BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

10-29-2010, 10:03 PM   #1
Alex@Alpine
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

DUI Driver Hits and Runs my M3 (video)

Coming home after a long night, I said to myself let me grab a drink from the 7-11, little did I know this was going to happen...

I was hit really hard, the car was pushed if you notice in the video, then before I got a chance to get out the car, the other car took off.

10-15 minutes later I found her on a side street running into the curb. I blocked her with the damaged side of the car just in case she hits it again.

I approached the car, told her I know your drunk, just give me your information and have someone pick you up, if I call the cops your going to jail. That did not go so well, she refused to give me all her information, I went behind the car to get the plate number down, she attempted to back the car into me, warned her I am calling 911, dialed 911, she starts to punch me and gets ready to drive back into my car, so I ran grabbed the key out of the ignition, informed the 911 operator what I was doing. Not being able to hit a female, I just ran while I was on the phone with 911, she went on to start kicking my car all over. When the cops pull up, she jumps into MY CAR and attempts to turn the car on and drive off with it, but I had my car keys in my pocket, and advised the officers I had the key, I couldn't help to laugh, so did a few of the officers, long story short, she blew more then twice over the limit. I did not press any charges as far as the battery, since I knew with the DUI she was going to have enough problems. My new wheels had just came in the day before too, now I wont see the car for sometime!!! I was probably punched 8-12 times, I was up till about 6 in the morning with the officers, destroyed my week, and now I do not have a car to get around with till Monday, SUCKS!!!

Here is another video which shows more in detail how hard she hit me, and how fast she ran...

Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 10:11 PM   #2
///mmmKevin
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

HOLY SHIT!!!! That's effing nuts! Glad to see you're okay bro!
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 10:13 PM   #3
kpneverdies
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M3 E92 2010

just wondering, u couldn't followed her as soon as she took off?
i bet u'd caught up to her within 5 sec.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 10:15 PM   #4
Johnny Lin
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3

What a BITC*!!! Glad you are okay.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 10:19 PM   #5
Shmelgy
B.E.
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 & 1969 Mustang Fastback

Lmao u posted up the vid!!!! Haha I feel so bad. Loving the 10,000k, but wish it was as bright as the 8. Good luck alex
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 10:23 PM   #6
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

DUI will basically destroy her life for the next 3 years. Won't have a car, can't get to work on time, arrest record, insurance rate hike, embaressment...

Good thing you kept your cool.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 10:36 PM   #7
///Mperative
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: like grandma

Garage List
2014 BMW 550xi  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Damn. That is some bullshit. I don't know if I could have stopped myself from punching her square in the face.
      10-29-2010, 10:41 PM   #8
signes
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 RS

Speechless... Sounds like you showed a lot of self control. Hope the car gets fixed up soon.
      10-29-2010, 10:42 PM   #9
kaykay
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP

Garage List
She deserves to go to jail, I'd press charges no question. If you have a driver's license you must obey the rules of the road, if you chose not, it's your decision and you should and will pay for your stupidity.

Hope she gets fucked by the long dick of the law
'08 550i M-Sport, Carbon Black (Gone but not forgotten), '06 W211 E55 AMG (Gone, miss this animal),'01 E39 540i Sport
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 10:47 PM   #10
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: IS 300

Garage List
Why is someone filming the security camera screen???

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 10:57 PM   #11
TheKosherStogie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 DCT AW/Red

so sorry bro...hope it all works out
BW C13 - 1:57:2
ACS - 1:49:6
WSIR - 1:30:6
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 11:03 PM   #12
Day Laborer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS / iX 50i

Garage List
  [0.00]
I'm sorry about what happen. I certainly hope that you press charges against her, regardless of how badly she will suffer from DUI.

1st time DUI isn't likely to have her serve any jail time. Its people who drink and drive like this who kill other people on the road.

Think about it, if that person has the audacity to "hit and run" and attempt to steal your car(attempted grand larceny). That person probably would drive away if she hit a pedestrian.

