BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

12-25-2011, 07:30 PM   #67
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VVG View Post
Am I the only one who actually really likes the clutch? I liked it from the first time I ever test drove an e9x M3. Seemed so natural and easy to use for me. Usually, there is a little getting-used-to when you are with a new clutch, but not here. The mechanism just fit me like a glove.
I like the clutch as well, no regrets at all. In fact I think my 2012 feels more nibble / more solid then my 2011 did. Then this might just be because it is still very new ... just slightly over 500 miles now.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2011, 07:52 PM   #68
piloto
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 - AW/FR

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarddenso View Post

After I learnt how to do it myself and felt how much more comfortable it is, I try to do it whenever I can. Not to mention it sounds awesome, but I keep in mind to others that you may look a bit try hard!
Really, who cares what others think? I mean I'd understand if it was disturbing them somehow (i.e. loud exhaust), but to worry about them thinking I'm trying too hard? No way. Enjoy the car as best as you can without disrupting others.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2011, 09:33 PM   #69
767IJP
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3

Thanks for the input gents. Appreciate the time and energy. I'm gonna stick with the 6MT for sure.

I originally thought I'd messed up due to not test driving the car and reading these gripes. However I've noticed the DCT has it probs too I see.

I can't wait for the car.

BTW it's SSII, black Carbon interior, exec pack, M pack, Apps, 19 inch.... Not very flashy colors as I'm not a flashy guy but I think it's a real classy look.

I guess in the end I'm nearly as happy having started a thread and had not totally gotten my head ripped off. Thanks for bein gentle on the noob.

Merry Christmas and keep the right foot matted.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2011, 09:43 PM   #70
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studntloan View Post
The tranny is fine, just get used to it or a ssk
..UUC makes a decent one for the M3..I had theirs on my 335 and liked it...didnt shorten by ALOT..but def made shifts feel more crisp, positive, and mechanical.

Heard Rogue Engineering makes (or use to make) one for the e9x..not sure if they still do
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2011, 10:34 PM   #71
Eau Rouge
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
2012 BMW E92 M3  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-E93-11 View Post
Umm dude, you've never even owned an e9x m3 anytime, anywhere. So why are you asking me what it's like to "drive a car that's slower than an M3 equipped with an inferior transmission" when you've been living that reality since you joined back in '08?

My turn; how did it feel to get bitch-slapped with your own post, like that?
Classic douche comment.

Have we met sometime in the past? I think not.

Quote:
But since you asked, and it's Christmas: driving my '11 e93 feels great, because any time I see another m3 I realize I could have bought that instead...if I'd desired. Your question makes no sense when addressing an owner of the top dawg in the M3 world. Were you expecting me to to sigh and say, "aw man..I wish I could afford a 2012 coupe with the 6mt"? There is no envy amongst e93 owners for the e90/e92, that only goes the other way.
It's wonderful that you like your car. Enjoy! Please note, you have the "slowest dawg" of the E9x M3 models, but to each his own. Again I say "Enjoy!"

Quote:

And BTW, if you think your average 6mt forum member is capable of walking the "dog shyte" out of a DCT vert on the street, you're vastly over-estimating people's stick-shift skills and underestimating the DCT's performance, but I'm sure the imaginary m3 you're driving in your head, is also being driven by the "best driver on the Internet".
Another straw man... Nevermind them. You are talking to me. I have no doubts.

----
Quote:
New rule (Bill Maher style) - if you're going to try to flame me, please a) own the car in question b) contribute a post more than twenty words. I don't think that's too much to ask. Otherwise, I'm going to have to type left-handed only or something, cuz this is too easy.
There was no flaming, you just perceived as such, and you had no business trashing the OP's thread for which I called you out. Good day to you.
      12-25-2011, 11:42 PM   #72
tailgate1234
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by 767IJP View Post
New to forum, new to BMW. Just ordered 2012 E92 M3. Going with ED first week of May. Can't wait.

I have searched threads, and have to ask about the 6MT. I have seen a lot of griping about this tranny. I drove a 2002 Boxster S 6MT for 4 years and loved it.

I test drove the DCTand enjoyed it and was shocked at the responsiveness but I didn't find it to be as engaging. Nothing against it, just a preference. I did not test drive the 6MT, figured what could be wrong? Then I see all these people complaining about the shift/clutch feel.

How bad is this tranny? Are these complaints petty gripes or should I change the order to the DCT? I would only do so if this tranny was complete garbage.

Thanks in advance, sorry if this is a dupe thread. Can't wait for the car.

Just to clarify. 6MT is far and away first choice. I don't like the shifter, too long and will replace it with the OEM short shifter after second delivery.

Cheers, Merry Christmas.

Did you lease or buy? How long do you plan on keeping the car? If you own it and plan on keeping it for a long time, I think 6MT is the way to go. I shudder to think how much the DCT will cost to fix when out of warranty.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2011, 01:00 AM   #73
sarddenso
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by piloto View Post
Really, who cares what others think? I mean I'd understand if it was disturbing them somehow (i.e. loud exhaust), but to worry about them thinking I'm trying too hard? No way. Enjoy the car as best as you can without disrupting others.
Fair point. If they don't appreciate the beauty of a well executed downshift, then who cares!
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2011, 01:01 AM   #74
crabman
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_of_Persia View Post
Thanks for the reply. It definitely took me few months to learn how to do it properly. Now it is natural, I do it without even thinking about it.
Yeah, it is easy to forget though that you driving a performance car as a performance guy puts you into a fair small minority by itself. I did not learn in a performance car, I learned driving a diesel truck years ago when you would come to a dead stop before you could downshift without it. I went with the paddles for the M3 I just ordered BTW. It will be the first time I have had a car that wasn't a manual in almost two decades. It may be I'm making a mistake but I felt like a change and I'm hopeful that at least I wont hate it. O_o
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2011, 01:16 AM   #75
saeedg48
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991.1 GT3

the 6mt is garbage but the act is better paired with this motor. the engine is too fast for the 6mt in my opinion. you have to work so hard in the 6mt and at the end of the day the dct is more practical, smoother, and FASTER

2015 Porsche 991.1 GT3
2015 F80 M3 -- Individual; Space Grey
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2011, 02:00 AM   #76
Peahi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 CPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by saeedg48 View Post
the 6mt is garbage but the act is better paired with this motor. the engine is too fast for the 6mt in my opinion. you have to work so hard in the 6mt and at the end of the day the dct is more practical, smoother, and FASTER
Man, can you rephrase a bit and use complete sentences. Make USC proud. In all seriousness, please expand on your stream of consciousness.
      12-26-2011, 03:08 AM   #77
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 6MT E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman View Post
Yeah, it is easy to forget though that you driving a performance car as a performance guy puts you into a fair small minority by itself. I did not learn in a performance car, I learned driving a diesel truck years ago when you would come to a dead stop before you could downshift without it. I went with the paddles for the M3 I just ordered BTW. It will be the first time I have had a car that wasn't a manual in almost two decades. It may be I'm making a mistake but I felt like a change and I'm hopeful that at least I wont hate it. O_o
DCT is an amazing piece of technology, I am sure you will love it.

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Appreciate 0