BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!
Closed Thread

03-28-2009, 10:09 PM   #155
Brown Stud
He aint my president
India
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Did they refund the money yet?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2009, 10:46 PM   #156
PunjabiM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Stud View Post
Did they refund the money yet?
Nope. I think the only way I will get it back is if the credit card company realizes what is going on and after contacting 360 realizes that I AM telling the truth. If 360 is indeed a legit company and has some dignity, they should have no problem giving me a full refund given how long I have been waiting and to make up for their poor customer service and excuses...
2024 718 GT4 RS | Arctic Grey
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2009, 11:03 PM   #157
Brown Stud
He aint my president
India
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

If only this company was in India, this situation would of be handled a lot different.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2009, 02:20 PM   #158
m34jlp
Wheel Whore
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunjabiM3 View Post
Nope. I think the only way I will get it back is if the credit card company realizes what is going on and after contacting 360 realizes that I AM telling the truth. If 360 is indeed a legit company and has some dignity, they should have no problem giving me a full refund given how long I have been waiting and to make up for their poor customer service and excuses...
If I understand correctly the problem you had with 360 is that they did not have your tires (along with the wait which I completely understand---i was also getting frustrated but i already knew it would be a wait)...they aren't a tire shop...they manufacture wheels and help you out by getting tires. This would be the equivalent of getting mad at hre, volk, whoever for not having tires to supply you. If you want tires why not order the wheels through a 3rd party---*******perts, wheelsboutique, etc who have more tire suppliers---its what they do---sell wheels and tires.

With that said I had been waiting for my wheels for quite sometime and finally got the call the other day..."a customer canceled his order, if you like this finish take them and we will refinish later free of charge but we dont have tires."

Luckily I found some in west palm beach...they unmounted tires from their personal car so i could use them friday night and then saturday i could make the 1.5 hour trip to get my new tires installed...I state this because you could've done the same...tirerack.com and you would've had your tires tomorrow...they were ready...they really didn't have tires and their suppliers didn't have any either.

I actually like this finish more than what I had originally ordered so anyways here are a few pics...its raining so they kinda suck but a full shoot is coming soon...im not sure how to resize so if anyone wants to help me out i will edit
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2009, 06:24 PM   #159
PunjabiM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m34jlp View Post
If I understand correctly the problem you had with 360 is that they did not have your tires (along with the wait which I completely understand---i was also getting frustrated but i already knew it would be a wait)...they aren't a tire shop...they manufacture wheels and help you out by getting tires. This would be the equivalent of getting mad at hre, volk, whoever for not having tires to supply you. If you want tires why not order the wheels through a 3rd party---*******perts, wheelsboutique, etc who have more tire suppliers---its what they do---sell wheels and tires.

With that said I had been waiting for my wheels for quite sometime and finally got the call the other day..."a customer canceled his order, if you like this finish take them and we will refinish later free of charge but we dont have tires."

Luckily I found some in west palm beach...they unmounted tires from their personal car so i could use them friday night and then saturday i could make the 1.5 hour trip to get my new tires installed...I state this because you could've done the same...tirerack.com and you would've had your tires tomorrow...they were ready...they really didn't have tires and their suppliers didn't have any either.

I actually like this finish more than what I had originally ordered so anyways here are a few pics...its raining so they kinda suck but a full shoot is coming soon...im not sure how to resize so if anyone wants to help me out i will edit
Well congrats look like you got the wheels that I had ordered. I'm pretty sure the customer they told you about that canceled would be me unless someone else also ordered Mesh 8 in that same finish and recently canceled their order.

So to 360: what is the problem now in giving me the refund I asked for? Not only were the wheels sure late, but you have already passed them on to another customer. There better be a refund on my card within a day or two for the full amount...
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2009, 06:27 PM   #160
PunjabiM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Oh and btw the reason I bought the entire package including wheels and tires from 360 was because they were able to offer me the same or better package price than any of the vendors that sold 360 plus I figured it is better to order directly from the company than a vendor (not true is what I learned). Further, the M3 is my only car and it is much easier for me to receive everything mounted and balanced so I can just jack the car up and change everything out. It would be a pain in the ass for me to arrange for having the wheels taken to a shop I trust to mount the tires and then bring them back to my place. There is such a thing as convenience.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2009, 07:15 PM   #161
2thdr
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 Macan GTS/'18 GT3/''21 X5M

Call the Attorney General...
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2009, 07:50 PM   #162
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
they "help you out by getting tires?" that's an interesting way of putting it. the bottomline is that if tires are the cause of serious delays, 360 should stop "helping" their customers out by providing tires at all. common sense would tell their management to just offer wheels only and leave it to the customer to come up with a tire solution.

