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
That looks awesome. That's the same setup I'll probably be taking too. You just get the axle-back? Notice any drone at 70-75mph?

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 08:12 AM   #37
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Thanks for those pics Davinhci.

And nice custom license plate: "VEE888" hahaha
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2009, 01:33 PM   #38
niterider
Proove It!
Rep
Drives: Gintani Supercharged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davinhci View Post
it's all I got now but I will try to get a buddy of mine take some more shots and video soon.

that looks sick!!!
      07-03-2009, 02:08 PM   #39
TRZ06
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' M3

SO.......

What do you think of the sound?

Alex told me mine are almost done, I should have them on in a week or so, depending on when they get finished and how long it takes to ship.

I am going with the polished finish though.
13' Audi TTRS (APR stage 1, MSS springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' M3 Interlagos Blue: 6sp, Tech.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 11:27 PM   #40
lugnut
First Lieutenant
Rep

Just picked my car up from Motor Works West with my Gintani exhaust (rear section) and my Rogue SSK.

I'll have some vids up soon, taking a 400 mile trip this weekend so I'll have be able to give a decent review early next week.

My initial thoughts are that its pretty mean sounding. It is pretty loud, but on a highway, windows up and music at a normal level it was easy to talk to my passenger. This definitely is not the system you want to choose if you are hoping to fly under the radar though, as I drew a ton of looks everywhere I went.

As for the cosmetic end of things, the cans themselves aren't really even visible from behind the car, and the tips really fill the cutouts of the rear bumper nicely. I went w/ the ceramic black finish on my Space Gray E92.

As far as drone, it exists, but really only in the same range as everyone else's exhaust systems (around 16-2300rpm). Evidently I didn't realize how often I drove my car around town this low in the rpms, but not a problem a simple downshift can't fix

To be honest, the difference in sound level seems much more pronounced at lower RPMs than higher up. Don't get me wrong, high up it sounds awesome, but the decibel difference between the stock setup and the Gintani setup seems (haven't tested the Ginatni w/ my sound meter yet) to diminish at RPM increases. I'm guessing that the Gintani is probably around 10-12 Db louder than the OEM system.

2 things I noticed about the system:
1) The stock exhaust has a grounding cable running off it (I assume this is for the O2 sensors, but I really am nto sure), while the Gintani does not have any ground attachments. Not a big deal, just something that made me say "Huh"
2)The tubing leading from the Cats to the Cans seems to be the same width as stock. Again, I didn't measure, but visually it looks similar. I would have thought that to improve flow they would need to be wider, but I'm not an engineer, nor do I have any mathematical reasoning behind this besides drinking a milkshake through straws.

All in all, 150 miles in and I am happy with my choice! Thanks to Alex and Raz at Gintani for getting my system out to me so quickly! I'll have pics/vids up soon.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 11:47 PM   #41
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Thank you for the great introductory review! It helps me very much. If I decide to go with Gintani, I'll go with the full catless set-up since I know that the rear exhaust sound will not be loud enough for me. The sound is extremely important, as is quality, looks, and power. I look forward to your next review. Thank you Lugnut.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2009, 12:36 AM   #42
TRZ06
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' M3

Quote:
Just picked my car up from Motor Works West with my Gintani exhaust (rear section) and my Rogue SSK.

I'll have some vids up soon, taking a 400 mile trip this weekend so I'll have be able to give a decent review early next week.

My initial thoughts are that its pretty mean sounding. It is pretty loud, but on a highway, windows up and music at a normal level it was easy to talk to my passenger. This definitely is not the system you want to choose if you are hoping to fly under the radar though, as I drew a ton of looks everywhere I went.

As for the cosmetic end of things, the cans themselves aren't really even visible from behind the car, and the tips really fill the cutouts of the rear bumper nicely. I went w/ the ceramic black finish on my Space Gray E92.

As far as drone, it exists, but really only in the same range as everyone else's exhaust systems (around 16-2300rpm). Evidently I didn't realize how often I drove my car around town this low in the rpms, but not a problem a simple downshift can't fix

To be honest, the difference in sound level seems much more pronounced at lower RPMs than higher up. Don't get me wrong, high up it sounds awesome, but the decibel difference between the stock setup and the Gintani setup seems (haven't tested the Ginatni w/ my sound meter yet) to diminish at RPM increases. I'm guessing that the Gintani is probably around 10-12 Db louder than the OEM system.

2 things I noticed about the system:
1) The stock exhaust has a grounding cable running off it (I assume this is for the O2 sensors, but I really am nto sure), while the Gintani does not have any ground attachments. Not a big deal, just something that made me say "Huh"
2)The tubing leading from the Cats to the Cans seems to be the same width as stock. Again, I didn't measure, but visually it looks similar. I would have thought that to improve flow they would need to be wider, but I'm not an engineer, nor do I have any mathematical reasoning behind this besides drinking a milkshake through straws.

All in all, 150 miles in and I am happy with my choice! Thanks to Alex and Raz at Gintani for getting my system out to me so quickly! I'll have pics/vids up soon.

Mine is shipping out tomorrow, any performance changes that you have felt?

Is it any more responsive?
13' Audi TTRS (APR stage 1, MSS springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' M3 Interlagos Blue: 6sp, Tech.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2009, 12:49 AM   #43
powertrip
Scared money don't make money.
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 DCT

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
Mine is shipping out tomorrow, any performance changes that you have felt?

Is it any more responsive?
I'll have mine installed Saturday morning . Can't wait to hear the difference from my AA exhaust. I'll tell you this...all of the guys at Gintani are genuinely great guys. I can't thank them enough for being patient with me for the last two weeks .
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2009, 04:19 AM   #44
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
Post all your reviews and pictures guys! I'm really deciding between the Gintani, RPi or Riss at this point.

Someone post pics of your Gintani is the regular polished finish if you can!

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
Appreciate 0