I would file civil charges as well. Make her really pay.
If she can afford a Merc, she can afford a decent lawyer that will probably get her off with a restricted license.

I would make it worth while to make her really learn her lesson.

Just my 2 cents.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 11:19 PM   #13
Falcon Keeper
USAF/ Veteran/ F-16 Crew Chief
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Atlantis Blue Metallic M4

Garage List
2012 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
What a fucking bitch!

- Greg Professional Table Flipper
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 11:22 PM   #14
sA x sKy
Sameet
Bangladesh
Rep
Drives: AY/B M4 '15

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Holy shit. Watching that video made me very angry and sad at the same time. I commend you for your self-control. If that was me, I wouldn't be able to stop myself from killing her.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 11:31 PM   #15
Alex@Alpine
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///mmmKevin View Post
HOLY SHIT!!!! That's effing nuts! Glad to see you're okay bro!
Thank you man

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpneverdies View Post
just wondering, u couldn't followed her as soon as she took off?
i bet u'd caught up to her within 5 sec.
The car is very low with the RD Sport Front bumper and the coilovers on the lowest setting, I had to corner out of the lot, watch out for potholes! I did find her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Lin View Post
What a BITC*!!! Glad you are okay.
Thank you man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmelgy View Post
Lmao u posted up the vid!!!! Haha I feel so bad. Loving the 10,000k, but wish it was as bright as the 8. Good luck alex
Happy to see your enjoying your HID AEs, 10K is blue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
DUI will basically destroy her life for the next 3 years. Won't have a car, can't get to work on time, arrest record, insurance rate hike, embaressment...

Good thing you kept your cool.
My long time friend was always a crazy drunk, I would always babysit him when he was drunk, so I guess this was kind of a walk in the park for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewlef View Post
Damn. That is some bullshit. I don't know if I could have stopped myself from punching her square in the face.
Yeah, if I get the 911 tape I'll show you guys, I was super calm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by signes View Post
Speechless... Sounds like you showed a lot of self control. Hope the car gets fixed up soon.
Thank you man, already at the body shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
She deserves to go to jail, I'd press charges no question. If you have a driver's license you must obey the rules of the road, if you chose not, it's your decision and you should and will pay for your stupidity.

Hope she gets fucked by the long dick of the law
Well she is already getting a DUI, from the sounds of it, this was not her first, so I think she is in big trouble with the DUI alone, I wouldn't want her to spend time in jail on a battery charge, I'm more then double her size, her hits did not effect me, I did feel it the next day though, gave me a huge headache, nothing I couldn't get over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoutnj89 View Post
Why is someone filming the security camera screen???
The camera system did not have a DVD drive, nor USB ports, so I was forced to record the screen, I was very lucky the 7-11 manager was a very nice guy and let me get the footage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD View Post
so sorry bro...hope it all works out
Thank you man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day Laborer View Post
I'm sorry about what happen. I certainly hope that you press charges against her, regardless of how badly she will suffer from DUI.

1st time DUI isn't likely to have her serve any jail time. Its people who drink and drive like this who kill other people on the road.

Think about it, if that person has the audacity to "hit and run" and attempt to steal your car(attempted grand larceny). That person probably would drive away if she hit a pedestrian.

I would file civil charges as well. Make her really pay.
If she can afford a Merc, she can afford a decent lawyer that will probably get her off with a restricted license.

I would make it worth while to make her really learn her lesson.

Just my 2 cents.
I mean, I am hearing this from all my buddies, "SUE HER YOU'LL MAKE A LOT OF MONEY" blah blah, it is just not me, I do not feel right doing it, the girl was young, and I have made mistakes (nothing like this) and people have forgiven me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Hawk View Post
What a fucking bitch!
Tell me about it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sA x sKy View Post
Holy shit. Watching that video made me very angry and sad at the same time. I commend you for your self-control. If that was me, I wouldn't be able to stop myself from killing her.
Thank you
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 11:31 PM   #16
mexicanmike
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E93 Jerez Black

To be honest, its gonna sound like a dick move, but you should press charges. A first time DUI does not have as great of an effect as one might think. There are so many BS systems set up to "Help" these kinds of people its stupid.

