BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW

05-05-2012, 07:15 PM   #1
Verify
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Evolve-R tune

I'm looking for some answers or feedback. I have a full catless exhaust, since thats the best first mod, hands down. We get the power we want and an awesome sounding car that makes.it even more invigorating to drive...

With the burger tuning dp fix, no cel, I thought that would be enough..

Well, its not. I feel like I lost some mid-range umph when I went catless. I don't even care about topend since I rarely go there, although it would be nice.

Being so happy with Evolves previous stuff, I want to know, basically confirming what I already believe I know, if current users can share some feedback.

Will I get the midrange back?
How do you like the higher rev limit?
How easy is the flash process?
How easy is it to update?
How would you rate Evolves customer service?
Overall, would you recommend it?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2012, 08:41 PM   #2
flipm3
E46 + E90 + F80
Rep
Drives: E46 + E90 + F80

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Although I can't speak about having a catless setup, since my car is otherwise stock aside from the Evolve Tune. I can try to answer some of your questions.

1) I did gain some nice midrange power that increases and pulls to redline.

2) I've really only hit the 8600RPM once or twice. It happens so fast and pulls rather strong.

3) Flashing process is so easy and fast, especially with the updated version of the evolve-R PC software. It probably takes a max of 5min to load the tune onto your car.

4) Incredibly easy to update. Evolve can send you the files just the same, flash the car the same, takes a few minutes.

5) Evolve's customer service is top notch. They have been very accommodating and informative. From them alone, I have learned a lot about how our cars work, how tuning works, how to dyno. They also answer a lot of other non-tuning questions regarding cars.

6) I would highly recommend it. They've done a lot of work on my E46 M3 and it was only natural to point to them for my E90 M3.

Evolve can also update your DME to the latest 231E update.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2012, 12:28 AM   #3
MRSSIIM3
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 SO

^^ what he said

i love evolve and best customer service ive ever had from anyone
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2012, 02:20 AM   #4
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d

^^ Same here, except I'm running HFC's & didn't have the RPM limiter increased.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 08:20 AM   #5
Verify
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipm3 View Post
Although I can't speak about having a catless setup, since my car is otherwise stock aside from the Evolve Tune. I can try to answer some of your questions.

1) I did gain some nice midrange power that increases and pulls to redline.

2) I've really only hit the 8600RPM once or twice. It happens so fast and pulls rather strong.

3) Flashing process is so easy and fast, especially with the updated version of the evolve-R PC software. It probably takes a max of 5min to load the tune onto your car.

4) Incredibly easy to update. Evolve can send you the files just the same, flash the car the same, takes a few minutes.

5) Evolve's customer service is top notch. They have been very accommodating and informative. From them alone, I have learned a lot about how our cars work, how tuning works, how to dyno. They also answer a lot of other non-tuning questions regarding cars.

6) I would highly recommend it. They've done a lot of work on my E46 M3 and it was only natural to point to them for my E90 M3.

Evolve can also update your DME to the latest 231E update.
That's awesome! Thank you.

I also heard they are soon going to implement logging through their cable. I think that's outstanding as well. Basically making it a multi-purpose tool, and useful for everyone to know what their car is doing.
I'm sold, ill be ordering one. Thanks guys
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 08:51 AM   #6
flipm3
E46 + E90 + F80
Rep
Drives: E46 + E90 + F80

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baggy_M View Post
That's awesome! Thank you.

I also heard they are soon going to implement logging through their cable. I think that's outstanding as well. Basically making it a multi-purpose tool, and useful for everyone to know what their car is doing.
I'm sold, ill be ordering one. Thanks guys
You are making a great choice!! Keep us posted on your thoughts!!

Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 03:22 PM   #7
M3PO
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 IB E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
^^ Same here, except I'm running HFC's & didn't have the RPM limiter increased.
+1 to Flip and to this.
      05-07-2012, 03:52 PM   #8
DJDeez
Got my license back!
Canada
Rep
Drives: TransLink

Thumbs up

Quote:
Will I get the midrange back?
Definitely. I am running without cats and the tune seems to have made power delivery considerably more linear.

Quote:
How do you like the higher rev limit?
Unsure. I have never hit the limiter so can't say either way. Sal recommended an 8500rpm limit, I trust him

Quote:
How easy is the flash process?
Simple. The flash is, without a doubt, the easiest modification I have ever completed on a vehicle to date.

Quote:
How easy is it to update?
Unsure. I assume you are speaking of the vehicle software? Mine already had 231E so this was not a concern.

Quote:
How would you rate Evolves customer service?
Perfect. Paul and Sal are knowledgeable, honest, and courteous professionals; it was an absolute pleasure.

Quote:
Overall, would you recommend it?
Yes. I would recommend you contact Paul immediately, you will not be disappointed! Tell him Deep said hi
aFe cold air intake system (stage 2) ▫ Agency Power cat delete/section 2 midpipes ▫ Agency Power exhaust system ▫ Beltronics STiR Plus ▫ BMW M style (ZHP) weighted short shift knob ▫ CIC iDrive ▫ Clutch pedal spring removal ▫ Coding ▫ Evolve-R tune ▫ Laser Interceptor ▫ LUX H8 V3 Angel Eyes ▫ pickyeater334 clutch stop ▫ Rear fog lights (2011 light control switch assembly) ▫ T3 Alpha laser gun protection ▫ Turner Motorsport power pulley kit
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 11:07 AM   #9
Verify
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJDeez View Post
Definitely. I am running without cats and the tune seems to have made power delivery considerably more linear.

Unsure. I have never hit the limiter so can't say either way. Sal recommended an 8500rpm limit, I trust him

Simple. The flash is, without a doubt, the easiest modification I have ever completed on a vehicle to date.

Unsure. I assume you are speaking of the vehicle software? Mine already had 231E so this was not a concern.

Perfect. Paul and Sal are knowledgeable, honest, and courteous professionals; it was an absolute pleasure.

Yes. I would recommend you contact Paul immediately, you will not be disappointed! Tell him Deep said hi
Thanks! Awesome to see everyone has the same great feedback and experiences.
I'm just waiting on returns now, Mrs doesn't care about State, only Fed
Appreciate 0