BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

BPM

10-14-2011, 11:10 PM   #1
Chowster
E60_to_E90
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Close cop encounter, and some good luck!

Driving home today, I was about to make a routine right-hand turn onto the highway on-ramp. Cruising about 80, click off a heart-warming 5-3 DCT downshift with the appropriate rev-match in S4, and made a moderately quick turn onto the ramp....

... to be faced with 2 RCMP cruisers parked on the shoulder and two officers standing on the side of the road!

No tire squealing, no sliding, no sideways action, no MDM intervention. I wasn't going THAT fast. Of course, I get waved down and pulled over. Here's how the conversation goes:

Officer: Why were you speeding?

Me: Just getting around the corner onto the highway. I'm really sorry about that.

O: You were going pretty quick. Almost on 2 wheels. [not sure if he was kidding - wasn't even close]

Me: I really do apologize.

O: Can I see your driver's license please? How's your driving record?

Me: Here you go. Record's clean. [really, it is.]

O: Mr. Chowster? Just slow down a bit. Probably hard in a car like this. Drive safe.

PHEW!

And off I went onto the highway!!! Good thing I didn't do a more aggressive 5-2 downshift with some serious rev-matching and push it for fun. Some good luck for me today! I think they were out doing seatbelt and cellphone checks. Why else would they hang out on the highway on-ramp?

Appreciate 0
      10-15-2011, 12:28 AM   #2
bunnn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: like a grandma

Not sure how it goes with RCMP, but I would never say anything remotely close to incriminating myself. It goes without saying to be polite, but I would never admit to speeding or apologizing about any "excessive speed" or "cornering." But glad to hear you got off.
      10-15-2011, 12:32 AM   #3
Chowster
E60_to_E90
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnn View Post
Not sure how it goes with RCMP, but I would never say anything remotely close to incriminating myself. It goes without saying to be polite, but I would never admit to speeding or apologizing about any "excessive speed" or "cornering." But glad to hear you got off.
Thanks Ben. I didn't want to admit or deny to speeding. I was trying to just imply to the officer that I was turning the corner... neither fast nor slow. Hard to think about what to say diplomatically when I'm staring at a ticket or two.

Maybe the car seats in the back helped with my good image. :P
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2011, 08:49 AM   #4
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
They simply stopped you since they wanted a closer look at your car

... this I was told was another encounter with the officer hiding behind a tree with his radar gun ... he stopped this young lady in her convertible ...

Officer; Young lady I've been waiting for you all day!

Young Lady; Officer I came as fast as I could!

Both had a good then he let her go with a warning telling her as he handed her the warning ...

"next time go a bit slower, I'll be here all day no worries"

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2011, 09:02 AM   #5
NYCM3ryder
Razzor
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB E90 M3

nice glad you got away... being polite always helps...

2011 E90, 6 speed, technology package, black 220 rims , EDC, moon roof, matt black grills, matte side grills, 15% carbon tints, carbon fiber M pedals, ACS roof wing, IND painted reflectors, mfest black gloss m3badges, Mfest side window stickers, Tuner MS 15mm spacers, Carbon fiber M foot pedals, MS air filter, RPI air scoops, euro switch mod
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2011, 06:16 PM   #6
mmm def
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21 330, 19 ND2 RF, 11 RX350

Next time you won't be so lucky. Glad you got off free today
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2011, 08:34 PM   #7
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
Canada