BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

02-06-2013, 06:32 PM   #1
///M///
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 Manual AW F80

Exclamation Who all here have the Meisterschaft GT exhaust?

Am trying to make up mind about getting this Muffler. Only plan to get the muffler with the SR pipes, nothing else. I have searched and looked at every posted thread about the Meisterschaft but found most of them to be about the GT2. Based on the few videos I saw, I think I might like the GT but have some concerns and was hoping someone currently using this exhast could provide their feedback.

1) Just how loud is this exhaust? Obnoxiously loud or just loud on WOT? I currently have the Megan on the car.
2) My primary concern is that it should to be as loud as some of the Mustangs you see cruising down the road. They lamos sound like they are running straight pipes. Would prefer something that is civil at cruise speed but screams only when you open it up.
3) Anyone have issues with the neighbors on startup?
4) I read some threads back from 2008 about poor build quality but that seems to have improved in the past couple of years? Anyone have any issues with welds or cracks?
5) Eisenmann Race is currently my second choice but it is too much money Anyone tried both and preferred one over the other?

Thanks.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 07:08 PM   #2
Phanto///M
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3

I currenty am running the super GT with all my cats still intact and must i say the exhaust is loud. All aftermarket exhausts drone regardless of what people say. Some peoples hearing is more sensitive than others so it is all based on preference. I absolutely love my exhaust however if i went catless it would be too much. Under normal driving conditions it is pretty mild however WOT the exhaust really screams. Its downshifts are agressive also. Your neighbors will hate you regardless of the type of exhaust you get unless you go valvetronic. Pretty pricey though. Honestly there is no way to know if you will like the exhaust or not unless you hear it in person. My suggestion is try to find someone in your area that has the Gt and ask if you can hear it. Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 07:27 PM   #3
///M///
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanto///M View Post
I currenty am running the super GT with all my cats still intact and must i say the exhaust is loud. All aftermarket exhausts drone regardless of what people say. Some peoples hearing is more sensitive than others so it is all based on preference. I absolutely love my exhaust however if i went catless it would be too much. Under normal driving conditions it is pretty mild however WOT the exhaust really screams. Its downshifts are agressive also. Your neighbors will hate you regardless of the type of exhaust you get unless you go valvetronic. Pretty pricey though. Honestly there is no way to know if you will like the exhaust or not unless you hear it in person. My suggestion is try to find someone in your area that has the Gt and ask if you can hear it. Hope this helps.
Thanks. I have been trying to find someone but have had no luck so far. How is the super GT different from the GT?
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 08:05 PM   #4
Phanto///M
First Lieutenant
Rep

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=770916
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 08:08 PM   #5
Phanto///M
First Lieutenant
Rep

The link is what meisterschaft has to say about the super GT. all the specs and stuff. Basically it is a muffler delete. Definently louder than the GT i would suppose.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 08:34 PM   #6
jra85
M3NTAL
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP

Nice Jeff, didn't know you picked up a new exhaust! Definitely need to hear it.

But yes, the super GT is essentially a muffler delete, and will be even louder than the GT2. I have just the regular GT on my car, and I love it. There is some drone around 2500k-3k RPMs, which is around highway cruising speed. Just roll the windows down and take it all in

If you've read through all the threads already I'm sure you've seen my various posts with my opinions, but here's some videos I posted that closely represent what the GT sounds like:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=762833
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 10:43 PM   #7
JR429
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: W212, GTR, 997 TT; F10 M5

I've dyno tested that exhaust on a Mustangdyne. It is REALLY LOUD. I suppose it doesn't sound bad if you want an attention magnet, but it is crazy loud hehe.
      02-07-2013, 01:09 PM   #8
///M///
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAdamz View Post
Nice Jeff, didn't know you picked up a new exhaust! Definitely need to hear it.

But yes, the super GT is essentially a muffler delete, and will be even louder than the GT2. I have just the regular GT on my car, and I love it. There is some drone around 2500k-3k RPMs, which is around highway cruising speed. Just roll the windows down and take it all in

If you've read through all the threads already I'm sure you've seen my various posts with my opinions, but here's some videos I posted that closely represent what the GT sounds like:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=762833
Thanks I did check it out. I am torn..........................

OR

Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 11:16 PM   #9
BluechipperM
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 White M3

Im in the same boat dsm918 im really torn between the 2 but im getting the GT because if it gives me the flexibility to go as loud as GT2 if i add an xpipe. If the GT2 is too loud then my only option would be to sell it.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 09:56 AM   #10
Tufosi
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3 DCT

I been doing the same research!!.. After countless videos and reviewing other people's post the GT & GT2 sounds are my fav
      02-10-2013, 03:47 PM   #11
///M///
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tufosi View Post
I been doing the same research!!.. After countless videos and reviewing other people's post the GT & GT2 sounds are my fav
GT2 just seems too loud for the neighborhood. I can't make a decision till I hear both, GT and the Eisenmann Race in person.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 11:28 AM   #12
budski
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 SSII E92 DCT ZCP

It's definitely loud but no one has ever told me it was TOO loud or obnoxious. As for build quality, I'm coming up to my year mark and it's just as good as the day I bought it.

So far my only 'issues' with the GT exhaust system are:

1) If I were to add an x-pipe, I think it'll be too loud
2) No matter how much I search (on the forum) it's about impossible to find a rear diffuser to work with it

However, the rev matching exhaust popping sound totally outweighs any of these cons. It's absolutely SICK.

