BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

10-18-2010, 11:10 PM   #1
ace330i
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 330i 6spd, e92 m3 zcp 6spd

Garage List
Exclamation Arkym or Vorsteiner

I've been on the fence about these two brands, and cant decide,
Arkym Vorsteiner
front lip front lip
rear diff. type 2 diff
trunk spoiler trunk spoiler
(all single side)

how are the fitment, finish, and overall quality?, and which brand is better, i just got into my m3 so i dont really which brand is better or worse, ive searched but cant seem to find an honest answer, the arkym guys say arkym, and the vrs owners say vrs, PLEASE HELPPP!!!!! im lost....
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2010, 11:21 PM   #2
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M5 comp/Range/i3S

I was in same shoes as you.

My 2 cents:

My arkym front lip and rear diffusor have 100% PERFECT FITMENT.

I love how the front lip looks, and boy oh boy the rear diffusor is so hot and agressive!!!!! The rear diffusor is just something im in love with lol

QUALITY IS TOP NOTCH... and prices are very reasonable, i believe like 1400 for front and rear cf diffusor/lip.

Talk tom eric@pyspeed , hell take care of you

BTw this is from someone who owned V stuff on his 335 and e46 m, so this is an honest answer

Last edited by 1cleanm6; 10-18-2010 at 11:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2010, 11:27 PM   #3
SV Concepts II
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace330i View Post
I've been on the fence about these two brands, and cant decide,
Arkym Vorsteiner
front lip front lip
rear diff. type 2 diff
trunk spoiler trunk spoiler
(all single side)

how are the fitment, finish, and overall quality?, and which brand is better, i just got into my m3 so i dont really which brand is better or worse, ive searched but cant seem to find an honest answer, the arkym guys say arkym, and the vrs owners say vrs, PLEASE HELPPP!!!!! im lost....
Can't beat authentic VRS Dry autoclave formed CF.

We guarantee the fitment or your money back 100%, including shipping/labor costs.

We actually have one in stock. Let me know if you need help with a price.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2010, 11:51 PM   #4
ace330i
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Thanks guys for the input, keep em coming...
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2010, 12:21 AM   #5
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M5 comp/Range/i3S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal@Jlevi SW View Post
Can't beat authentic VRS Dry autoclave formed CF.

We guarantee the fitment or your money back 100%, including shipping/labor costs.

We actually have one in stock. Let me know if you need help with a price.
here we go again....

do you only back up stuff you sell or what?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2010, 12:29 AM   #6
ace330i
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
yah thats what i wanna know, every vendor keeps saying their product is the best?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2010, 12:46 AM   #7
rzm3
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

The design and fitment of either is pretty nice, as far as I know.

But just FYI before you spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars, many of the CF parts on the aftermarket are just glass fiber backing with carbon fiber overlay. Not quite the so-called 100% carbon fiber as many have claimed.

Well, in reality there is no such thing as 100% carbon fiber anyway because you always need a matrix material (i.e. epoxy) to reinforce the carbon fiber cloth. Otherwise you are just left with a piece of cloth, literally

Again, not in anyway discouraging you from buying any products. I am simply providing you with some information.

Pictures are worth a thousand words...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-19-2010, 04:55 AM   #8
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Kind of in the same boat... Looking for a good choice for a rear diffuser. Checked out the Challenge and the Vorsteiner ones, but a little hesitant on spending $1k+ on something like that...
      10-19-2010, 08:27 AM   #9
GSXRM3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E92 M3

I was on the fence between the Vorsteiner and Challenge stuff myself. I ended up going with Vorsteiner because I like the look just a little more. Everything I've heard was that the Challenge stuff has better quality and fitment so I was a bit apprehensive on the Vorsteiner but was pleasantly surprised once I got the pieces installed.

I do like the Arkym diffuser a lot though.

Appreciate 0
      10-19-2010, 07:58 PM   #10
M3_LIN
LM-R Whore.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 White M3 Sedan

Arkym FTW. Love their stuff! Quality from what i've seen is great and fit is great.

Looking forward to their E90 stuff!

Ed Lin

09AWE90M: Light headlight tint, Full front end clear bra wrap(Harris@InstyleGraphics), Ceramic tint(40%), Piaa GTX H3 bulb, HID 8k AE, 6k Low, INT Luxer1 lights, RD springs, LMR 20X9 +8, 20X10 +18 (Dave @ Status), Vertice CF hood Ducts(Dat @ VertexUSA), Tecnocraft FULL Envy Intake system+plenum(KEVLAR)+cabin filter covers, Meister GTC exhaust, Arkym F LIP.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2010, 09:28 PM   #11
ace330i
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I actually went and looked at a challenge lip on a white m3 and having a body shop myself, i know a little bit about fitment, all i can say is that fitment was garbage, although it looks gorgeous from far, up close that was truly not fitting well, everything about it was off it didnt sit flush, and didnt follow the line of the bumper, i have an e90 also with some acs mods, and oem rear, the fitment of the challenge was nowhere near those two, i think i will either go with oem or acs, because that really scared me.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 10:08 AM   #12
GTM_Challenge
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E90 M3