Before anyone goes and tells me I am wrong, which hey I could be, my sister recently got a DUI. Did she have trouble, yes. Does she not have the ability to drive to work, take her kid to school, ect.......NO. She is free to drive to work, and any other place as long as it is necessary. I feel it is complete and utter BS, but this is how the system works.

If I would you I would def press charges. Not only did she hit you, She attempted to f***ing kill you. Oh, that sounds extreme? No not really, she tried to use her vehicle to "back over you". A person that shows that little regard deserves to be behind bars.

No doubt she is either some spoiled little rich b**ch or one of those self-entitled losers who milks the system to buy nice things (that looked like a merc). People work the system, and sadly it has been worked on so long, it now protects them. File charges, make her pay for what she did. No doubt her ignorant ass still won't learn, but who knows, even a dog learns every once in a while when he is punished.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 11:34 PM   #17
e92_m3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 m3

Glad your OK man. It's a VERY smart thing that you also kept your cool.

The DUI charge will affect her life one way or another.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 11:39 PM   #18
Alex@Alpine
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexicanmike View Post
To be honest, its gonna sound like a dick move, but you should press charges. A first time DUI does not have as great of an effect as one might think. There are so many BS systems set up to "Help" these kinds of people its stupid.

Before anyone goes and tells me I am wrong, which hey I could be, my sister recently got a DUI. Did she have trouble, yes. Does she not have the ability to drive to work, take her kid to school, ect.......NO. She is free to drive to work, and any other place as long as it is necessary. I feel it is complete and utter BS, but this is how the system works.

If I would you I would def press charges. Not only did she hit you, She attempted to f***ing kill you. Oh, that sounds extreme? No not really, she tried to use her vehicle to "back over you". A person that shows that little regard deserves to be behind bars.

No doubt she is either some spoiled little rich b**ch or one of those self-entitled losers who milks the system to buy nice things (that looked like a merc). People work the system, and sadly it has been worked on so long, it now protects them. File charges, make her pay for what she did. No doubt her ignorant ass still won't learn, but who knows, even a dog learns every once in a while when he is punished.
I see exactly where you are coming from, other then DUI's in California being costly, they go very easy on DUI drivers, I know someone who got two DUI's and still has a SR22, which allows him to drive to and from work, all he does is carry a brief case with paperwork and acts as he is always working and his fine.

Battery charges on the other hand, will effect your record forever, they do background checks on loans even these days, and that would just suck!
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 11:50 PM   #19
rabman5
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: none

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@Alpine View Post
Battery charges on the other hand, will effect your record forever, they do background checks on loans even these days, and that would just suck!
Which is exactly why most people don't get drunk and punch people. Press charges and then forgive the bitch. She DESERVES to be charged. Glad you stayed calm.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 11:51 PM   #20
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@Alpine View Post
I see exactly where you are coming from, other then DUI's in California being costly, they go very easy on DUI drivers, I know someone who got two DUI's and still has a SR22, which allows him to drive to and from work, all he does is carry a brief case with paperwork and acts as he is always working and his fine.

You should still sue her for all the damages you and your car sustained in the Civil Court. I know in CA you cannot sue for diminished value of your car, but you can make her pay for the physical and psychological damages that she caused you. Basically, she tried to kill you by backing her car into you. She deserves no mercy.
      10-29-2010, 11:51 PM   #21
GewoW
#thatsanicemovebro
Greece
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 LSB/Black 6MT

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [9.34]
commendable for not pressing charges...it depends on the person at fault i guess. it seems like you made a decision on the spot and i trust you made the right one.

glad you're OK. car looked awesome
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 11:52 PM   #22
Nine
Banned
Rep
Drives: Not ZCP, FML.

That is a really great story, without the video I'd probably call bs.
Appreciate 0