BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

09-17-2014, 09:39 PM   #1
loveskiing
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E90

PDX Lurker Needs Assistance

OK...long time lurker been salivating too long as I watch all these M3's roll down the road...time to get one now...need help to find her...
I've boiled it down to wanting a 2011 E90 M3 DCT that's either Silverstone Silver or Space Gray...want the usual packages that most others want like Comp, Tech, Convenience, Premium and CW...enhanced sound...etc...
Mods that are more sleeper than obvious are fine...don't need to make 600hp and take it out to PIR...those days are over <G>
I'd really like to find this car in the Pacific NW since our weather is not as extreme as other parts of the country and our drivers are not as aggressive...(see NY, LA, etc) and yes I know that Cali has more people and more cars...
If you have this car and am thinking of helping a long time suffering guy out, or you know where this car is hiding, I'd really appreciate a PM...just think of all the extra sleep you'll get tonight knowing you helped me cross off a bucket list item
Thanks for your time!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2014, 02:23 PM   #2
mtfinger
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I don't have any leads, but have you thought about having one shipped in?

About 1 1/2 years ago, when I was looking I seemed to always find the perfect car, but it was too far away. I looking into shipping and it was a lot cheaper than I thought.

For example, a E92 shipped (covered) from Alabama was around $1000 to Seattle.
(I didn't shop around on shipping too much, so you may be able to get even cheaper)

I ended up buying new here in Seattle, so I don't know about service, issues, etc.

Of course with this approach you either have to have someone else check out the car, buy it sight unseen, or fly out to check it out.

Again, I ended up not doing this, but thought I would bring it up as it was way cheaper than I thought.

Last edited by mtfinger; 09-18-2014 at 02:28 PM..
Appreciate 1
      09-20-2014, 04:26 PM   #3
loveskiing
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoM3Yet View Post
I don't have any leads, but have you thought about having one shipped in?

About 1 1/2 years ago, when I was looking I seemed to always find the perfect car, but it was too far away. I looking into shipping and it was a lot cheaper than I thought.

For example, a E92 shipped (covered) from Alabama was around $1000 to Seattle.
(I didn't shop around on shipping too much, so you may be able to get even cheaper)

I ended up buying new here in Seattle, so I don't know about service, issues, etc.

Of course with this approach you either have to have someone else check out the car, buy it sight unseen, or fly out to check it out.

Again, I ended up not doing this, but thought I would bring it up as it was way cheaper than I thought.
Thanks for the suggestion...I'm more than open to finding the car wherever it is...whether that's here in the NW or ???
As you suggested, if I found one hundreds/thousands of miles away, I'd first have a PPI and then depending on what they found would either fly out and drive it back or have it shipped.
Seems I just missed one that met my specs locally for a good price with really low miles so I know that they're out there!
If anyone sees a nice 2011 E90 in silver or gray, LMK and thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2014, 04:44 PM   #4
tinman831
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Another thing to add is many prefer southern cars to Northern because there's less chance that the car has been exposed to salt during the winters.
Appreciate 0