Quote:
i would be seriously worried about "refinish later free of charge."

Quote:
if you could have tires by tomorrow through tirerack, why can't 360 forged have them tomorrow through tirerack?

Quote:
wheels look sharp for sure though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2thdr View Post
Call the Attorney General...
      03-30-2009, 06:14 AM   #163
BHairsto
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M2

Garage List
2016 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Windy View Post
they "help you out by getting tires?" that's an interesting way of putting it. the bottomline is that if tires are the cause of serious delays, 360 should stop "helping" their customers out by providing tires at all. common sense would tell their management to just offer wheels only and leave it to the customer to come up with a tire solution.

i would be seriously worried about "refinish later free of charge."

if you could have tires by tomorrow through tirerack, why can't 360 forged have them tomorrow through tirerack?

wheels look sharp for sure though!

Spot on, Big Windy. It seems that there will always be a certain number of people who will continue to find excuses to justify poor customer service. That is exactly why some companies are not motivated to improve their business practices. Anyone who runs a business that depends on outside suppliers knows that there will be times at which they have to make adjustments to cover for problems at the supply end.

The fact that the OP has yet to receive a refund is more troublesome and inexplicable, but it is evident that there are many people who will still be willing to throw hard-earned money at 360 in the wake of this. I am very grateful to the OP for bringing this story to the forum - 360 was at the very top of my shopping list prior to seeing this thread (great designs, great advertising, etc.), but I can't even consider giving them my business now. Whether the OP is entirely in the right in this case really doesn't matter - these events coupled with those on MBWorld and the Corvette forum are enough evidence to me that 360 has serious CS issues - at a very minimum, 360 appears to have a problem with honest communication. I don't see any other custom wheel manufacturer currently experiencing this type of drama filling orders, so I don't see how anyone can write these events off as being the result of a few unreasonable people spouting off on the internet.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2009, 11:32 AM   #164
argonboy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 Space Gray

Quote:

Holy shit, in the 3rd photo those back wheels look like they're off a C4 Corvette.

In a general convention of tasteful wheels, if your rim sticks out significantly over your tire you are not ballin...

Anyway, enjoy the new wheels, I guess in Florida fashion they should be popular.

As Big Windy said, the only 2 things they would be helping regarding the tires are: a) taking the customer's money. b) taking the responsibility of mounting.

They make money on that because the customers pay for the tires at the same time with the wheels (someone can correct me if you pay for tires later when ordering direct from 360), if you would get them from tirerack you'd only pay for the tires 3 months or however many month after you pay for the wheels.
      03-30-2009, 11:44 AM   #165
m34jlp
Wheel Whore
Rep

Not really sure how a c4 has anything to do with a tire not being wide enough but you are right I got a smaller tire on there because the correct size was not available right now...i agree i need a bit more rubber out back and on the front as well...i should have 255/30/20 and 295 or 305/25/20 but ended up with 245/30/20 and 285/25/20

anyways my intention wasnt to throw throw this thread off (just to show the wheels were ready) so i will be posting a new thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by argonboy View Post
Holy shit, in the 3rd photo those back wheels look like they're off a C4 Corvette.

In a general convention of tasteful wheels, if your rim sticks out significantly over your tire you are not ballin...

Anyway, enjoy the new wheels, I guess in Florida fashion they should be popular.

As Big Windy said, the only 2 things they would be helping regarding the tires are: a) taking the customer's money. b) taking the responsibility of mounting.

They make money on that because the customers pay for the tires at the same time with the wheels (someone can correct me if you pay for tires later when ordering direct from 360), if you would get them from tirerack you'd only pay for the tires 3 months or however many month after you pay for the wheels.

Last edited by m34jlp; 03-30-2009 at 01:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2009, 04:22 PM   #166
StrifeM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13E92 MCB M3 18 F80M3 Atlantis

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHairsto View Post
Spot on, Big Windy. It seems that there will always be a certain number of people who will continue to find excuses to justify poor customer service. That is exactly why some companies are not motivated to improve their business practices. Anyone who runs a business that depends on outside suppliers knows that there will be times at which they have to make adjustments to cover for problems at the supply end.

