BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

02-18-2009, 11:48 AM   #23
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by moog55 View Post
yeah, people like them or hate them... i personally think color-matched reflectors looks the worst.
I agree. I didn't think I would like the smoked but I like the aggressive look they give the car. Space Grey is probably the only colour I'd put them on. Colour matched looks like a patch or like something else was meant to go there.
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2009, 11:59 AM   #24
MMMorish
Canada
Rep

I've checked the DIY section for side gill removal and I can only seem to find one for the e90, is it the same procedure?
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2009, 04:02 PM   #25
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedm3 View Post
I wouldn't say that at all, My LED kit is awesome, much brighter and nicer then stock. and the map lights (with the stock bulbs) don't turn off after 30 seconds. SOME M3s with the LED map lights will turn after the ignition is turned ON, after about 15-20 seconds. And this is because the car isnt meant for it, so the only way to fix this is by adding 2 wires to the map lights circuit board and putting the original bulbs back on the circuit, tricking the car into thinking it is powering those bulbs.(while they are tucked away somewhere in the roof) and the LED (nice n bright) stay on this way.

Thats how my guy, Dave, did it for me. But not ALL M3s have this problem, it only happens in some where they turn off after 15-20 seconds while ignition is ON. IF ignition is OFF, they dont turn after 15-20 seconds.
The problem is you lack a comparison. I have tested many different LED bulbs in the E90 and E92 that I owned in the past two years. I have tested the LEDs that are used in the Bimmian kit but they are really not that bright compared to what I have right now. As far as the map lights turning off by itself. It does not happen to random E9X. It happens to a lot of the E9X. There are pages of discussions over on E90Post for this problem, which Bimmian's response was to send owners a set of blue tinted filament bulbs to replace the map lights with. Someone over at E90Post figured out a way to trick the circuit with resistors as well.

I will post a generic LED setup that will be brighter than Bimmian's kit here. It might cost a little more, but these LEDs are far superior to ones that are in the Bimmian kit. Obviously, I assume that people don't care about the map lights turning off by itself or they live in SoCal and have access to the guy that rigs the map lights. So, here we go:

Dome: BavAuto LED 24 (for E90/2) X2, @ 17.95 each

Map: 1W High Power LED (194 / T10 type) X2, @ 8.99 each

Vanity Mirrors: 6 High Intensity Nichia LED (42mm festoon) X2, @ 8.99 each

Puddle / Front Footwell: 6 High Intensity Nichia LED (194 / T10 type, deteached from base) X3, @ 11.99 each, 6 High Intensity Nichia LED (194 / T10, side firing, 0 degree offset type) X1, @ 9.99 each

Glove Box: 6 High Intensity Nichia LED (37mm festoon) X1, @ 8.99 each

Rear Footwell: 3LED (74 / T5 type) X4, @ 2.49 each

Trunk: 6 High Intensity Nichia LED (42mm festoon) X1, @ 8.99 each

Total cost: 145.76 + shipping

You can probably find some place that sell these for cheaper even. I would suggest you get a 42mm feston 6 High Intensity Nichia LED and put it in one of the vanity mirrors. When you turn both on, you will notice a significant difference in the brightness compared to the Bimmian one.
      02-18-2009, 04:07 PM   #26
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
You can probably find some place that sell these for cheaper even. I would suggest you get a 42mm feston 6 High Intensity Nichia LED and put it in one of the vanity mirrors. When you turn both on, you will notice a significant difference in the brightness compared to the Bimmian one.

My only complaint with my kit from Bimmian is that the LED above the sunvisor are pretty weak, they barely give any light. Other then that, they are as bright as I could ask for. and Like I said, i also tricked the map lights, so its all good
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder 6MT - Ascari Blue/Black
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2009, 04:18 PM   #27
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
All I can say is, if you don't try, you'll never find out what you are missing out

Compared to all the other mods you have on your car, these LEDs cost almost nothing, but make a huge difference in your interior.

Here's a link to the passenger side footwell LED:

http://www.ledlight.com/t10-wedge-si...led-light.aspx

Here's a link to the vanity mirror LED:

http://www.ledlight.com/festoon-supe...hes-42-mm.aspx
      02-18-2009, 05:03 PM   #28
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

Quote:
All I can say is, if you don't try, you'll never find out what you are missing out

Compared to all the other mods you have on your car, these LEDs cost almost nothing, but make a huge difference in your interior.

Here's a link to the passenger side footwell LED:

http://www.ledlight.com/t10-wedge-si...led-light.aspx

Here's a link to the vanity mirror LED:

http://www.ledlight.com/festoon-supe...hes-42-mm.aspx

the vanity mirror looks different...I have an E93, and I believe the bulbs being used are totally different from the E90 and E92. Mine are so small, you can barely touch them!
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder 6MT - Ascari Blue/Black
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2009, 05:07 PM   #29
spyderco10
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMorish View Post
Thanks for your pictures Peter, your car looks sweet. I agree, the smoked looks really good on the Space Grey. I installed them last night and I'm happy with the mean look of the smoked reflectors. I will post pics when all the mods are complete.

I need some advise guys, should I paint my matte black grill and gill Jet black or should I leave it matte?
leave it matte. it won't get chipped, it's easier to care for, and it's more subtle looking
- John 3:16
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2009, 07:04 PM   #30
doba_s
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7 l Cayenne l 997.2RS

Quote:
That's a crappy LED kit. It's not bright at all. Get the real deal. Also, the map lights will turn off by itself after 30 seconds.
+1 ... that kit is a real BS ... listen to Kev and get the right one ...
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2009, 12:35 PM   #31
MMMorish
Canada
Rep

I can't get the passenger side gill out. Has anyone else had a problem with it? Can anyone give me any tips?
Appreciate 0