BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

05-08-2016, 10:26 PM   #1
///M Kidding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT

Need help from those who doesn't have a center screen in their M3.

Not sure I'm in the right section since it's not modification.

My question is how do you change M-drive setting when you don't have a center screen (or Idrive controller)? I looked through the owner's manual but it only tells you how to do it through Idrive but unfortunately my m3 doesn't have a center screen.

I just want to make sure my Mdrive put the car in "sport-plus", not just "sport". I was cruising with a buddy of mine tonight who also owns a E92 m3, we did a couple pulls but then he told me my car didn't feel like it's in "sport-plus" mode when I press M on my steering wheel, it felt more like "sport" mode. It got me paranoid, so I was hoping someone could help me out here.

Thanks in advance.
      05-09-2016, 08:23 AM   #2
kb9uwu
Supreme Czar
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E90 M3 6MT (GONE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Kidding View Post
Not sure I'm in the right section since it's not modification.

My question is how do you change M-drive setting when you don't have a center screen (or Idrive controller)? I looked through the owner's manual but it only tells you how to do it through Idrive but unfortunately my m3 doesn't have a center screen.

I just want to make sure my Mdrive put the car in "sport-plus", not just "sport". I was cruising with a buddy of mine tonight who also owns a E92 m3, we did a couple pulls but then he told me my car didn't feel like it's in "sport-plus" mode when I press M on my steering wheel, it felt more like "sport" mode. It got me paranoid, so I was hoping someone could help me out here.

Thanks in advance.
Sounds like you don't have M Drive. My M3 doesn't have an M button on the steering wheel.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2016, 10:29 AM   #3
///M Kidding
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb9uwu

Sounds like you don't have M Drive. My M3 doesn't have an M button on the steering wheel.
Mine has the M bottom on the steering wheel tho
      05-10-2016, 11:38 AM   #4
BPMSport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Sport-Plus is not available on vehicles without Navigation system.

If you want Sport-Plus, you can purchase engine software and we can turn your Sport mode into Sport-Plus, or change either of the two modes available to you to anything you'd like.

Navigation equipped cars have three selections, while non navigation equipped cars only get two.

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 1
      05-10-2016, 12:00 PM   #5
///M Kidding
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo

If you want Sport-Plus, you can purchase engine software and we can turn your Sport mode into Sport-Plus, or change either of the two modes available to you to anything you'd like.

Navigation equipped cars have three selections, while non navigation equipped cars only get two.
Thanks for the input it just made everything easier, do you know what's the main difference between the sport mode and sport-plus?

Also, by engine software do you mean the software tune?
      05-10-2016, 12:42 PM   #6
BPMSport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Kidding
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Benvo

Thanks for the input it just made everything easier, do you know what's the main difference between the sport mode and sport-plus?

Also, by engine software do you mean the software tune?
Sport plus is a bit more touchy.

Yes, an engine tune: http://www.bpmsport.com/BPMTune.pdf

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 1