BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

07-21-2012, 05:51 PM   #23
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
there has to be something wrong with this car there just has to be. a dealer not wanting to make profit will never be seen in a million years to come hahahah but op good job i think you are taking very good cautious steps in deciding whether or not to purchase this vehicle keep us updated
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 03:39 AM   #24
dagolfpro
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

I don't trust Carfax. Once the car is bought by a dealer, they don't have to report anything so whatever work they did, it does not show up on a carfax.

Have you checked the local BBB? Maybe call local Indy shops if they've heard of KD motors. If you really want the car, fly out there and check out the car in person and get a PPI done before you make a $40k+ purchase.
Mods List: Evolve Exhaust | M Perf Steering Wheel | Tint | Lux | Hardwired V1 | KW V3 | Volshlag CP | Brembo BBK | BBS FI | Yokohama AD08 R| Schroth 4 Point Harness | Challenge GT Diffuser | OEM GTS Wing| GTS Lip| I lied earlier, I wasn't done with mod, but I swear, I'm done now, no more mods...
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 09:36 AM   #25
nasa60
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan

Better yet, if they are willing to ship the car to you for free and pay to ship it back if you dont like it, they should be willing to pay for your airfare to come see it instead. Tell them you will drive it home if it checks out. See what they say. If they start coming up with excuses not to do that, you know something is wrong.
      07-22-2012, 10:49 AM   #26
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

if they're shipping it to you for free and you have to "wire money", then it's a scam. But it's a tough call as they're on a USAA approved dealer list. I would just go and check it out. Take it to a dealer and ask them inspect it for signs of damage repair
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 10:51 AM   #27
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

separately, have you seen the street view of their location:

44 Century Drive, Wheeling, IL 60090

where exactly is the car lot? Looks more like an office location. Most car dealers would love to give you their lot address so you can go by and see them. Why would they not display it on the webpage?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2012, 11:09 AM   #28
ucla95
Striker
Rep
Drives: Slow cars

Have you posted in the Midwest forum?
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 09:53 AM   #29
trex858
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 m3 DCT Le Mans Blue

I am going to put it in the midwest forum right now and see what comes of it. Also going to contact some local shops and see if these guys have any sort of reputation.

They dont seem very motivated to move the car since it always takes a day or more to return my emails and it is very difficult to contact them via phone.

They are charging me for shipping and the cost is $500 and i still haven't received any of the paperwork. This is getting more and more fishy with every passing day.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 09:58 AM   #30
spdy330
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 05 Tundra, 15 FIT, 17 CRV

Run forest run....

There is a sucker born everyday, don't let it be you!

You will find something better and closer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trex858 View Post
I am going to put it in the midwest forum right now and see what comes of it. Also going to contact some local shops and see if these guys have any sort of reputation.

They dont seem very motivated to move the car since it always takes a day or more to return my emails and it is very difficult to contact them via phone.

They are charging me for shipping and the cost is $500 and i still haven't received any of the paperwork. This is getting more and more fishy with every passing day.
If you will be purchasing ANY AT&T services online or in store could you mention that you were referred by me? My Employee Referral ID is eo4489. This would be a great help and it costs you nothing, thank you!
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 02:39 PM   #31
ohhdear
E92 Hopeful.
Rep
Drives: None yet.

There are other fish in the sea, other cars out there. Wait for the right one and you'll know it. If that many variables seem off, just walk away. What's the hurry, what's the pressure? The money may be burning a hole in your pocket, but you could very well be left with nothing in the end if you're not careful. Like people said, if their response is slow, they don't seem motivated to sell, if it's fishy, an unknown dealer, you have to wire the money, they are difficult to contact, there is no dealer lot you can see, etc, etc, just back away slowly while you can and keep looking.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 03:06 PM   #32
trex858
Private
Rep

Agreed on all counts. I am done with this one.

Case closed.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2012, 05:39 PM   #33
Xx__xs
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: m6

dealer website looks like a 3 year old made it lmao

http://www.kdmotorsale.com/

Who the hell uses a comic sans lookalike font on an official website
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 03:36 PM   #34
trex858
Private
Rep

Just wanted to update everyone and share the documents they gave me. I told them no thank you and to sell the car to someone else. My personal info and their bank routing numbers were taken off all of these.

Hard to believe it took them 4 days to create the contracts.

Turned out to be a very weird situation, as we all know. Even though i had made up my mind on not buying the car last week, I still wanted to speak with their general manager listed on the forms and oddly enough, she has been in a meeting since 7am pacific time this morning until now 1:30pm. How convenient!

I am going to be reporting the whole thing to USAA and hopefully they can take a little more consideration when promoting their clients to do business with these types of "dealers" or whatever they are.

Maybe someone will get a great car for cheap or just a huge mess but after talking with these guys, I'm glad I am not getting anything from them.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf BILL OF SALE .pdf (183.6 KB, 157 views)
File Type: pdf Contract .pdf (226.3 KB, 170 views)
File Type: pdf Purchase Agreement .pdf (187.9 KB, 152 views)
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 04:03 PM   #35
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

I would not trust that place. The listings look fake. The pictures of all the cars is already alarming.

They are all taken at different locations with different angles and plates blocked out. Why would a car seller take pictures at different locations? Some of the places look like private home drive ways too.

Definitely a scam.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 05:52 PM   #36
PutterMcGavin
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '01 E39 M5, '08 E61 535xi

Yeah that isn't right.

Not that it is a major red flag but it caught my eye immediately, they use the word "Enquire" rather than "Inquire" in the ads on their page. While not wrong per se, Inquire is used more in American English whereas Enquire is more British English. Teaching British English is also more prevalent in Europe and Africa in countries such as Nigeria. Think there were a couple scams originating from there at some point

Also a 'US' number would be easy to get with Google Voice and like services that forward the number on to a computer anywhere in the world. Tricky, tricky.
      07-24-2012, 06:26 PM   #37
odiesback
2021 330ix
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 330ix

Garage List
Those documents: WOW!!!! For a transaction of that magnitute... not even an attempt to look legit... glad you got out of it

Former: 2012 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Extended FR | DCT | Premium | Competition | BMW Apps | M Performance Exhaust | CF Front Splitters | V1 M Steering Wheel
Appreciate 0