BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

Yesterday, 01:27 PM   #1145
dfox
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E88 135i 6MT

well, silly season is in full swing already. fun times ahead.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60060.50
      Yesterday, 01:29 PM   #1146
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
BBC
Exactly KbD, I believe your expression is MEH
Appreciate 2
      Yesterday, 01:32 PM   #1147
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Click bait has made 90% of the web useless
BBc and the others are desperate for anything for paper sales, does anyone really think this complaining bird will down RBR
Appreciate 2
      Yesterday, 02:16 PM   #1148
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
BBc and the others are desperate for anything for paper sales, does anyone really think this complaining bird will down RBR
The personal assistant won't go down F1 history books as the one who sunk the RBR boat. That questionable honor will be reserved for Christian Dishonor.
      Yesterday, 02:47 PM   #1149
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
The personal assistant won't go down F1 history books as the one who sunk the RBR boat. That questionable honor will be reserved for Christian Dishonor.
CH was cleared of wrong doing, I wonder who's sponsoring the womans new legal team, maybe someone known to Wolff
Appreciate 2
      Yesterday, 03:34 PM   #1150
Artemis
Rep

"Mark Hughes: Newey's Red Bull decision is purely personal"
Apr 26, 2024 - Mark Hughes - The Race
https://www.the-race.com/formula-1/m...rely-personal/
"It’s not as if Newey would be departing because of a general malaise within the team, either; this is very much a personal issue based around the Christian Horner controversy regarding the employee who served as PA to both Horner and Newey.
(...) everything we are hearing says that his apparent wish to leave Red Bull is based upon his personal position regarding the Horner case. Not so much what other opportunities there may be."

Quote:
CH was cleared of wrong doing, I wonder who's sponsoring the womans new legal team, maybe someone known to Wolff
If you were a good friend of mine and you did something capable of breaking my trust, some internal investigation by someone who was hired (no court of law) and who vanished off radar immediately after remitting his report, risks not to be sufficient to preserve our friendship.

It's about integrity. As the saying goes, try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.

Quote:
Red Bull may have given Icarus Horner wings, but apparently both forgot what the sun can do to beeswax.

The RBR employee doesn't have the power, position, money and network that Horner has. It's all too easy to call her names and to blame her. I don't know her personally, but the 'transparency' by Horner and RB/RBR being limited to merely a "trust us, we checked" pacifier, justifies proper protection and sympathy for her cause. As someone said: supporting the truth, even when it is unpopular, shows the capacity for honesty and integrity.

Quote:
If business interests matter more than some valuable principles such as integrity and respect, decision-making can get flawed (it shouldn't, but, hey, welcome to the real world), resulting into the possibility that 'powers that be' could turn a blind eye on an inconvenient truth, sacrificing a pawn instead of a more 'valuable' chess piece. However, a chess player is deemed to know that when a pawn reaches the opposite side of the chessboard, it has the unique ability to promote to another chess piece: the pawn can become a Queen, Bishop, Rook or Knight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g21 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3798j View Post
I've read CH's comments about being cleared by the investigation, but I haven't seen any denial by him on the legitimacy of the file drop...so his questionable requests and comments to her are probably true.
the silence is deafening
"In a room where people unanimously maintain a conspiracy of silence, one word of truth sounds like a pistol shot." (Czesław Miłosz)
Quote:
FWIW - someone at PistonHeads read the controversial 19-page write up on the Horner matter in the equally controversial BusinessF1 Magazine.

In the meantime the editor has received correspondence from Horner's legal representation alleging that the reporting has been unlawful and defamatory, stating that the article does serious harm to Horner's reputation. The article is also alleged to have breached privacy laws, and they have demanded that the article should be taken offline and no longer printed in hard copies.

Yesterday, 04:03 PM   #1151
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
"Mark Hughes: Newey's Red Bull decision is purely personal"
Apr 26, 2024 - Mark Hughes - The Race
https://www.the-race.com/formula-1/m...rely-personal/
"It’s not as if Newey would be departing because of a general malaise within the team, either; this is very much a personal issue based around the Christian Horner controversy regarding the employee who served as PA to both Horner and Newey.
(...) everything we are hearing says that his apparent wish to leave Red Bull is based upon his personal position regarding the Horner case. Not so much what other opportunities there may be."

If you were a good friend of mine and you did something capable of breaking my trust, some internal investigation by someone who was hired (no court of law) and who vanished off radar immediately after remitting his report, risks not to be sufficient to preserve our friendship.

It's about integrity. As the saying goes, try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.
If it is siding towards that, perhaps a lie detector test for the woman and CH, like they do in America.
Appreciate 1
      Yesterday, 04:13 PM   #1152
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

More is likely going to come out at Miami, Newey if he wants to go then they can’t keep him, contract or not. Also the year long garden leave is quite hard to enforce, any team that wants him is going to negotiate something and Newey will likely want to leave on good terms, maybe to finish the road car at least.

Drivers, well it seems Newey might be the catalyst for some of the change not any driver moves. He hasn’t wanted to go to Ferrari before, maybe now to team up with Hamilton or stay in the UK and go to Merc, personally don’t see Aston as an option he won’t like Strolls approach to management I suspect.

