BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > UK

07-20-2012, 05:03 AM   #1
jamiesecker
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP

Car ready for Help For Heroes Rally 2012!

I am currently a Captain serving in the British Army and along with 49 other cars, we are partaking in the Help for Heroes Rally which is taking part from the 18-15 Aug 12, starting of from the Top Gear test track by Gordon Murray OBE,with the aim to raise £100,000 for the families of the service personnel killed in Afghanistan. We aim to drive 3000 miles in 7 days covering some of the best roads in Europe, via Monaco, Stelvio Pass, Switzerland, Nurburg Ring etc. All cost are bourn by those participating and not from the sponsorship raised! We currently are at £71,000!!!!!
I have tried to convince the wife that for safety reasons I need the Ap Upgrade and the lowering springs etc! Safety reasons only you understand!!!! And no she did not have it either!!!
I have just lowered on the Eiback Pro Springs, Milltek Exhaust and AP 388mm BBK.
What do you think?

Should anybody feel the desire to sponsor such a great cause then please take a look at virginmoneygivingjamiesecker.

Regards,

Jamie
      07-20-2012, 06:01 AM   #2
loflier
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP DCT E92 2005 4Runner

holy crap. Shes BEAUTIFUL! As a LCDR in the US Navy, I applaud your efforts and wish I could partake. I will definitely look in to donating. Best of luck brother and thanks for raising awareness.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2012, 07:15 AM   #3
Mattaus
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Great idea Jamie and can't think of a more worthwhile cause. Just sent a donation.

Enjoy the journey and don't forget to take loads of pics of those stunning roads for us to see!

Also, absolutely love the AP kit, and it is an absolute must for safety!

All the best,
Matt
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2012, 08:04 AM   #4
jamiesecker
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattaus View Post
Great idea Jamie and can't think of a more worthwhile cause. Just sent a donation.

Enjoy the journey and don't forget to take loads of pics of those stunning roads for us to see!

Also, absolutely love the AP kit, and it is an absolute must for safety!

All the best,
Matt
Matt,

Many thanks for your sponsorship. It is very much appreciated.

Thanks for the comments on the car as well!!!

I will have to put a report in when I get back with pictures to back up. Roughly 100 people in super hero costumes on the Stelvio Pass should be a good picture!
      07-20-2012, 08:06 AM   #5
jamiesecker
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by loflier View Post
holy crap. Shes BEAUTIFUL! As a LCDR in the US Navy, I applaud your efforts and wish I could partake. I will definitely look in to donating. Best of luck brother and thanks for raising awareness.
Many thanks for your support! It will be a great effort if we hit the £100,00.00 mark!!

Kind regards,

Jamie
      08-18-2012, 08:18 AM   #6
and79
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Amazing trip! Wish I could attend. Got 3 months left on Herrick to do. Maybe next year?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2012, 03:03 AM   #7
jamiesecker
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by and79 View Post
Amazing trip! Wish I could attend. Got 3 months left on Herrick to do. Maybe next year?
The next event will be in 2014so if interested be good to get your name down soon! If you have trouble then give me a shout and I will pass on the event organiser details!
Hope the rest of your tour goes well!
Regards,
Jamie