BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

Closed Thread

09-02-2007, 12:02 AM   #1
joeygambino
Rep
Drives: E300

Why would you pay so far for a 3-series when theres so much other good choices ?

can you tell me why you guys would pay 35-45K for what is essentially a v6 , which besides the nameplate is either matched in features at a lower price with the american car companies ?

*FORD MUSTANG -- drives like a 60s muscle car , loud and fun, but ITS v8 at a fraction of the price of a bimmer

* MAZDA 6 -- A great handling car

*GRAND PRIX / G6-- really fun car, and tops out at like 16K

* CTS -- Cadillac's answer to the 3 recently won the CD's comparo

What am I saying is that these AMerican car companies, are making "good" products now a days that mimics almost 99% of what these german cars are in terms of engine choices and FUn-factor. But the main factor is these cars are 16-18K Tops. Which begs to ask , why in the world would you pay so much for a 3-series when other car manufacturers are almost able to match them in looks, performance, engine, and fun-factor ?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2007, 12:08 AM   #2
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

Do you ever post anything that is worth reading?

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2007, 12:12 AM   #3
banks2152
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328xi

ive driven a mustang ('99 gt.. my first car), a mazda 6 (speed.. the upgraded version), and a cts and none of them even COMPARE to a 3 series. im on my second 3 series now and these cars shouldnt even be mentioned in the same sentence. my two friends who have the mazda and the caddy have both driven my car and will even admit to that (and to top it off i only have the 328). why are you so concerned about how other people spend their money anyway?
      09-02-2007, 12:12 AM   #4
normtrum
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, e46 330i

You've gotta be sh*tin me. I'm not even going to touch this one.
      09-02-2007, 12:12 AM   #5
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

First, it's I6.

I, myself, think the 335i is a bargain...if I didn't think so I wouldn't have wait 2 months to get mine.

I paid about $45k for mine. Please list cars that can compared with it in the acceleration and handling department, the only two that can even be mentioned are the Evo and STi, but those lack the comfort, features, and styling of the Bimmer. Stockwise, the 335i had me impressed...coming from an Evo. Before the 335i, every car I've driven under the $50k mark felt 'not so fast' to put it nicely.

Also to some people...there is this thing that they prefer over speed, it's called comfort and styling.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2007, 12:17 AM   #6
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G26 i4x

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeygambino View Post
can you tell me why you guys would pay 35-45K for what is essentially a v6 , which besides the nameplate is either matched in features at a lower price with the american car companies ?

*FORD MUSTANG -- drives like a 60s muscle car , loud and fun, but ITS v8 at a fraction of the price of a bimmer

* MAZDA 6 -- A great handling car

*GRAND PRIX / G6-- really fun car, and tops out at like 16K

* CTS -- Cadillac's answer to the 3 recently won the CD's comparo

What am I saying is that these AMerican car companies, are making "good" products now a days that mimics almost 99% of what these german cars are in terms of engine choices and FUn-factor. But the main factor is these cars are 16-18K Tops. Which begs to ask , why in the world would you pay so much for a 3-series when other car manufacturers are almost able to match them in looks, performance, engine, and fun-factor ?
You are comparing cars that are not even in the same category.

A G6???? Are you f'n kidding me??? Its a cavalier.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread