BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

03-19-2016, 11:27 PM   #1
robbiebaguio
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Vinyl Wrapping a Car

Hey guys, I have been quoted $700 for a respray of my rear bump and rear driver side fender due to some paint damages from the previous owner. With that amount of money, it got me thinking about just doing a vinyl wrap since I get to choose my favorite color- matte red. Gonna end up spending a lot more, but shes gonna get a huge makeover. Anyone have experience with vinyl wrapping their car? Thoughts and suggestions? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2016, 01:13 AM   #2
TheYoungConnoisseur
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Your car at the track

Ive wrapped a sportbike.

Would do a car or bike again but it would have to be a camo pattern like the crazy arctic camo on lambos etc so it hides imperfections. material cost is 4-700$ for the car
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2016, 01:16 AM   #3
robbiebaguio
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYoungConnoisseur View Post
Ive wrapped a sportbike.

Would do a car or bike again but it would have to be a camo pattern like the crazy arctic camo on lambos etc so it hides imperfections. material cost is 4-700$ for the car
What do you mean by imperfections? On the wrap? Also, how much do you think would it cost for a full wrap? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2016, 10:08 AM   #4
Bucki14
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 DCT | Lotus Evora 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiebaguio View Post
What do you mean by imperfections? On the wrap? Also, how much do you think would it cost for a full wrap? Thanks!
I you're going to have someone wrap your car 2.5-3.5K for wrap

Instagram: boostedtrav_
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/boostedtrav
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2016, 01:52 PM   #5
TheYoungConnoisseur
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Your car at the track

Yeah it's absurd the profits and labor involved for a shop to wrap. I always always quoted 4-6k in south Florida so I did it myself on a race bike first which as it turns out was a of 10x harder due to all the crazy shapes.

Yes I was talking about imperfections in the wrap due to amateur application. You can totally make a camo or pattern job come out "perfect" tho. But regular colors I wouldn't do myself h less it was easy shapes like an m3
Appreciate 0