BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

EXXEL Distributions

01-19-2008, 07:04 PM   #23
Yonkers
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneginee View Post
oh well if you calculate a 4.5% yearly interest on $2,500 for 3 months that is only 28 dollars <snip> How's that for making you feel better. Not that anyone will for me.
Yeah, I always knew it was a little amount of money. Heck, I calculated tip wrong today at lunch and left 35% instead of 17%. That half covers the interest right there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo2003 View Post
Last summer BMW West was talking of a 5,000 premium over MSRP....did you hear anything about having to pay OVER MSRP? Did they guarantee you MSRP?
They explicitly told me they don't like playing those games. Nothing in writing that specifically states exactly MSRP but they told me as such. The Sales Manager. also said he hates it when dealers say you get car #5, but someone comes in and is willing to pay more and you end up waiting longer. He said if he tells me I'm #5, I'm #5. I guess I'll get to see how honest he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
If those 22 people all decide to go ahead with their purchases, you most likely won't be seeing this car before the summer. There have been several calculations here based on production targets and number of dealerships in the US, and they pretty much all point toward a large dealership getting 5-6 cars a month, but that's after production really starts.
Yeah, that sounds reasonable. But so how does that work when a dealer already has 22 people in the system but when they put another order the DCS gives them a production date of week 10? The Sales Manager there was quite explicit with me that he told me to expect it in May. He said he thought it might come earlier but he wanted to temper any of the numbers so I wouldn't be disappointed. So what you say sounds right but unless he just lied straight to my face I'm kinda confused.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2008, 07:39 PM   #24
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonkers View Post
Yeah, that sounds reasonable. But so how does that work when a dealer already has 22 people in the system but when they put another order the DCS gives them a production date of week 10? The Sales Manager there was quite explicit with me that he told me to expect it in May. He said he thought it might come earlier but he wanted to temper any of the numbers so I wouldn't be disappointed. So what you say sounds right but unless he just lied straight to my face I'm kinda confused.
I'm not saying he lied to you although that is possible I guess to get you to commit. It is also possible that some of those people are waiting for the sedan with DCT, which won't be released until June, or the convertible, so you might actually be further up on the list in terms of being able to specify an exact order.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2008, 07:41 PM   #25
newlu
Rep
Drives: Audi MKII 3.2 TT

$2500 deposit seems rather reasonable for a car priced at $58K

congrats on the new purchase
sure it'll be fantastic
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2008, 05:14 PM   #26
Kane317
Rep
Drives: 2005 WW Evo8

Congrats too Yonkers. I've looked everywhere but I can't seem to find what Carbon Leather Trim means (4MY). Do you have a picture?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2008, 11:30 PM   #27
Yonkers
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane317 View Post
Congrats too Yonkers. I've looked everywhere but I can't seem to find what Carbon Leather Trim means (4MY). Do you have a picture?
Look in the Fox Red thread in the Images forum. Lots there.
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...0&postcount=32
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2008, 12:24 AM   #28
Yonkers
Second Lieutenant
Rep

So I've been looking at a lot of these Carbon Leather pictures and am thinking that the contrast with the black dash is not there. I can barely see the trim. What do you guys think?
I'm thinking of going with the brushed aluminum but the pictures I've seen it looks very bright. But it could easily be due to the flash from the camera. Can anyone with the aluminum trim give me an idea of how bright it actually is? Otherwise I might just go with the standard Titanium Shadow.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2008, 01:57 PM   #29
djbacklash
Registered
Rep
Drives: 330CI

What was your total? That's pretty much the exact config I plan on getting. Going to talk to the guys at Momentum and Advantage pretty soon and hopefully put down a deposit.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2008, 02:10 PM   #30
Yonkers
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbacklash View Post
What was your total? That's pretty much the exact config I plan on getting. Going to talk to the guys at Momentum and Advantage pretty soon and hopefully put down a deposit.
No pricing on the print out they gave me. But since we know what the costs are, my spreadsheet tells me it'll cost $75,246. This is assuming GGT costs $1700 and tax of 6.25%. I'm not sure what title and license and all that costs so that might be another $100 or so.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2008, 03:55 PM   #31
nMd
Chick
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Under the technology package, what is the " real time traffic information"? haven't heard anything about that yet...
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2008, 04:46 PM   #32
Yonkers
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nMd View Post
Under the technology package, what is the " real time traffic information"? haven't heard anything about that yet...
Just what it sounds like. You get real time traffic information piped down the satellite to your navigation and it tells you where the traffic delay is and how long the delay is. And then you can decide if you want to change routes to get around it.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2008, 11:11 PM   #33
Tut
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe (Sold), 2016 M3

Congrats to all of you who had placed new orders, I placed my order on Sat January 19 with $1000 deposit, the system wasn't ready to take the order yet. This AM I received an email from my dealer saying that it went through with the M-DCT, I had all options except the 19 inch wheels and the extended leather. I cannot wait as well, and I'll miss my 545i when I trade it in, but this should be a heck of a ride as well. Ordered color is Alpine White, and black leather.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2008, 11:27 PM   #34
///MArdor
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E92 M3

Tut,

Are you are going through Baron? I am number 5 with them ($2k deposit put down over 2 months ago) and I placed an order with the new M-DCT (M-DKG) among other things and I still don't have an order number yet ...PM if you can...thanks!
Appreciate 0