Quote:
I actually went and looked at a challenge lip on a white m3 and having a body shop myself, i know a little bit about fitment, all i can say is that fitment was garbage, although it looks gorgeous from far, up close that was truly not fitting well, everything about it was off it didnt sit flush, and didnt follow the line of the bumper, i have an e90 also with some acs mods, and oem rear, the fitment of the challenge was nowhere near those two, i think i will either go with oem or acs, because that really scared me.
Hopefully this customer will contact us at Challenge or the dealer they purchased from if there is some fitment issue. We have NEVER had any fitment issue to date on any lip. Infact, every dealer to install the lip on th eM3 has commented to us that it fit better than any other lip they have installed. I ask our dealers for very honest feedback to make sure nothing slips through the cracks.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2010, 06:49 PM   #13
panbo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rldzhao View Post

But just FYI before you spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars, many of the CF parts on the aftermarket are just glass fiber backing with carbon fiber overlay. Not quite the so-called 100% carbon fiber as many have claimed.

Well, in reality there is no such thing as 100% carbon fiber anyway because you always need a matrix material (i.e. epoxy) to reinforce the carbon fiber cloth. Otherwise you are just left with a piece of cloth, literally
+1..
my authentic 3D splitter was cf overlay on top of fiber glass...
I saw same thing with rldzhao's picture when mine got broken in half.
I give credit to companies whom designed it but quality wise... I just dont get
the difference between authentic and knockoffs....
      10-21-2010, 03:53 PM   #14
M3 996
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92

Quote:
Based on your avatar, you obviously have no bias towards ACS...
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2010, 06:38 PM   #15
werly
First Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2011 MR E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRM3 View Post
I was on the fence between the Vorsteiner and Challenge stuff myself. I ended up going with Vorsteiner because I like the look just a little more. Everything I've heard was that the Challenge stuff has better quality and fitment so I was a bit apprehensive on the Vorsteiner but was pleasantly surprised once I got the pieces installed.

I do like the Arkym diffuser a lot though.

Dude, I saw your car got installed last week @ Rennspec. Excellent choice of mod I have to say. I went back on Monday to get my exhuast done. I will probably get Vorsteiner also

How do you like your Akra full sys?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2010, 03:13 PM   #16
GSXRM3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by werly View Post
Dude, I saw your car got installed last week @ Rennspec. Excellent choice of mod I have to say. I went back on Monday to get my exhuast done. I will probably get Vorsteiner also

How do you like your Akra full sys?
Hey man, yeah I remember seeing you pull in when we were walking to get something to eat. Love the color of your car.

The akra system is amazing so far. I love the sound of it much better than the stock exhaust. Get a lot more looks now too with everything on the car.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 09:11 AM   #17
bbob
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 e90 328i, 2011 e92 m3

not to make things any more complicated than it already is, but have you checked out 3F lip and rear diffusers??? those things are SICK!! ive seen them in person and they're also really outstanding and fitment seemed perfect!
i'm thinking about modding my car with some 3F cf parts later, so i can't provide personal experience, but from the cars that i've seen them on, it looks like it fits perfectly and it adds an aggressive touch ;p
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 02:15 PM   #18
Doctor J
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 E93 M3 DCT

Arkym fits pretty good. I was hoping for a higher gloss on the clear coat -- but for the money it looks satisfactory to me.

Front lip transforms the car -- definitely recommended!

P1020377 by Doctor J, on Flickr

Last edited by Doctor J; 10-28-2010 at 02:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2010, 10:10 PM   #19
bbob
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 e90 328i, 2011 e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor J View Post
Arkym fits pretty good. I was hoping for a higher gloss on the clear coat -- but for the money it looks satisfactory to me.

Front lip transforms the car -- definitely recommended!

P1020377 by Doctor J, on Flickr
wow, nice ride!! now, im stuck between arkym and 3f. the thing about vorsteiner is that it's kinda too common... like ive seen alot of cars with vorsteiner parts. heck, my friend just got a vorsteiner front lip and type 2 diffuser, and it looks fantastic... but its everywhere, if u know what i mean... (also, that's why i don't like vmr v710 or anything of that type, but thats another long story...)
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2010, 12:16 AM   #20
skoot3r
BMW n00b
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 M3/ 2013 GMC 2500hd

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTM_Challenge View Post
Hopefully this customer will contact us at Challenge or the dealer they purchased from if there is some fitment issue. We have NEVER had any fitment issue to date on any lip. Infact, every dealer to install the lip on th eM3 has commented to us that it fit better than any other lip they have installed. I ask our dealers for very honest feedback to make sure nothing slips through the cracks.
I wouldn't say that you NEVER had any fitment issues. It's that people who bought the product and had fitment issues didn't post pictures of the fitment but directly contacted you guys to remedy the problem. Not trying to troll or anything since a lot of your products look great and build quality is top notch but saying never is a big statement to claim.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2010, 12:14 AM   #21
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

i chose the Akrym for that reason. i was painting to match so i cared most about the fitment over the finish bc we were paiting it anyway. my body shop def liked the akrym fitment the best out of the 3 or 4 i brought in there to check out.

the Akrym is not as known which for me i like that bc then i have something different on my car and not what everyone else has. so for me it was a win win and i am 100% happy with the Akrym stuff

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2010, 03:49 AM   #22
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

challenge > both

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0