BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

07-07-2014, 10:24 PM   #1
Saandiaago
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3 ZCP DCT

What an experience!

Took my wife on a drive from San Diego to the little town of Julian in the mountains near San Diego. Got a chance to really appreciate the handling of my M3. Let the S65 rip a little on a few safe stretches. This car is just so incredible. I seriously did not appreciate how much fun driving could be until the M. The whole experience - acceleration, braking, up shifts and rev matched DCT downshifts, the precise steering and stability of the suspension through curves, and the sound of this engine are just wonderful. I seriously just want to get out there and drive once in a while whereas before my car was only for getting from one point to the next. Love this car! And my wife of course too!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2014, 02:43 AM   #2
anom3
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 335ix

in the many years i have been driving, the m3 is the only car where i seriously look forward to going for a drive. every time.

its gotten to the point where i tend to accept my girlfriends whacky 300-400km drive ideas just so i can enjoy the shit out of the car.

glad you are in the same boat! enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2014, 05:16 AM   #3
yoelev
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

20,000 miles and the joy has increased for me. That has never happened before. This is the car we will tell our grandchildren about. I believe it represents the top.
      07-08-2014, 10:37 AM   #4
sello
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3

Love my m3!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2014, 11:16 AM   #5
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saandiaago View Post
Took my wife on a drive from San Diego to the little town of Julian in the mountains near San Diego. Got a chance to really appreciate the handling of my M3. Let the S65 rip a little on a few safe stretches. This car is just so incredible. I seriously did not appreciate how much fun driving could be until the M. The whole experience - acceleration, braking, up shifts and rev matched DCT downshifts, the precise steering and stability of the suspension through curves, and the sound of this engine are just wonderful. I seriously just want to get out there and drive once in a while whereas before my car was only for getting from one point to the next. Love this car! And my wife of course too!
Hit up Palomoar mountain next time, you'll love it.

Unless you took palomar to get to Julian in which case awesome.

Did you get some pies?
      07-08-2014, 11:47 AM   #6
1sikbmr
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 6MT

This car gets better over time. The more you drive it the bigger the smile on your face.

F80 ///M3 6MT Avus Blue ZCP
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2014, 12:02 PM   #7
nickdrivesm3
Motorsport Product Genius
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs...duh

Quote:
Join the BMW Car Club of America and join us on our next rally on Sunday August 3rd.

www.bmwcca.org

www.sdbmwcca.com
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2014, 07:36 PM   #8
Saandiaago
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post

Did you get some pies?
Definitely. Got a whole pie for later and some slices up there. Delicious as always.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2014, 07:36 PM   #9
Saandiaago
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdrivesm3 View Post
Join the BMW Car Club of America and join us on our next rally on Sunday August 3rd.

www.bmwcca.org

www.sdbmwcca.com
Thanks for the info! I will check it out.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2014, 08:56 PM   #10
Rambler
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 996 Turbo; G80 M3; FJ80 LC

This feeling is boosted for me after hitting the M button after an extended period of not using it. It's like the outside world closes in and the car's symbiotic forces temporarily connect with you allowing you to control the car by thought. Kind of like the tail/dongle like thingy on the Avatar horses. You don't choose this car, it chooses you.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 12:36 AM   #11
MikeD
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 6MT

Quote:
Yes sir! That's what driving a sports car is all about. If you can get away from the daily monotony of the daily grind and you'll fall in love again.

I'm talking about the car and wife
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2014, 09:40 PM   #12
coloradoe92m3
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3

80k plus and still excited to get in 3 years later
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2014, 09:42 PM   #13
iron_man
do you even lift?
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition

I put 24k miles on my car last year(i have 33k total)... and i enjoyed every single one of them. If you can ever track it I highly advise it, you will fall in love with it all over again.
      07-11-2014, 09:46 PM   #14
8k3
Banned
Rep
Drives: Car

After adding a VF kit and KWs I really don't want anything else, the car is awesome
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2014, 01:20 AM   #15
jc05e46m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F90 M5 Comp

Quote:
This is great! I am in SD as well and have done the same. Definitely do the Palomar Mountain ride as well. Coming down Palomar and pushing hard is spectacular. Just be careful. When I went, I was on track wheels and tires so I knew I would have no issues. Hit me up on PM if you want to get together sometime, too. I sold my E92, but my F82 comes in about 3 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post

Did you get some pies?
THIS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdrivesm3 View Post

www.bmwcca.org

www.sdbmwcca.com
Quote:
Thanks for the info! I will check it out.
I'm hoping my car gets in before the 3rd for that specific reason. I won't be pushing it since I'll be in break-in, but Ill still make the drive if it does in fact get here.
'15 /// M4 - YMB/SO - Sold
'12 E92 ///M3 ZCP - AW/FR - Sold
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2014, 01:31 AM   #16
foam
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW

I've owned this car for almost a year and every time I get in it, it always gives me a smile. This car has something special.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2014, 05:16 AM   #17
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8k3 View Post
After adding a VF kit and KWs I really don't want anything else, the car is awesome
Yes, but if you do that, you will need bigger wheels/tires for sure, a BBK is advisable, as well as a freer flowing exhaust. If you still want the car to feel as balanced and precise as it does now, you will have to do a whole lot of mods.

I am modding the hell out of my Audi S6, but except for a few cosmetic changes and M performance exhaust, my M3 is essentially stock. Just no reason to mess with it. I have never had a car that is so close to perfect right out of the box.
      07-12-2014, 06:37 PM   #18
8k3
Banned
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarThaL View Post
Yes, but if you do that, you will need bigger wheels/tires for sure, a BBK is advisable, as well as a freer flowing exhaust. If you still want the car to feel as balanced and precise as it does now, you will have to do a whole lot of mods.

I am modding the hell out of my Audi S6, but except for a few cosmetic changes and M performance exhaust, my M3 is essentially stock. Just no reason to mess with it. I have never had a car that is so close to perfect right out of the box.
I do have an exhaust, most folks supercharged or not go that route. Brakes, hmm, if you don't track, SS lines, Motul fluid, and pads on the stock setup ar remarkably capable. But I very much respect keeping the car stock, it's damn awesome and balanced as is too
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2014, 10:42 PM   #19
SDPRT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 Space Gray/MT

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 e92  [0.00]
So many SD people but no one hangs out. Too cool I assume or too busy to bother.
      07-13-2014, 10:48 PM   #20
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoelev View Post
20,000 miles and the joy has increased for me. That has never happened before. This is the car we will tell our grandchildren about. I believe it represents the top.

No offense, but

You haven't driven enough cars.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2014, 10:57 PM   #21
SpacegrayMe90
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 e90M3

I love mines too. Three months of ownership so far and the cold star still has me smiling. My wife caught me whispering sweet nothing to the steering wheel after having an amazing drive through the twisties. Needless to say she thought I was crazy. Yes, crazy in love with this car.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2014, 11:47 PM   #22
Saandiaago
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc05e46m3 View Post
This is great! I am in SD as well and have done the same. Definitely do the Palomar Mountain ride as well. Coming down Palomar and pushing hard is spectacular. Just be careful. When I went, I was on track wheels and tires so I knew I would have no issues. Hit me up on PM if you want to get together sometime, too. I sold my E92, but my F82 comes in about 3 weeks.

THIS.

I'm hoping my car gets in before the 3rd for that specific reason. I won't be pushing it since I'll be in break-in, but Ill still make the drive if it does in fact get here.
Definitely down to go for a drive with some SD people. Maybe we can all coordinate something. Always busy between work, kids and wife but a possibility for sure and would be fun. Would love to see the F82 in action and meet some other E9X owners.
Appreciate 0