BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

European Auto Source (EAS)

03-30-2012, 01:30 PM   #1
Nine
Banned
Rep
Drives: Not ZCP, FML.

Best South Beach Hotel, for cheap bastards, with taste?

Hey guys,
I have the difficult task of trying to find a great hotel, for a bunch of younger guys, some still full time students, others, just plain cheap bastards. Budget range around $200 a night per room...

What are some of the best South Beach hotels, given the limitations?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2012, 09:50 PM   #2
IFX
Banned
Rep
Drives: AW e46M/N54

airbnb.com

someone introduced me to that site awhile ago, i checked it out.. seems ok. Do you HW first though.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2012, 06:20 AM   #3
porshah
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4, R8, Huracan - All topdown

Garage List
www.magellanvacations.com

I stayed at the Z Ocean in South Beach. They got me the best rate. If you want a contact, send me a PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2012, 06:43 AM   #4
chris s
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2022 Dravit G80 M3

Not likely happening! Try Essex house, prob not 200/nite tho!
2008 AW e92 M3 6MT, ESS SC, BBS LM's...SOLD!
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 09:13 AM   #5
Nine
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris s View Post
Not likely happening!
True.

Any night life recommendations?
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 12:15 AM   #6
CarbonAlpine
Captain
Rep
Drives: ///M4

The deauville (spelled wrong I'm sure) is on Collins and sixty something...they have ocean front rooms under 200. But on south beach, really hard to be under 200 unless it's a really small dorm sized room without continental bf.

Previous BMW: E36 Reiger Custom Green vert E46 ///M3 Cabonblack vert E46 ///M3 AW vert E63 645ci AW Coupe E92 ///M3 AW E93 ///M3 SG Vert
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 12:19 AM   #7
CarbonAlpine
Captain
Rep
Drives: ///M4

And for nightlife, you'll likely spend more than your budgeted nightly rate...but LIV is very nice. Also red bar, Mokai, amnesia (not sure if opened yet).

If u want bars, wet willies or señor frogs.

Gl
Previous BMW: E36 Reiger Custom Green vert E46 ///M3 Cabonblack vert E46 ///M3 AW vert E63 645ci AW Coupe E92 ///M3 AW E93 ///M3 SG Vert
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 08:08 AM   #8
Nine
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonAlpine View Post
And for nightlife, you'll likely spend more than your budgeted nightly rate...but LIV is very nice. Also red bar, Mokai, amnesia (not sure if opened yet).

If u want bars, wet willies or señor frogs.

Gl
Oh, yes. I will likely pick up the bottle service or whatever, so it's no big deal. I will do my best to avoid Wet Willies.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 08:56 AM   #9
MiamiE93Vert
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 Convertible

Have an intimate conversation with your wallet, because if you are trying to be on a budget for the benefit of some group members, South Beach is probably the wrong place. It is as expensive as anywhere you could have a good time at night, including vegas on the strip. Don't get me wrong, it can be a blast; Go, enjoy and have fun, but you will all have more fun if the guys on a budget go with their eyes open and know what to expect; if some guys cannot afford a location, talk it over, split up and meet up after.

Have fun!
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 11:07 AM   #10
Nine
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiE93Vert View Post
Have an intimate conversation with your wallet, because if you are trying to be on a budget for the benefit of some group members, South Beach is probably the wrong place. It is as expensive as anywhere you could have a good time at night, including vegas on the strip. Don't get me wrong, it can be a blast; Go, enjoy and have fun, but you will all have more fun if the guys on a budget go with their eyes open and know what to expect; if some guys cannot afford a location, talk it over, split up and meet up after.

Have fun!
Yup I 100% agree.

------------------

Thanks for the responses, if anyone has any clubs or spots that they would reccommend, I would appreciate any advice you guys give. Otherwise, if you see a guy in a black escalade waving at you, in the next few weeks, it could be me
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 11:41 AM   #11
chris s
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2022 Dravit G80 M3

I agree with the above... South Beach on a budget is REALLY difficult. Definitely plan to get some liquor and pre-drink. You'll get banged hard at the door with cover charges and drinks are pretty ridiculous.

Nikki beach is a must see, skybar maybe... If you want something more "local" definitely check out mangos and the clevelander. Both will be more reasonably priced and are classic south beach spots!
2008 AW e92 M3 6MT, ESS SC, BBS LM's...SOLD!
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 11:58 AM   #12
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

like the title. dont know about south beach but made me laugh.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 12:49 PM   #13
MiamiE93Vert
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine View Post
Yup I 100% agree.

------------------

Thanks for the responses, if anyone has any clubs or spots that they would reccommend, I would appreciate any advice you guys give. Otherwise, if you see a guy in a black escalade waving at you, in the next few weeks, it could be me
It has been a while since I have been to the beach, but as some have said Liv I believe is the club to be seen in at the moment. During the day, the beach between 5th and 12th should be great people watching. Also, check out Lincoln Road during the day, it is an experience. Like another person said, drink before you go out so that you save on drinks in the bar, and later at night walk up and down Ocean and Collins around 5th street, it is highly entertaining and can be as fun as the clubs sometimes. Also, as a car guy, check out the parking lots around Joes and Prime 112 during the dinner hours; this time of year you will see almost all exotics or high end cars on the market parked in or around the valets at night. I once saw an F40 idling in traffic (still with its racing numbers) on the beach around Lincoln Road and felt bad for the car.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2012, 11:46 AM   #14
ForensicM3
Private
Rep
Drives: Not an m3

hit priceline.com. Might be able to come up with something. I usually get work to pay for the Ritz and Loews though
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2012, 12:18 PM   #15
Nine
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForensicM3 View Post
hit priceline.com. Might be able to come up with something. I usually get work to pay for the Ritz and Loews though
PM'ing you
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2012, 12:24 PM   #16
Nine
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiE93Vert View Post
It has been a while since I have been to the beach, but as some have said Liv I believe is the club to be seen in at the moment. During the day, the beach between 5th and 12th should be great people watching. Also, check out Lincoln Road during the day, it is an experience. Like another person said, drink before you go out so that you save on drinks in the bar, and later at night walk up and down Ocean and Collins around 5th street, it is highly entertaining and can be as fun as the clubs sometimes. Also, as a car guy, check out the parking lots around Joes and Prime 112 during the dinner hours; this time of year you will see almost all exotics or high end cars on the market parked in or around the valets at night. I once saw an F40 idling in traffic (still with its racing numbers) on the beach around Lincoln Road and felt bad for the car.
Oh yes, I will swing by.

Prime 112 didn't look that expensive, is it really around a $40-$60 dollar plate, place? Is it worth it? In the past, I've found south beach food to be subpar, even to other areas of florida. I'm not sure if it is the food, water or what.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2012, 01:13 PM   #17
MiamiE93Vert
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine View Post
Oh yes, I will swing by.

Prime 112 didn't look that expensive, is it really around a $40-$60 dollar plate, place? Is it worth it? In the past, I've found south beach food to be subpar, even to other areas of florida. I'm not sure if it is the food, water or what.
The times I have gone to Prime 112 the food has been excellent. Specifically, if you like foie gras it is the best I have ever had. I recommend Prime 112 or Joes as one of your locations for dinner, but if you can't get in at night go to Joes for lunch.
Appreciate 0