ESS VT2 625 | Brembo 380mm F/R | Stack Gauges | Meisterschaft GT | KW V3 | Perf Steering Wheel | Challenge GT Lip | Perf CF Spoiler | CF Mirror Caps

Tundra TRD Rock Warrior
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 12:08 PM   #13
ms372
White Shark
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW E92 m3 6MT

GT2 ftw! i have a full system challenge sport + GT2 and boy its loud under WOT! in normal driving i would say its about the same as just the GT2 maybe a bit louder.
i would say go with the GT as its not that loud compared to the GT2 and you can always add an x-pipe for more sound and power
ESS | Challenge x-pipe | Akrapovic | Stoptech BBK (380/355) |Ohlins R&T | Dinan | Vorsteiner | Downforce USA | Varis Diffuser | Gintani | UUC | BMW Performance | Macht Schnell | Forgestar F14's SDC 19x9.5F 19x11R | 255.35 295.30

Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 01:09 PM   #14
Tufosi
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms372 View Post
GT2 ftw! i have a full system challenge sport + GT2 and boy its loud under WOT! in normal driving i would say its about the same as just the GT2 maybe a bit louder.
i would say go with the GT as its not that loud compared to the GT2 and you can always add an x-pipe for more sound and power
Do you think the GT2 without an X-pipe is tolerable for everyday driving?. I like a loud exhaust, but some of post from people here make it sound like the GT2 is so loud that is the equivalent on running the car with no mufflers and just on straight pipes.

When I had my Supra TT with full exhaust I loved it. never thought it was too loud.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 02:19 PM   #15
ms372
White Shark
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tufosi View Post
Do you think the GT2 without an X-pipe is tolerable for everyday driving?. I like a loud exhaust, but some of post from people here make it sound like the GT2 is so loud that is the equivalent on running the car with no mufflers and just on straight pipes.

When I had my Supra TT with full exhaust I loved it. never thought it was too loud.
for a DD its pretty loud ! like you can live with it if you like loud but it drones at highway speed like all race exhaust systems. if you keep the car at around 3k rpms its pretty tolerable for me at least its kinda quiet actually. on the plus side you will always want to keep your windows down just to hear the car and you will be getting alot of

here is a video with the muffler alone car was not revved past 3k

here is a video with the full system first run it actually change tone since then and much deeper sound. the quality is kinda garbage as there was a lot of wind n i was using a shitty phone camera

ESS | Challenge x-pipe | Akrapovic | Stoptech BBK (380/355) |Ohlins R&T | Dinan | Vorsteiner | Downforce USA | Varis Diffuser | Gintani | UUC | BMW Performance | Macht Schnell | Forgestar F14's SDC 19x9.5F 19x11R | 255.35 295.30

Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 03:14 PM   #16
///M///
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by budski View Post
2) No matter how much I search (on the forum) it's about impossible to find a rear diffuser to work with it
When you say it doesn't work, you mean the tips seem sunken in or something touches? I have a Vorsteiner Carbon Fiber Type II Rear Diffuser on the car. Will I have issues?

Tx.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 03:24 PM   #17
///M///
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
here is a video with the full system first run it actually change tone since then and much deeper sound. the quality is kinda garbage as there was a lot of wind n i was using a shitty phone camera

the 2nd video...........that is embarrassingly loud I could never run that setup. It hurts the ears
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 03:33 PM   #18
Tufosi
Second Lieutenant
Rep

ms372
Sounds sick!... I'll prob will go with the GT2.

Thanks for the videos
      02-12-2013, 08:44 PM   #19
budski
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 SSII E92 DCT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsm918 View Post
When you say it doesn't work, you mean the tips seem sunken in or something touches? I have a Vorsteiner Carbon Fiber Type II Rear Diffuser on the car. Will I have issues?

Tx.
The photos I've found have showed the tips sunken in and not flush. I personally have not seen a meisterschaft system with a rear diffuser but would love to.

I think most diffusers will work but it doesn't seem like the meisterschaft crowd have diffusers. Prove me wrong!!!

ESS VT2 625 | Brembo 380mm F/R | Stack Gauges | Meisterschaft GT | KW V3 | Perf Steering Wheel | Challenge GT Lip | Perf CF Spoiler | CF Mirror Caps

Tundra TRD Rock Warrior
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 08:48 PM   #20
ms372
White Shark
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by budski View Post
The photos I've found have showed the tips sunken in and not flush. I personally have not seen a meisterschaft system with a rear diffuser but would love to.

I think most diffusers will work but it doesn't seem like the meisterschaft crowd have diffusers. Prove me wrong!!!
yes a diffuser will cover the tips and you wont be able to see the meisterschaft engraving on the tips

Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 09:03 PM   #21
///M///
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
yes a diffuser will cover the tips and you wont be able to see the meisterschaft engraving on the tips
Cool. Don't care much for the engravings really so should be okay.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 09:48 PM   #22
kerkiraios00
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '18 F80 MW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluechipperM View Post
Im in the same boat dsm918 im really torn between the 2 but im getting the GT because if it gives me the flexibility to go as loud as GT2 if i add an xpipe. If the GT2 is too loud then my only option would be to sell it.
Yea that was exactly my problem I was torn between the GT and GT2 for months but I went with the GT bc if I ever wanna go louder I can add an xpipe and will be just as loud if not louder I say go with the GT I like loud and I think it's just right!! My friends drives an m5 and is shocked how loud it is!! Lol
2018 F80 M3 ZCP Mineral White- Extended Shakir Orange - Full Suntek Ultra Wrapped - ///M Performance Spoiler - RKP Front Lip - RKP Side Skirts - Vorsteiner GTS Diffuser -AA Mid-Pipe-///M performance HAS kit - HRE P101

11 E90 M3 JEREZ BLK METALLIC ZCP SOLD
Appreciate 0