BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

BPM

04-22-2013, 11:55 AM   #1
SouthShoreM3
Passes everything but the gas station
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

Traveling to COLUMBIA, SC...any good Detailers

As the title states I driving from MA to Columbia, SC this week and was wondering if anyone knows of any good Detailers in the area. I just paint corrected the car and is in perfect shape so I am looking to find someone that this community trusts to wash my car from the road trip so I don't have to bring tons of wash products on the trip. Trunk is going to full as is.

Thanks all!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 12:48 PM   #2
lsmkr01
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

The only place I've heard good things about is J&B. I have not personally used them but was planning on it at some point this summer. I made the trip from Philly area PA down here a couple months back. Great drive to stretch the M's legs but I arrived with rock chips galore. Your car will be covered in bugs too; I have to clean my windshield and front bumper twice a week and that's just from normal commuting. Besides that weather down here is awesome and the back roads and highways are way better than the slow crap ones up north.

http://www.jbdetailing.com/
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 01:55 PM   #3
SouthShoreM3
United_States
Rep

Thanks man! I know the big scene is a nightmare. I went to school in NC many moons ago. Some of the best roads are down there. Haven't decided if I'm gonna take 95 straight down or if there is an alternate route. Going to be doing the late night into the early morning drive to miss most traffic.

Everyone thinks I'm insane for driving this far, but honestly I just want to take a long drive and miss the roads down there. And most importantly want to take the M for a long road trip. I was thinking about just driving my TTRS so I wouldn't have to be so anal about the cleanliness and maintenance. But the M is a more comfortable car for long drives.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 04:05 PM   #4
lsmkr01
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthShoreM3 View Post
Thanks man! I know the big scene is a nightmare. I went to school in NC many moons ago. Some of the best roads are down there. Haven't decided if I'm gonna take 95 straight down or if there is an alternate route. Going to be doing the late night into the early morning drive to miss most traffic.

Everyone thinks I'm insane for driving this far, but honestly I just want to take a long drive and miss the roads down there. And most importantly want to take the M for a long road trip. I was thinking about just driving my TTRS so I wouldn't have to be so anal about the cleanliness and maintenance. But the M is a more comfortable car for long drives.
I left at 3pm and arrived here at 1am so I did the drive during the same time period your thinking about. Is the reason for the trip just to visit? If so hit me up so we can meet. I just drove out to Greenville last weekend to get my test pipes installed and meet with a couple M3 guys out there. The highways here are really good and you can keep a good pace as long as you stay aware. I have a 32 mile commute to work in the morning and the vast majority of it is high speed back roads (70mph avg).
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2013, 05:38 PM   #5
SouthShoreM3
United_States
Rep

Going down for a wedding. Leaving Wednesday night so I should be there Thursday. Will definitely love to meet up. Send me a PM and I will respond. I got all the radar goodies and I am almost exclusively paranoid driving through VA so that wil be a slow drive
Appreciate 0