BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW

03-02-2017, 02:54 PM   #1
///M Kidding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT

Oxygen sensor break after installing test-pipe

Background: I purchased evolve tune(stage 2) along with their test-pipe, installed the test pipe on 11/2/2016 and did the tune a few days later. Before I installed the test pipe, I had challenge street xpipe.

Everything was great until last week, the "service engine soon" went on and I checked the codes it was about the rear oxygen sensors so I ordered a set of rear o2 sensors and replaced them today. After driving for 25 mins, the service engine soon light went back on again, expect this time the code's about one of the front o2 sensor (2749 oxygen sensor before cat).

A friend of mine has a similar problem after installing a test pipe, except his service engine soon light goes on and off, mine is constantly on.

So is this considered normal? If it's normal, I might just leave the light on although it annoys me. What are some other options?

Thanks in advance.
      03-02-2017, 03:54 PM   #2
msan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 / 2012 X5 35i M Sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Kidding View Post
Background: I purchased evolve tune(stage 2) along with their test-pipe, installed the test pipe on 11/2/2016 and did the tune a few days later. Before I installed the test pipe, I had challenge street xpipe.

Everything was great until last week, the "service engine soon" went on and I checked the codes it was about the rear oxygen sensors so I ordered a set of rear o2 sensors and replaced them today. After driving for 25 mins, the service engine soon light went back on again, expect this time the code's about one of the front o2 sensor (2749 oxygen sensor before cat).

A friend of mine has a similar problem after installing a test pipe, except his service engine soon light goes on and off, mine is constantly on.

So is this considered normal? If it's normal, I might just leave the light on although it annoys me. What are some other options?

Thanks in advance.
I'll go out on a limb and say the sensors are fine but the test pipe connections have a leak somewhere. Try and get it tested for leaks.
Appreciate 1
      03-02-2017, 04:35 PM   #3
///M Kidding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT

Thx for the advice, didn't think about that