BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

06-29-2010, 10:04 AM   #133
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by defm View Post
The dealer delivered a promised .Here is my black M3 with rust brown . Thanks for you help and advice
Hey what's going on here mister???? You need your own post with some full size pics in it so that more people can see your color combo. Congratulations, it looks fantastic!! The interior sort of reminds me of mine but I really wouldn't know 'cause the f'n thing still isn't here

Talk soon - and enjoy!!! Mark
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 05:00 PM   #134
jpk774
Rep
Drives: E46325,E92M3,F10 M5

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark's M View Post
May 18th - 19th: Back to Germany

Last post everyone. Sorry for the length but I just wanted to make sure you're all aware of some of the problems or worries that go along with the ED program.....aside from all the cool stuff of course.

Excepting the bloody roosters that woke me up in Nuit St. Georges in the morning, it was definately going to be a nice day. Had breakfast in the early a.m. and packed up for my next leg of the trip....to Seebach, Germany in the Black Forrest region. I chose a bit of a longer route to avoid going in and out of Switzerland and having to pay 40 euros for a "road tax" or whatever it is they call it. The trip on the French autoroutes was uneventful, lots of good food again at the Autogrills and I entered into Germany again about 5 p.m. Nice to know that my toll-paying days were over. There was a beautiful gas station/restaurant as soon as I crossed the border and it had the most wonderful self-spray car wash I'd ever seen. The little things in life were starting to impress me too much.....now I knew it was time to be heading home. I gave the car a good spray (but no wiping!!!), stocked up on some more "essential supplies" and headed towards the mountain town of Seebach. What a pleasant drive and perfect for winding the motor up and down the rev range as I passed through some smaller towns and up into the forrest region. Nice roads, actually wide enough for a car for a change. Absolutely ZERO mobile phone coverage though. Oh well.

Checked into my Pension which was located in a residential neighborhood on the side of a mountain, had a couple of regional German beers and then walked into the village for supper at a neat little hotel that had GREAT food. Hiked back home and relaxed on my terrace with a few more beers and some rain to put me to sleep. The car was nice and safe tonight, parked on its own cobblestone driveway. No trees, no winds, no birds....perfect (Pic 1)

Next morning I was up and out the door early after a great German breakfast, had to be in Munich for 1:30 pm for my 2000 km's mandatory service. Christine and Michael had booked the appointment for me because I didn't want the car sitting on the docks or the boat for who knows how many weeks with "old" oil in it.

So off I went for my final long distance drive. The car had just over 2000 km's by this time and the computer was telling me that service was "overdue". Told it to take a pill and calm down....it was coming.

Some of the autobahn on the way home was plagued with construction (as UCLA had reported between Stuttgart and Munich) but it wasn't as bad as I expected. The biggest problem was getting by the hundreds of euro trucks who had to navigate through the mountains in the slow lane. Generally, it kept everyone else up until we got into flatter territory. The autoroute in this area is only 2 lanes wide so thusly, the slowdowns were expected.

But then, with a couple of hours to go, the autobahn opened up for the most part and seeing that I was over my break-in period, I thought that I'd push the car to 180-200 km/h range for a bit. Wow, how perfectly stable and normal these speeds are for this car!!! Quite truthfully, it was still a bit daunting to be travelling at these speeds but only because I'm naturally leery of the actions of other drivers, not me. As well trained as the drivers are in Germany (and most of Europe for that matter), you just never know. So I kept it reasonable. But it was still a thrill. I just can't imagine driving 100-120 km/h back at home any more. It'll be like walking. One thing I won't miss.....watching the gas gauge actually move at these speeds. Never seen this before - amazing!!!!

I arrived at BMW/MINI AG Niederiassung (about 10 minutes walk from the Welt and my hotel) at exactly 1:29 p.m. and met with Uli Buttner the Service Advisor who welcomed me with open arms. They had the car for a couple of hours while I checked back in to the Sheraton and prepared for my Museum tour later that afternoon. Picked the car up at 4:00 p.m. all shiny and new and paid the 576.00 Euro bill (which BMW Canada will reimburse me for). Uli told me that they'd washed it by hand. This guy I believed....no doubt he'd been prepped by Christine and Michael who told them how anal I was about such things (Pic 2).

Drove the car back to the Welt's underground parking for the night and then went to the BMW Museum....which was just excellent. Others have posted museum pics here and the stuff is on-line so I won't bother. If you go, you have to see this place.

Spent the evening winding down with some good food and a few cocktails before calling it a night. One day to go.

May 19th Drop Off

How sad. Time to drop off the car at Harms (now called Log In/Log Out) and call it a day. Gave the car a final going-over, took out everything that was loose (except the floor mats) and drove out to Garching to the drop off location. Christine called to check up on me and ask if there were any problems. None to report. The adventures with the car were exactly as she had described with her "no risk, no fun" attitude. I can't say enough about the people of BMW....they were just the best and I'll never forget it. And about the car.....well you guys all know how fantastic the M3 is and I am very priviledged to own one now. I truly believe that the next version with the turbo'd six just won't be the same. Our motor is simply intoxicating and there's no other way to describe it.

Handed my key (I got to keep one for a souvenier) over to the Harms people at 2:30, completed my paperwork and had the car inspected for shipment. The office manager said he'd never seen a ED car with 2400 km's on it with absolutely no blems. Man, was I proud. And amazed considering all that I'd gone through. The car performed flawlessly and I experienced ZERO issues (except for that Navi lady who made me go into the wrong toll lane in France). Good old Rolph picked me up and drove me back into Munich for my last night - and then again to the airport at 4:30 a.m. next morning). It was raining, cold and windy by this point.....just fucking miserable. How fitting now that the car was gone from my grasp for a month or so. Oh well, a nice dinner at the Welt and a few good-bye cocktails saved the day.

So that's it. I can't wait for the car to be sent over to Canada. And now the mods begin I guess????

My wife picked me up in Toronto when I landed on Thursday. I drove home (the family/dog wagon is an XC60 which I just love) and as suspected, doing 120 km/h was like walking. HOW THE HELL DO YOU PEOPLE MANAGE YOUR M3's IN NORTH AMERICA?????

I hope this helps some of you who might be thinking of ED. It's definately NOT for the faint of heart. However, if your mindset is "it's just a car" (as Christine also told me), well you'll have a blast.

Would I do it again??? For sure.....but in someone else's M3 this time!!!

And this forum is just great by the way. Bimmerfest has its good points but M3 Post just rocks.

Talk soon - Mark
Mark,

That was a truly amazing write up! Made me want to run out and get a new M3. I now regret not doing the euro delivery.... I bought my M3 locally....still love it. Anyhow.. you asked how we drive our M3's in america well.. lol with eyes on the back of our heads... too hard to drive normal. I hit the M button as soon as I get on an open road... lol here is a sample from my Iphone a few weeks ago.

Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 07:47 PM   #135
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
Quote:
Hey what's going on here mister???? You need your own post with some full size pics in it so that more people can see your color combo. Congratulations, it looks fantastic!! The interior sort of reminds me of mine but I really wouldn't know 'cause the f'n thing still isn't here

Talk soon - and enjoy!!! Mark
When is the ETA now?
      07-05-2010, 08:53 AM   #136
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
When is the ETA now?
Well.....the wheels/tires finally left Garching on Thursday and the plane left for Toronto on July 2nd. I was told early this week. We'll see. Until then I'll keep drinking
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 11:50 PM   #137
jordanfox
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Mark, your M is very exclusive... Congrat
      07-16-2010, 11:15 AM   #138
bond
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: future 5 series

Mark and guys, thanks for your answers and sharing your experiences.
Does the lack of price discount on E.D. for us Canadians only apply on the M series? ie - does anybody know if I would get a price discount like our fellow americans on a 5 series E.D.?
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2010, 11:59 AM   #139
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Hopefully he won't mind me posting the link - here's the thread with pics of Mark's car at home and with the GTS wheels on:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=408202
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2010, 06:04 AM   #140
airportparking
Gabon
Rep
Drives: beautiful

Nice post... interesting !

Thank you very much for your efforts!!
Greatly appreciated!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2010, 11:33 PM   #141
88Mph
Rep
Drives: C240

That was a great read, I still want to do a ED more than ever. I"m working towards it, but first I have to be able to buy new.

baby steps...but one day!
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2011, 08:16 PM   #142
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Sexiest M!
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2011, 01:20 AM   #143
MK599
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Absolutely Stunning!

Can you get anything you wanted engraved on the piano trim? like instead of ///M get ///M3 or V8 or something like that?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2011, 09:48 AM   #144
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Absolutely. You can also get inlayed gold, silver, pearl....etc, etc. I politely declined lol!!
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2011, 10:28 AM   #145
UKtRAINE3
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Excellent write up and amazing car, I wanted to do ED but after buying the car there was just no more $$ to vacation with haha..

Which short shift kit did BMW install on your car? I want to do a short shift kit but don't want anything that would void warranty if anything ever happened. Is there a BMW Performance SSK that I am unaware of? TIA
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2011, 11:52 AM   #146
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Thanks so much. Can't tell you how much I enjoyed it....the car and doing the day-by-day writeup. Honestly I don't know what they did to achieve my specs. I asked for the short shift and the ZCP knob to cap it off. BMW does make a SSK which can be found in the Performance catalogue but it's not for an M3...unless they put it in anyways and/or modified it. Whatever it is they did, it works!! Mind you, there was the price...which was bundled into the total Individual options package. But by the time I got to it, too late to ask any questions.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2011, 01:01 PM   #147
UA
///M User
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 M3

Quote:
Thanks so much. Can't tell you how much I enjoyed it....the car and doing the day-by-day writeup. Honestly I don't know what they did to achieve my specs. I asked for the short shift and the ZCP knob to cap it off. BMW does make a SSK which can be found in the Performance catalogue but it's not for an M3...unless they put it in anyways and/or modified it. Whatever it is they did, it works!! Mind you, there was the price...which was bundled into the total Individual options package. But by the time I got to it, too late to ask any questions.
Fair enough. Thank you for the response. I'm really curious if the actual shifter components of the E9x 3 Series SSK will fit and if that's what you have... hmmmm only one way to find out I guess, LOL... Thx again.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 03:23 PM   #148
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport

Great color combination but you my friend have major issues. You must have no stress in your life to worry this much about a stupid car. You should really seek professional help as just from the way you talk and describe your trip you can tell your very cocky and self centered. I gues you do your job perfectly and never make a mistake with the way you seem to criticize everyone. Also what is with the complaining about money spent on the trip? You apparently have plenty of moeny so why complain about the cost of gas or food. Maybe you should have not spent so much money on options and saved it for having fun. I dont know how you could ever be a happy person with how crazy you sounded in this post. I am amazed that I am the only one to notice this or better yet have the balls to call you out on it. Best of luck with the car but you need an attitude adjustment BIG TIME.
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 03:49 PM   #149
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINE6SPD View Post
Great color combination but you my friend have major issues. You must have no stress in your life to worry this much about a stupid car. You should really seek professional help as just from the way you talk and describe your trip you can tell your very cocky and self centered. I gues you do your job perfectly and never make a mistake with the way you seem to criticize everyone. Also what is with the complaining about money spent on the trip? You apparently have plenty of moeny so why complain about the cost of gas or food. Maybe you should have not spent so much money on options and saved it for having fun. I dont know how you could ever be a happy person with how crazy you sounded in this post. I am amazed that I am the only one to notice this or better yet have the balls to call you out on it. Best of luck with the car but you need an attitude adjustment BIG TIME.
The fuck?

Why did you feel the need to dig up an old thread for no other reason than to criticize the OP's character? Mark has been nothing but enthusiastic about his car, and it's been very informative to follow along on his adventure -- the vast majority of us will never have the chance to go through an ED. For someone so critical of others' (non-existant) behavior problems, you don't exactly come off as a saint with your preposterous post.
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem

Last edited by aajami; 02-03-2011 at 06:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 07:20 PM   #150
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
Quote:
whatever...
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2011, 07:39 PM   #151
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

Quote:
Who the hell are you to judge a person's character and net worth based on a post on a car enthusiasts forum. I have had the pleasure of meeting Mark in person as well as having many phone conversations with him and I can tell you he is neither cocky or self centered. Also Mark is just a normal guy that had a normal job all of his life that he just retired from. His M is a dream finally fulfilled from years of hard work and saving.

I think you are cocky and self centered to feel the need to dig up an almost year old thread to comment on how you don't like the attitude of the thread starter. Live and let live my friend, life is too short to judge someone you don't even know due to a post on the internet.

02-03-2011, 07:52 PM   #152
MK599
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post
Who the hell are you to judge a person's character and net worth based on a post on a car enthusiasts forum. I have had the pleasure of meeting Mark in person as well as having many phone conversations with him and I can tell you he is neither cocky or self centered. Also Mark is just a normal guy that had a normal job all of his life that he just retired from. His M is a dream finally fulfilled from years of hard work and saving.

I think you are cocky and self centered to feel the need to dig up an almost year old thread to comment on how you don't like the attitude of the thread starter. Live and let live my friend, life is too short to judge someone you don't even know due to a post on the internet.

Appreciate 0
      02-04-2011, 12:28 AM   #153
Mark's M
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
What the heck is this?? It's O.K. everyone, he must have had a bad day at the dealership.

Now last time I got into a battle of words with someone on the forum I got censured by a moderator - and deserved it. To avoid this happening again, I will agree with you. Everything you've said is true. I don't know how I've lived with myself all these years and probably don't deserve the M3. I apologize and will be seeking the professional help you suggest. I appreciate your candor but am having a heck of a time trying to remember where we've met or how much time we've spent together for you to have formed such a strong opinion about my character. Oh well, not to worry. It'll come to me I'm sure.

To all of you truly wonderful BMW guys who've inspired me and made M3 ownership a family-sort of affair, to those I've met personally or spoken with on the forum and have or will read this expose of the "real me".....I'm sorry for misleading you. Ohhh....hell....I'm lying. Truth is, it's all about me and always has been. Guess that's the "self centred" side coming out. Sorry 'bout that.

Lastly, Alpine6spd whoever you are - KISS MY ASS That would be my "cocky" side if you were wondering.

Last edited by Mark's M; 02-04-2011 at 12:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2011, 12:31 AM   #154
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 | X5 xdrive 35i MSport

Garage List
Love The Color!
Appreciate 0