BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

08-18-2013, 09:48 PM   #1
Ubersmooth
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Calling all Lawyers

How do you guys like your jobs? I plan on studying pre law and business after I graduate high school and then moving on to law school. I want to know how you guys really feel about your jobs. Are you happy with where you are? Do you wake up every morning and dread going to work? I'm mainly interested in corporate law but I've been advised against it by a family member that is in that field.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 02:41 AM   #2
1fastdoc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 R8

While I'm definitely not a lawyer, I know many. It's not an easy question to answer because there are so many different things you can do with a JD. A few I know are millionaires. MOST others make far less. Enough to be upper middle class comfortable.

I've heard quite a few say that the best business degree is a JD. Again, depends on what you're doing with it. Also depends on who you know.

I know one relatively recent graduate with a solid pedigree who is having a hard time finding work in his chosen field, which is somewhere on the corporate law side.

Fortunately, you have lots of time to see how the US evolves and what jobs are going to be needed. Assuming the Affordable Care Act stands, there will be hundreds if not thousands of new regulatory bodies established and this is going to be a legal mess for more than a decade to come.

And I'll go ahead and plant this seed now: Don't sue doctors. It's bad karma.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2013, 11:25 AM   #3
Ubersmooth
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Thank you! One of the things I was worrying about was will lawyers be in demand? Hopefully they but I'll have a back up plan in case they aren't. And I know way too many doctors to sue a doctor, it'll just make it awkward
Appreciate 0