BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

08-01-2008, 11:14 PM   #1
FrenchBoy
Lieutenant Colonel
France
Rep
Drives: '16 F80 M3

Interesting Article : BMW Tries to Reduce Leases From 60% of Its U.S. Sales

BMW Tries to Reduce Leases From 60% of Its U.S. Sales

Very interesting read. Anyone knows the rate of lease vs. financing for M3s?

I wonder if the low lease rates offered on many new BMWs (such as .9%) will soon available for the M3.

Current: 2016 F80 M3 6-Speed | SO | AB XT1 | ZCP | M Performance Suspension | GC Camber Plates
Previous: 2009 E90 M3
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2008, 11:38 PM   #2
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchBoy View Post
BMW Tries to Reduce Leases From 60% of Its U.S. Sales

Very interesting read. Anyone knows the rate of lease vs. financing for M3s?

I wonder if the low lease rates offered on many new BMWs (such as .9%) will soon available for the M3.
As long as many people continue to get cars they can't really afford, leasing will dominate.....just my .02

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2008, 12:09 PM   #3
Voltigeur
MacroRisk
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 ED'09 / 335d Sport DD

BMW took a bath

But the point is that BMW's sales were down -10% in US, profits down by about nearly -33% and they lost $373m on leases due to residuals' & credit costs' risk. If the model is broken - and credit costs have gone up - then BMW AG and the finance arm has to pare their exposure. Will reduce sales ... and they'll focus some more on Mid-East etc.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...JME&refer=home

I don't want to sound like an a-hole but I was warning about the credit environment, housing and high gas last year.

Hey, at least BMW's not GM which suffered the 3rd worst qtrly loss ever w/ $15.5B of red ink!

Just thinking of something not so witty
///M3 E92 '09 Jerez Black | 6MT | Ext Fox Red | Tech | Prem | 19s |Heated Seats | iPod |Smartphone | Euro Deliv June 09
Sold: 540iT / 530i / 323i
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2008, 06:09 PM   #4
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
I think the trend of vehicle leasing will be cut back in the US; however, I highly doubt that BMW will cut back on leasing as much as 60%. All the luxury brand manufacturers rely heavily on leasing because it generates repeat sales for them. I personally believe the culprit to blame is gas; which has affected new car sales, and resale value of used vehicles. That is why dealers are able to give the nice folks on this forum discounts up to 3k (so I've heard) on E90 and E92 M3. People are cautious of buying gas-wasting engines.
Appreciate 0