The fact that the OP has yet to receive a refund is more troublesome and inexplicable, but it is evident that there are many people who will still be willing to throw hard-earned money at 360 in the wake of this. I am very grateful to the OP for bringing this story to the forum - 360 was at the very top of my shopping list prior to seeing this thread (great designs, great advertising, etc.), but I can't even consider giving them my business now. Whether the OP is entirely in the right in this case really doesn't matter - these events coupled with those on MBWorld and the Corvette forum are enough evidence to me that 360 has serious CS issues - at a very minimum, 360 appears to have a problem with honest communication. I don't see any other custom wheel manufacturer currently experiencing this type of drama filling orders, so I don't see how anyone can write these events off as being the result of a few unreasonable people spouting off on the internet.

You are correct I would do the same, I ordered my rims last year in august and received them at the end of the november. I love the wheels bigups to miguel he helped me out. Sometimes a little bit of patients is good. Sorry the OP is not having such a good experience. I find it hard for them to refund money when probably the rims are already made and in the final stages....just my 02 cents. Based on my experience, i would order from them again. There in florida yes but to me it doenst matter because I'm still waiting on bump stops from AUTOTALENT and there less than 20 minutes away. You want to talk about bad CS, there local and i have been waiting for 2 and half months for a part

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1000 View Post
After buying the M, I now consider oil companies drug dealers.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2009, 10:23 PM   #167
mig28
Major
Rep
Drives: She's black, wild, 'n hawt!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunjabiM3 View Post
Oh don't worry, if it comes down to that I will take more than just a lawyer with me to Miami.

just bring sharukhan to miami thou lol..j/k hehehhe
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2009, 10:56 PM   #168
Islika153
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M3 coupe Space Grey

what size are these rims 20x?? front 20x?? rear. and what spacers you using?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2009, 11:03 PM   #169
m34jlp
Wheel Whore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islika153 View Post
what size are these rims 20x?? front 20x?? rear. and what spacers you using?
Guys lets keep the thread on topic...i have another thread on the wheels...

they are 20x9 and 20x10.5...no spacers
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 12:56 AM   #170
wannatripp
Private
Rep
Drives: '09 Apline White "Machine"3

360 is a fraud company.. m34 is a part of them... look at the IP address.. it matches the 360forge account... what a fruad company trying to hide still... dont fall for this guys..
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 01:22 AM   #171
AMJ_77
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3 M-DCT

wow....
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 02:01 AM   #172
timo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 AW M3

Ok guys , well after much stress , ive finally recieved my wheels on Tuesday , got them on same day as i had to leave the country for 5 weeks , took some crappy camera phone pics , will take some better ones when i get back home . Wheels are perfect fitment and i am very pleased with the product ,unfortunately after i posted this thread customer service for me was improved drastically , i hope this is the case across the board now , i think these guys need some more employees in there , but they do produce a good product , now i would say the wheels are worth the wait .... what u guys think about the wheels?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 02:07 AM   #173
AMJ_77
Captain
Canada
Rep

very nice but I don't think I would have combined the glossy lip with the matte black meshing
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 02:11 AM   #174
m34jlp
Wheel Whore
Rep

i wish i knew how to prove otherwise (through ip) but i dont but i can see why these threads have alot of truth and alot of bs...

i havent defended 360 one time (if it came of differently sorry...not my intention)...i stated a couple facts based on my experience...but here are a few more:

1. after reading all these threads i almost canceled my order
2. if it wasnt for punjabim3 canceling his order i wouldve canceled (i wasnt willing to wait)
3.i dont think they are a "fraud" company...have they made big mistakes...yes...hell they know that
4.if i was willing to wait would i order again? yes
5.the kicker: i know miguel...did i bitch at him for the order taking alot longer...yes
6.does it help i know him: yes
7.if i was thousands of miles away would my view be different: probably yes

like all my posts just the facts...if you arent willing to wait 3 weeks -whatever amount of time dont order

wannatripp,
ur probably in miami...and probably one of the hundreds of ther wheel companies down here...beat them by doing better not talking crap...they havent talked bad about any of the other companies down here...and there is plenty of problems down here

just seems to me all your posts have to do with them...

Miguel,
i hope you dont get pissed at this but i rather put the facts (from my side) out there other than bs'ing...

Last edited by m34jlp; 04-03-2009 at 08:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 02:22 AM   #175
timo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 AW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMJ_77 View Post
very nice but I don't think I would have combined the glossy lip with the matte black meshing

looks great in person , im happy with them
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 03:30 AM   #176
AMJ_77
Captain
Canada
Rep

Good to hear I love the lip. Looks aggressive and black is awesome on the AW
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread