BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

BPM

03-18-2012, 03:15 AM   #1
Pacofong
PAF
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E92 m3 GTS edition

A scratch on the leather seat !

Did anyone can tell me how to make the scratch on the seat disappear ?? Cause last time I had scratch my leather seat by the keys careless !
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2012, 08:25 AM   #2
radiofrequency
Field Marshall
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 ZCP, 2021 M2 Comp

You might be aware of this, however, your seats are dyed to their existing color. If you are a competent DYI'r, and have patience, you can effect a repair. I mention patience, as many are looking for a "quick fix" to minor cosmetic repairs. If you have the time and want to complete the repair yourself, go here: http://www.leatherique.com/

If you want to have someone else repair it, call your local BMW dealer and ask them who they use for leather repair. Their might be someone in your town providing such services, ask them for references and before/after photographs. The good news is that this is repairable.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2012, 08:55 PM   #3
Pacofong
PAF
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E92 m3 GTS edition

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 04:19 PM   #4
lxada269
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

I too, have scratched my leather seats. Are any of the leather repair kits at, say, Pep Boys (Autozone, etc.) good enough?

Also, what's the best product for leather upkeep, and how often should I use it?
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 06:44 AM   #5
radiofrequency
Field Marshall
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 ZCP, 2021 M2 Comp

Leather Care

If you want bullet proof leather care you'll need to do Leatherique about once a year. The manufacturers of Leatherique also sell leather repair kits. You drive a >$80 000 car; I doubt anything from Pep Boys will remedy the problem that you describe. I have been using Leatherique products for over 10 years and can attest to their quality as can many on these boards. Using Leatherique to clean and condition leather is a process, and requires some patience, however, the result is well worth it. Take the time to research and learn from their website: http://www.leatherique.com/

Decide first if you want to engage in leather repair, anyone can do it, however, it is a process to order the correct materials and dye color. As a moderate DYI'r for instance, I replaced my interior trim with OEM Carbon Fiber, and will use Leatherique to clean and condition my leather, however, I will leave leather repairs to the professionals, as I do with Paintless Dent Repair.
Appreciate 0