BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

08-01-2011, 12:19 PM   #23
avalon652
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Soon to be 2024 X7 M60i

Yep...every experience so far has been different than the last! Went in on friday with a plate discrepancy and they cut me a check no questions asked!

Although called for BMW service this am and was transferred unsuccessfully three time...lol

Assuming I get connected at some point I will be scheduling my 1200 mile service for end of this week! I'll be sure to post again then...

(and thank god that 1200 will be over; 5 days till shift lights )

Last edited by avalon652; 08-01-2011 at 02:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2011, 10:03 AM   #24
avalon652
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

As I mentioned I brought my car in for its 1200 mile service Friday and here's what I saw:

- Promptly greeted around 7:20
- I think one of the reps mistook me for someone else as he started to check me in; then half way through asked my name...moved me over to a different rep after that (no big deal though; could happen to anyone)
- Checked in by 7:30am (also mentioned I was hearing a rattle from the back seat that had started after I put the seats down for the first time)
- Was promised the car by 1pm
- Received a ride down to my office a few minutes later
- Received a call at 12:30 saying I was all set and they had also fixed the rattle
- Picked the car up at 3:00pm but the rep was unavailable to chat as she was with another customer
- Everything pretty much looked fine and the rattle appears to be gone

Only downside to the day was on my way home I noticed they had driven 25 miles (marked that way on their documentation as week)! I don't know that I would have said anything but really….25 miles to find a rattle that you can hear as soon as you reach 30mph? Not the end of the world and they weren’t trying to hide it…but I would expect them to say something about why they had to drive the car that far…I know some people are super meticulous about tracking the miles but there isn’t really anything I could do anyways and the problem is fixed. Just seems odd to me to have to go so far!

Anyways, overall a pretty normal experience; nothing great, nothing horrible.

On a side note I spoke to my dad who is on the Mini side of the house and he mentioned he did not have a very good experience setting up a service appointment when he asked to do so more than two weeks in advance...but once again it's hearsay and I can really only speak for the service I have received which so far has been a pretty solid B/B+
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 12:16 AM   #25
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by avalon652 View Post
Only downside to the day was on my way home I noticed they had driven 25 miles (marked that way on their documentation as week)!
Well, it is an E92 M3 MT.

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 01:29 AM   #26
boynbeagle7
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG E92 M3

Smile

they drove my M3 25 miles too when I had the DCT reprogrammed - but the dealer in Salem did the same thing for the 1200 mile service, so I didn't worry about it too much. I still like the dealership.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 12:34 PM   #27
avalon652
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I guess 25 is the magic number then!
Appreciate 0