BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

EXXEL Distributions

11-19-2012, 11:34 AM   #23
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMME30W View Post
I've never had any issues with Costco on five BMWs over 8 years.

Costco near me has good flow (clean filters) and are very busy (fresh gas).

BTW, they recently reformulated their gas:

http://www.costco.com/gasoline-clean-power.html

"As our valued member, you expect Costco to always offer the finest quality products at the best possible price. Gasoline is no exception. Costco has closely studied fuel additives and engine deposits, and conducted extensive fuel tests at nationally-recognized laboratories. As a result, we decided to increase the detergent additives in our fuel to provide a better value to our members. Cleaner engines run better, run longer, and they pollute less.

Costco gas with Kirkland Signature Clean Power detergent additives contains five times the EPA detergent requirement. Clean Power doesn't just keep your engine clean - it also helps remove any existing deposits. Costco Gasoline - Something good just got better!"
Costco actually is one the largest gas wholesalers on the west coast. Large gasoline companies actually buy gas from Costco facilities, add their own additive packages and then sell it to customers. So whether you buy gas from Costco or not, that gas may actually come from Costco...
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2012, 02:42 PM   #24
Khrishna
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Internet Bullshitters are annoying.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2012, 03:08 PM   #25
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbennettksu View Post
right
Now does BMWNA make money on a fuel injector flush a dealer sell you?

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2012, 03:24 PM   #26
nbennettksu
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: DV F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Now does BMWNA make money on a fuel injector flush a dealer sell you?

its their parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchu221 View Post
the wheels make me mad...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhabs View Post
It's one thing for some buffoon to put an M badge on something that doesn't deserve it...it's another for a multi-billion dollar corporation to do the exact same thing and keep a straight face.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2012, 03:42 PM   #27
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khrishna View Post
I know I was a little harsh, but people's business and income can be affected by some random post by someone who speaks like they know the truth.
It's one thing to say, "I would never put Costco gas in my car" and an ENTIRELY different thing to say "costco gas will plug up your injectors."

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbennettksu View Post
its their parts
I don't know man. I doubt BMWAG or BMWNA care about any fuel injector service, particularly when it's out of warranty. They sure as hell don't care about the gunked up intake runner in the Direct Injection motors since it doesn't become a problem until after the warranty, and is not covered under the CPO warranty.

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2012, 08:00 PM   #28
Rich_Jenkins
Riff Raff Refugee
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ram 1500

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
ha! which confirms that they did cut corners on their premium gas in the past. It's likely okay now for all high performance cars that require premium.
Hm, maybe so. I dunno since I also used Costco almost exclusively in my E46 as well as our 2007 E91.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
Costco actually is one the largest gas wholesalers on the west coast. Large gasoline companies actually buy gas from Costco facilities, add their own additive packages and then sell it to customers. So whether you buy gas from Costco or not, that gas may actually come from Costco...
Interesting...didn't know that.
Character does count. For too long we have gotten by in a society that says the only thing right is to get by and the only thing wrong is to get caught. Character is doing what's right when nobody is looking... " --J. C. Watts
Appreciate 0