BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

BPM

07-28-2008, 07:45 AM   #1
argonboy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 Space Gray

Question Carbon Leather Trim part #s

Can anyone confirm the part numbers for the Carbon Leather trim. I've seen threads about the part being available for $900 from Tischer, but I can't find it by browsing their site or anyone referring the part numbers.

All I could find is this on bmwfans.info referring to the ECE model. I do find matches for the parts on the Tischer site, but I just wanted confirmation. The 51458036706 is $208.23 from Tischer

I'm thinking about changing the titanium shadow trim, which IMO brings down the look of the car. Considering Hartge CF, but I'm not crazy about it.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2008, 10:52 AM   #2
MDCTFTW
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 DCT

Man how could you not get it from the start? I guess some of those 'what options should I get' threads are useful.

MDCT ... so you can drive and eat a hamburger at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2008, 11:41 AM   #3
argonboy
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDCTFTW View Post
Man how could you not get it from the start? I guess some of those 'what options should I get' threads are useful.
"Man", while you were thinking what hamburger drive-through you'll visit when you'll get your new M3, last year in July, also the time when I gave my specification so my car would get a September allocation I didn't know what the Titanium Shadow looked like. When I was invited at Nurburgring in September for a test drive and I saw all the trims and colors, it was too late to change anything.

About those threads started by kids, I already had my car by then!

Enough flaming... maybe someone will reply to what I posted in the first place so I can get my $135000 M3 looking like the $70000 ones, once and for all.

Last edited by argonboy; 07-28-2008 at 01:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2008, 02:52 PM   #4
eeeboy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08M3 Space Gray DCT

Are you talking about the lame stock CF "material" looking trim, or the glossy sweet looking CF trim?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2008, 04:18 PM   #5
argonboy
First Lieutenant
Rep

The one on the BMWUSA website on the build your own page, that is called Carbon Leather, the stock one.

I thought everyone agreed that the "real CF" package in the performance accessories line is only for the E92 non-M3 because it doesn't doesn't have the cut-out for the the Power, EDC, and DSC off buttons.
      07-31-2008, 07:26 PM   #6
Nucking Futs!
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 M

Garage List
2013 BMW X5 M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by argonboy View Post
I'm thinking about changing the titanium shadow trim, which IMO brings down the look of the car. Considering Hartge CF, but I'm not crazy about it.
Not sure in other countries but here in the United States, that Hartge cf kit cost $4k+ USD. Also, not sure if you know or not but the oem cf leather is VERY fragile/delicate. I'm use to leaning my left knee on the door panel but after a few weeks of doing that, I noticed that area was starting to get hairline scratches (easy to clean & get rid of). Thus, now I don't lean on the door panel anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeeboy View Post
Are you talking about the lame stock CF "material" looking trim, or the glossy sweet looking CF trim?
Glossy cf trim looks nice but I like cf leather b/c it's unique & different. Prior to ordering, I was kinda reluctant but after seeing it in person I knew I made the right choice.

Quote:
I thought everyone agreed that the "real CF" package in the performance accessories line is only for the E92 non-M3 because it doesn't doesn't have the cut-out for the the Power, EDC, and DSC off buttons.
Yep, that one is only for non-M3 for the reasons stated.

'17 95B GTS
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2008, 03:36 AM   #7
nd54
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: RDSport RS 46

LOL - I know all about ordering cars before seeing them and regretting the final specs, it's happened to me a few times. I have the brushed aluminum and I think it looks a bit cheap as well, plus the piece on the drivers' door was scratched by my wristwatch when I tried to get something from the door pocket, so I'm definitely considering changing the trim to carbon leather. If someone can post part numbers and pricing if they have it I'd be very grateful.

Quote:
"Man", while you were thinking what hamburger drive-through you'll visit when you'll get your new M3, last year in July, also the time when I gave my specification so my car would get a September allocation I didn't know what the Titanium Shadow looked like. When I was invited at Nurburgring in September for a test drive and I saw all the trims and colors, it was too late to change anything.

About those threads started by kids, I already had my car by then!

Enough flaming... maybe someone will reply to what I posted in the first place so I can get my $135000 M3 looking like the $70000 ones, once and for all.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2008, 07:40 AM   #8
argonboy
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd54 View Post
LOL - I know all about ordering cars before seeing them and regretting the final specs, it's happened to me a few times. I have the brushed aluminum and I think it looks a bit cheap as well, plus the piece on the drivers' door was scratched by my wristwatch when I tried to get something from the door pocket, so I'm definitely considering changing the trim to carbon leather. If someone can post part numbers and pricing if they have it I'd be very grateful.
I confirmed with Tischer BMW and those in the link in the first post are the correct ones if you want to order. If you want the full package, I can tell you some parts are on national backorder, I think it was the big dash piece for one...