BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

European Auto Source (EAS)

05-22-2012, 04:08 PM   #1
E90_SG
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 09E90

EDC malfunction with KW sleeve over

2000 miles later after installing the KW SO, EDC malfunction came up today. I checked and rechecked both front connections, disconnected the negative battery and yet to drive it around. If it doesn't go away after driving for a while, I'm going to bring it in to the closest dealer. However, I'm worried that this will not be covered under warranty and will have to pay. Should I return it to stock springs before bringing it in?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 04:23 PM   #2
tmntmn
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3/M-DCT

Stealership might blame it on the KW sleeves and void your warranty!

Make sure all 4 connectors are plug in and not loose, that might cause the EDC malfunction also
MODS: MODECARBON V2 GTS FRONT LIP & REAR DIFFUSER, AA GREEN FILTER, RPI SCOOPS, PSW, Verstraβe Extended DCT Shifter, ZCP WHEELS (SEMI-GLOSS), OHLINS R&T, Megan Exhaust, AKRA XPIPE, BMW LED INTERIOR, BLACKOUT W/ORION V4 LED AE, OSRAM CBI
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 04:28 PM   #3
E90_SG
Enlisted Member
Rep

I just checked the fronts for now. Will check the rears later today.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 05:17 PM   #4
tmntmn
///M
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_I_K_E View Post
I just checked the fronts for now. Will check the rears later today.
most of the EDC Errors i see are from loose connectors, hope its just the rear plugs in your case
MODS: MODECARBON V2 GTS FRONT LIP & REAR DIFFUSER, AA GREEN FILTER, RPI SCOOPS, PSW, Verstraβe Extended DCT Shifter, ZCP WHEELS (SEMI-GLOSS), OHLINS R&T, Megan Exhaust, AKRA XPIPE, BMW LED INTERIOR, BLACKOUT W/ORION V4 LED AE, OSRAM CBI
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 05:22 PM   #5
Julius@Style77
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mini Cooper S

I'd make sure of the connectors too.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 08:09 PM   #6
E90_SG
Enlisted Member
Rep

Phew, drove the car a few yards and the malfunction went away. I initially just checked the two front connections and disconnected the negative terminal of the battery temporarily and left the car in the garage for a few hours. I then decided to check the rear connections. Drove out of the garage and passed the driveway, only then the malfunction went away. The front right connection was very slightly loose and didn't notice this in the beginning until I compared all four. For future reference to those who comes across the same problem: Drive the car after disconnecting and reconnecting the EDC connectors.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 01:20 PM   #7
tmntmn
///M
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_I_K_E View Post
Phew, drove the car a few yards and the malfunction went away. I initially just checked the two front connections and disconnected the negative terminal of the battery temporarily and left the car in the garage for a few hours. I then decided to check the rear connections. Drove out of the garage and passed the driveway, only then the malfunction went away. The front right connection was very slightly loose and didn't notice this in the beginning until I compared all four. For future reference to those who comes across the same problem: Drive the car after disconnecting and reconnecting the EDC connectors.
You save yourself a trip to the dealers!
Appreciate 0