BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

07-08-2007, 04:27 PM   #1
NewhouseEnt
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: none

Only Shiv Can Save Us From Our Pain...

I think we need to shuttle Shiv and his little Vishnu toolbox over to the M3 isle of the store, let him fix the woes, do his magic, and for less than $5k, we've got our M3....
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2007, 04:33 PM   #2
ruff
Conspicuous consumption
Rep
Drives: 987 S .2, Lemond Zurich

Much much harder and costlier to get gains on a NA engine vs a FI engine.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2007, 04:34 PM   #3
NewhouseEnt
Second Lieutenant
Rep

And also maybe then we can also get our fu**n 0-60 times AND QUARTER MILE TIMES!!!Wtf!?

That in itself was mean spirited and cruel of BMW not to allow the tests to give us our fix of info! We want BLOOD!

It's almost............ as if............... Shiv...... were actually in control.... of the M3 tests..... since he loves to bait us with "will have numbers in a day or two" and then we get nothing for 2 weeks!
Give us!
Give us!
We want!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2007, 04:39 PM   #4
NewhouseEnt
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruff View Post
Much much harder and costlier to get gains on a NA engine vs a FI engine.

Semantics Shimantics! We don't care that it can't e done for cheap, we want what we want and right this minute! This very second!

"How can you have pudding if you don't eat your meat!!?"
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2007, 04:56 PM   #5
ruff
Conspicuous consumption
Rep
Drives: 987 S .2, Lemond Zurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewhouseEnt View Post
Semantics Shimantics! We don't care that it can't e done for cheap, we want what we want and right this minute! This very second!

I like your posts, they are entaining and a nice change of pace on this forum. Let me make one small suggestion, save your money and buy a facelifted Carrera S or better yet save longer and get the mighty GT3. In the next few years, Porsche is looking at introducing direct injection to their engines and a new DCT transmission.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2007, 05:11 PM   #6
nusevad
O! So Sour!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3

Garage List
1971 Datsun 240z  [0.00]
2008 M3  [9.60]
Quote:
I think we need to shuttle Shiv and his little Vishnu toolbox over to the M3 isle of the store, let him fix the woes, do his magic, and for less than $5k, we've got our M3....

Quote:
Dude, its been pointed out a million times that no one has their hands on the M3 yet...

Why dont you try walking into the M division in Munich and say, let me borrow a E92 M3 so i can create a performance chip.

Im sure you will get this response and hopefully followed by a

p.s. Im sure you will feel right at home in this thread. =)
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71092
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2007, 05:16 PM   #7
NewhouseEnt
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I'm bored now.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2007, 05:18 PM   #8
nusevad
O! So Sour!!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
1971 Datsun 240z  [0.00]
2008 M3  [9.60]
Quote:
I'm bored now.

When im bored i like to
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2007, 07:29 PM   #9
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

???

Quote:

Your seeming ignorance about how hard it will be to extract extra power from this really highly tuned NA V8 is suprising. Vishnu and other are not likely to mess with E92 M3 software based tuning for some time. Their "magic" isn't really magic, crank up the boost psi and viola - you have massive power and likely reliabilty problems. Even if they do the gains will be really modest 10-20 hp absolutely max is my guess. We'll get that by simply removing the charcoal filter like on the M5...
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2007, 07:55 PM   #10
JEllis
Major General
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3

Quote:
And also maybe then we can also get our fu**n 0-60 times AND QUARTER MILE TIMES!!!Wtf!?

That in itself was mean spirited and cruel of BMW not to allow the tests to give us our fix of info! We want BLOOD!

It's almost............ as if............... Shiv...... were actually in control.... of the M3 tests..... since he loves to bait us with "will have numbers in a day or two" and then we get nothing for 2 weeks!
Give us!
Give us!
We want!
Exactly, how long is it going to take you to realize how worthless "first drive" press days are? We are all jumping to conclusions over no performance numbers and no comparison tests. Just a few random guys feel for the car as they drive it for a couple hours. A couple guys really like it and couple just sorta liked it.....such is life

Jason
      07-08-2007, 08:11 PM   #11
RandyB
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '03 330i, '09 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Your seeming ignorance about how hard it will be to extract extra power from this really highly tuned NA V8 is suprising. Vishnu and other are not likely to mess with E92 M3 software based tuning for some time. Their "magic" isn't really magic, crank up the boost psi and viola - you have massive power and likely reliabilty problems. Even if they do the gains will be really modest 10-20 hp absolutely max is my guess. We'll get that by simply removing the charcoal filter like on the M5...
Awesome!

Now would everyone please not bring up Vishnu and Procede again. Wrong forum for that anyways.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2007, 02:45 AM   #12
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

One result

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEllis View Post
We are all jumping to conclusions over no performance numbers and no comparison tests.
You have seen the single (very impressive) result that the new M3 bests the Ferarri F360 0-1000m right? All I can say about that is, "WOW". I know you are, but, keep the faith.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2007, 03:10 AM   #13
bullitt5897
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: is300

I believe there will be plenty of room for making horsepower with this new engine. Having it remapped may help a little but its not going to do to terribly much. I got an extra 20-30hp out of my bullitt mustang by having it chipped. but then again thats Ford for ya LOL! I can easily see the new M3 making 500hp NA. thats just with a few mods. Now lets look at SC or TT that bad V8 and see what numbers you get. I think there will be a huge frenzy for the aftermarket when this thing hits the streets! Everyone should calm down and relax and watch what the boys over in Europe do and have to say when sept. rolls around. I know for one if Vorsteiner brings out some beautiful CF for our babies I will be on that like white on rice! I can see it now CF roof, hood, trunk, front and rear bumpers, and front splitter. Mixed with Interlagos blue nicely painted over some of that CF would make one hell of a SEXY Ride!
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2007, 09:42 AM   #14
Tobizach
Female Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: By the seat of her pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyB View Post
Awesome!

Now would everyone please not bring up Vishnu and Procede again. Wrong forum for that anyways.
Thank you, you have read my mind.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2007, 09:49 AM   #15
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Sticking with my theme

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt5897 View Post
I believe there will be plenty of room for making horsepower with this new engine. Having it remapped may help a little but its not going to do to terribly much. I got an extra 20-30hp out of my bullitt mustang by having it chipped. but then again thats Ford for ya LOL! I can easily see the new M3 making 500hp NA. thats just with a few mods. Now lets look at SC or TT that bad V8 and see what numbers you get. I think there will be a huge frenzy for the aftermarket when this thing hits the streets! Everyone should calm down and relax and watch what the boys over in Europe do and have to say when sept. rolls around. I know for one if Vorsteiner brings out some beautiful CF for our babies I will be on that like white on rice! I can see it now CF roof, hood, trunk, front and rear bumpers, and front splitter. Mixed with Interlagos blue nicely painted over some of that CF would make one hell of a SEXY Ride!

Ugh with capital letters UGH.

Yeah I guess you are right. BMW (like Ford) is leaving massive untapped potential and have really detuned the engine to get 420 hp at 8300 prm from a 4l. What the hell is a bullitt besides a mispelling of a projectile from a gun?

I can't wait to see your riced out M3 with the full CF look. The stock Al hood will probably be lighter than a crap aftermarket CF hood anyway. Many of the body panels are already plastic and don't need to be CF at all. CF is for STRUCTURAL COMPONENTS, not cosmetic ones.

Ugh
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2007, 10:01 AM   #16
nusevad
O! So Sour!!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
1971 Datsun 240z  [0.00]
2008 M3  [9.60]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyB View Post
+1
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2007, 10:29 AM   #17
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
I can easily see the new M3 making 500hp NA. thats just with a few mods.
Not a chance. A 500hp naturally aspirated S65 will cost you 10K+ at least and probably need a rebuild after a few thousand miles.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2007, 10:37 AM   #18
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Not a chance. A 500hp naturally aspirated S65 will cost you 10K+ at least and probably need a rebuild after a few thousand miles.
+1
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2007, 10:57 AM   #19
bullitt5897
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: is300

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Ugh with capital letters UGH.

Yeah I guess you are right. BMW (like Ford) is leaving massive untapped potential and have really detuned the engine to get 420 hp at 8300 prm from a 4l. What the hell is a bullitt besides a mispelling of a projectile from a gun?

I can't wait to see your riced out M3 with the full CF look. The stock Al hood will probably be lighter than a crap aftermarket CF hood anyway. Many of the body panels are already plastic and don't need to be CF at all. CF is for STRUCTURAL COMPONENTS, not cosmetic ones.

Ugh
Ok first of all, the Bullitt mustang is the car steve mcqueen drove in the very first American car chase! its supposed to be the baddest of baddest NA mustangs available. They did a limited production run of them in 2001 I had the british racing green version and it was putting around 330hp and 365ft of torque on an all NA motor. from that POS of a 4.6 that was impressive!

I am not about ricing out an M3 CF is for weight saving as well as aesthetics. If you look at Vorsteiner's products in the E46 M crowd you will get nothing but Rave reviews of their products. I will do what ever I can to reduce the weight of the new M so I can have that .1 of a sec faster car. Why? because on the track that .1 of a sec can make or brake you. by the way if you check out any of my ps you will see what I am looking to do. I am not set on the front bumper but I will do something good I can guarantee you that.

500hp NA wont be hard. if you run a more aggressive cam setup, highflow cats or cat deletes, headers, exhaust, intake system, larger fuel injectors and a really good ECU tune. you should easily hit that 500hp mark granted all said in done 10k is about the pricetag it would cost to reach that goal no doubt! I will likely go the FI route.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-09-2007, 11:17 AM   #20
nusevad
O! So Sour!!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
1971 Datsun 240z  [0.00]
2008 M3  [9.60]

The front bumper (w/o grille) actually looks pretty good.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2007, 11:40 AM   #21
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
500hp NA wont be hard...you should easily hit that 500hp mark...
Still don't agree with that.

I'm sure someone will eventually figure it out but it will not be easy. Heck cams and injectors require you to crack the motor and already that is not "easy". You have to remember this is a 60k car with parts that are priced stratospherically and often times take a while to obtain. Its not like a MOD powered Mustang where if you break something while poking around you just go down to the local Ford dealership and buy one from stock.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2007, 11:48 AM   #22
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers & Porsches

Quote:
Like others before have posted, you're not going to get much of a power gain with a contemporary, hi-tech, high revving, NA, Euro engine. You're kidding yourself if you believe that 500 hp can be easily coaxed from the M3's engine.

I'm sure that there are some ponies to be had in a Euro cat change and some modest ones in a less restictive muffler and the usual stuff, but c'mon... you talking about getting 450 hp if your lucky.
Appreciate 0