Going to be a fun few weeks off track that’s for certain.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 05:00 PM   #1153
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB1 View Post
More is likely going to come out at Miami, Newey if he wants to go then they can’t keep him, contract or not. Also the year long garden leave is quite hard to enforce, any team that wants him is going to negotiate something and Newey will likely want to leave on good terms, maybe to finish the road car at least.
Drivers, well it seems Newey might be the catalyst for some of the change not any driver moves. He hasn’t wanted to go to Ferrari before, maybe now to team up with Hamilton or stay in the UK and go to Merc, personally don’t see Aston as an option he won’t like Strolls approach to management I suspect.
Going to be a fun few weeks off track that’s for certain.
Apart from Verstappen, Vermeulen, Wolff, Källenius and Ratcliffe, also Jos Verstappen is told to attend the rumored crucial meeting to be held someday during the first half of next month (between the Miami GP and the Imola GP).

A long-term contract, the highest ever annual salary package (up to 150 million, is whispered), brand ambassador for Mercedes, Helmut Marko acceptable as consultant, some high-level RBR engineers acceptable to come over too, etc. If true, then it seems that 'the powers that be' at Mercedes are very determined to get Max on their side, and by doing so, to weaken RBR both on-track and off-track.

Let's wait and see if a Max-Merc move truly materializes.

Yesterday, 05:07 PM   #1154
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

I can't wait for Newey to retire and write an autobiography..

Talk about a must read
Appreciate 3
F32Fleet3571.50
M5Rick60060.50
      Yesterday, 05:40 PM   #1155
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:

Talk about a must read
He should retire soon, his wife may be asking how long he plans to go on for and does he really want to go elsewhere away from blighty, I can't see it happening. Some actors go on working until they drop but it's in their blood and they'd go slowly mad if they stopped.
Appreciate 2
      Yesterday, 05:43 PM   #1156
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
He should retire soon, his wife may be asking how long he plans to go on for and does he really want to go elsewhere away from blighty, I can't see it happening. Some actors go on working until they drop but it's in their blood and they'd go slowly mad if they stopped.
But he does still look very young and vibrant for his age.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60060.50
      Yesterday, 05:55 PM   #1157
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
But he does still look very young and vibrant for his age.
True and he may well prove me wrong though the high pressure of F1 can even get to someone who looks resilient on the outside, heart attacks and brain hemorrhage will be a worry the longer when older.
I'd say go while at the top especially with the unknown '26 light hole looming bigger.
Appreciate 2
      Yesterday, 07:54 PM   #1158
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:

Talk about a must read
Absolutely

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60060.50
      Today, 02:22 AM   #1159
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
You think Lawrence will drop Lance?
Lawrence Stroll wanted his son to be an F1 driver, WDC if possible. But despite getting the best race preparation and ressources fathomable throughout his life, Lance keeps meeting his talent limits, getting outperformed time and time again. Seems like he aspires to quit - it's just his father who keeps chasing a dream.

Now the royally paid Alonso has just sugarcoated the Lance situation to make Lawrence a happy man. No secret that Alonso is a sly fox and a smart business man:
"Alonso explains why ‘sensitive’ Stroll is key to Aston Martin’s success"
25 April 2024
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...O2nnFI4TrXxP7C

Last year, rumors circled that Lance's mother Claire-Anne Stroll (Belgian - divorced from Lawrence Stroll) wants him to quit F1 as his string of accidents got her worried.
https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/10...wrence-stroll/
      Today, 02:43 AM   #1160
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfox View Post
well, silly season is in full swing already. fun times ahead.
A couple of weeks ago, Dutch former F1 driver Robert Doornbos told that, based on info from a reliable source, this Spring will be interesting. Quite likely he has Jos Verstappen's phone number, methinks.
Quote:
Earlier this week Dutch former F1 driver Robert Doornbos claimed to have heard a couple of scoops from a reliable source ("my trusty little bird"):
  • Verstappen is already having talks with Mercedes, purely to see one-on-one what the feeling is for the future;
  • Verstappen has had an open conversation with Helmut Marko explaining that he will also sound out now what is possible with the competition;
  • behind closed doors down at RBR there is still a lot going on - more to come this month;
  • Adrian Newey is bothered by the Horner complaint controversy and will not extend his RBR contract (ending at the end of the 2025 season);
  • after the Suzuka race, Perez (P2) asked RBR for a 3-year contract extension; but according to Doornbos Marko does not favor a long-term contract for Perez.
Source (Dutch):
https://www.f1maximaal.nl/opinie/doo...rko-weet-ervan
https://www.f1maximaal.nl/formule-1/...-contract-niet
      Today, 03:56 AM   #1161
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
A couple of weeks ago, Dutch former F1 driver Robert Doornbos told that, based on info from a reliable source, this Spring will be interesting. Quite likely he has Jos Verstappen's phone number, methinks.
Just more speculation from Doornbos, fans in GB used to call him Doorknobs when he was in F1
Appreciate 0
      Today, 04:06 AM   #1162
M5Rick
General
Rep

...he was quicker than Albers though.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 04:08 AM   #1163
Sneaky Pete
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M car

Quote:
A long-term contract, the highest ever annual salary package (up to 150 million, is whispered), brand ambassador for Mercedes, Helmut Marko acceptable as consultant, some high-level RBR engineers acceptable to come over too, etc. If true, then it seems that 'the powers that be' at Mercedes are very determined to get Max on their side, and by doing so, to weaken RBR both on-track and off-track.
Given that a number of high level RB engineering staff were poached from Mercedes, I wonder if they are still on Wolff's christmas card list.
Appreciate 0