BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

Mporium BMW

08-15-2011, 06:59 PM   #67
kasimmmmm
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M

ask the dealership to ship... haha yeah that is what I was saying. LMAO You guys are so excited about your experience and details you know to the point you 2 have a preconceived notion about everything. I'll join others and not bother =)
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2011, 07:14 PM   #68
bunnn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: like a grandma

I have a friend who's tried to purchase a new '12 GTR from the States because of the price differential. His search came to an end when he found out a new car must not only be registered to a valid US address, but the purchaser must also have a proof of residence. It was further complicated by the fact that Nissan Canada will deny the warranty if he cannot have the car legally registered for at least 6 months in the US, before he imports it back to Canada. Now, this might be different for BMW, but it's definitely true for some manufacturers. This seems to coincide with what the other 2 have suggested - you can't import a brand new car into Canada, not easily anyways.
      08-15-2011, 07:31 PM   #69
kasimmmmm
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M

There are companies that will import brand new cars... LP auto in vancouver and there are many more! Anything is possible. Money talks.

Last edited by kasimmmmm; 08-15-2011 at 08:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2011, 08:05 PM   #70
bunnn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: like a grandma

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasimmmmm View Post
There are companies that will import brand new cars... LP auto in vancouver and there are many more! Anything is possible. Money talks.
Absolutely true, but that would defeat the purpose of buying in the States, right?
      08-15-2011, 08:08 PM   #71
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnn View Post
Absolutely true, but that would defeat the purpose of buying in the States, right?
You took the words right out of my mouth.
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2011, 10:17 PM   #72
Meff
smiling amid the chaos...
Rep
Drives: Erratically

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasimmmmm View Post
There are a few mfgs (not many) that allow importation of new vehicles from the US to Canada, but we are and always were referring to a new US M3, which you can't purchase as a non US resident.

You are painfully stupid and misinformed - nice combo, good luck in life.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2011, 07:26 PM   #73
okla7788
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 Melbourne Red E93

i too was just going thru this. In Toronto, $54K for 72K km 2008 POC M3 DCT coupe from dealer before negotiation. If you spend some time in this forum, there are much better deals to be found. I am sure there are savings getting US cars but for those faint of heart, few grand here and there may not be worthwhile.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2011, 10:01 PM   #74
airwave808
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

I find this thread interesting because folks on both sides of the spectrum have interesting comments. At the end of the day, we should be happy that BMW sells the car here in the first place as more than 50% of the countries in the world, you can't even get one unless one pays more than double, triple the amount paid in US or Canada. I think I will take the fact that I am living in a country if not with the lowest price but definitely second or third lowest. For example, a used E90 M3 excluding govt. charges is listed for $160,000 ($170,000 CAD). You can imagine what the new pricing would be.

On the other hand, if you find a used M3 in the U.S. with specs. you are looking for then go for it. I can vouch for the fact that custom and overall import process is easy as I moved to Canada from U.S. last year and imported two cars and didn't have an problem selling my E46.

it is a win-win for everyone, just depends what you're looking for...
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2011, 07:14 PM   #75
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
I really want to thank those who have imported for sharing their experiences. This is one of the most useful threads I've read!

In particular, thanks GMW, Delta335i and Shizzle for the process details and taking the time to write them out/ explain things to help others.

I believe such spreads are possible, but more likely on an "almost new" vehicle, and you need to be ready to spend the time, research and a lot of hard cash to take advantage of the price differences. I do also believe you can lose a lot of that advantage on re-sale (if re-sale is a concern for you), unless you really don't need to sell and/or can wait for the right buyer, etc.
I second this ... Thanks a bunch all ... +100

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 10:15 PM   #76
TTBear
Captain
Rep
Drives: '20 Huracán/'19 M2Comp/'23 X4M

Just as an FYI, for anyone looking for a used M3, that is considering buying from the US:

I am selling my pristine 2009 e92 with DCT - BMW Individual Azurite black.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=597586

If anyone is looking for a "deal", this car has $20,000 in upgrades (with the original parts, and more included), and the pricing will be comparable to a US car. It's mint, no stories. I am just looking to upgrade, and need the garage space.