BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

08-03-2011, 07:06 PM   #23
Mace
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E93 M3

Call the local DMV and Police Department and ask for a list of complaints and incidents about that curve. If necessary, you could file a FOIA request or let your insurance company do that. Give all the info to your insurance company and have them go after the state/city to cover the cost including your deductable. It would be helpful if you had a police report to document what happened and their investigation but it appears you didn't. You can probably still get satisfaction if there are sufficient complaints/incidents at that location. At the very least it might force the state/city to fix the problem so someone doesn't get killed.
      08-03-2011, 07:34 PM   #24
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
Oh man, that's awful. I would be so upset.

I had a previous car repaired at an excellent body shop, and it ran and felt like new afterwards. It was incredible what they were able to do.
      08-03-2011, 10:42 PM   #25
e92m3allday
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peahi View Post
You car is my dream car man! I recently ordered mine and your pics were total inspiration for setting up my wheels.

Ugh, this is horrible horrible news and I'm sure words can't describe how you feel.

Best wishes through this whole ordeal.

Hopefully your GPS didn't direct you into that wrong turn.
Thank you man I appreciate it. It is a horrible feeling. Every time I want to go eat, or go to my girlfriends house, etc. I hesitate and say SHIT

And no, my GPS was not on. I am familiar with the area but not thoroughly and I also know my way home from there. But maybe it is a smart idea to keep it on all the time from now on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace View Post
Call the local DMV and Police Department and ask for a list of complaints and incidents about that curve. If necessary, you could file a FOIA request or let your insurance company do that. Give all the info to your insurance company and have them go after the state/city to cover the cost including your deductable. It would be helpful if you had a police report to document what happened and their investigation but it appears you didn't. You can probably still get satisfaction if there are sufficient complaints/incidents at that location. At the very least it might force the state/city to fix the problem so someone doesn't get killed.
Yea, that is definitely something I am going to do. Thank god I am okay. At least the handling of my M helped me get through most the turn so I wasn't heading towards the poles. Somebody could die very easily and I will complain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
Oh man, that's awful. I would be so upset.

I had a previous car repaired at an excellent body shop, and it ran and felt like new afterwards. It was incredible what they were able to do.
Yea, its very upsetting.

Can't wait till I get it back, hopefully good like new.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2011, 10:44 PM   #26
JoLo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ///2011.5 ///E90 ///AW ///ZCP

That turn almost got me last month.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2011, 11:09 PM   #27
Raz335
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Convertible

Sorry to hear man. I was in Jersey for the first time in a while last week and won't be going back unless I have to. Whoever designed the road system there must have been smokin some good stuff.

Jerez Black/Fox E93 M3 - Prem 2/Cold/Conv/DCT/EDC/19's/Ext Lthr/Crbn Trim/Enhanced Sound/Sat
Mods- 20" BBS LM's DBK/Challenge Catback/Eibachs/Trim wrapped black/Lux Angel eyes/35% Tint
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2011, 12:35 AM   #28
CCLSVTM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Interlagos blue E90 M3

Sorry to hear man... It breaks the heart....

Appreciate 0
      08-07-2011, 07:36 AM   #29
///Matthew
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3, 1999 M3

Certainly wasn't expecting to see an on ramp that I take weekly when I clicked on this thread... Good luck with your repairs.

2013 Santorini Blue M3
1999 Estoril Blue M3
mfatuation.com
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2011, 03:55 PM   #30
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz335 View Post
Sorry to hear man. I was in Jersey for the first time in a while last week and won't be going back unless I have to. Whoever designed the road system there must have been smokin some good stuff.

Same here, especially at nite!