BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

06-11-2010, 06:37 AM   #23
kpneverdies
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M3 E92 2010

where do i get the SIB thing?
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2011, 11:29 AM   #24
Wagerd
Rep
Drives: '15 M235i Glacier, '17 M2 AW

Found my tin-can rattle

Hey guys, just went through my car trying to find what sounded like loose bolts rattling around in the passenger rear. It was the battery hold-down mechanism that had worked loose. Tightened it up, and all is good. Sounded like the whole rear end was coming apart on any bump. Hope that helps some of you!
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2011, 12:02 PM   #25
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagerd View Post
Hey guys, just went through my car trying to find what sounded like loose bolts rattling around in the passenger rear. It was the battery hold-down mechanism that had worked loose. Tightened it up, and all is good. Sounded like the whole rear end was coming apart on any bump. Hope that helps some of you!
Glad you found it, I always make sure noting is loose below the trunk floor cover tools are nearly wrapped in paper towels so that they do not make metal to metal contact. I check on this every time I wash my cars (most of the time that is on a weekly basis).

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2011, 05:30 AM   #26
DaveDee
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
It's a small stone getting between the rear disc and the shield at the back of the rear disc. Mine suffered it a couple of times when I owned it and the only way I found of getting rid of it was to drive at about 50mph and make a few repeated emergency stops.

Try this and see if it helps.
Footie is right, I had exactly the same thing, drives you nuts as it's intermittent. At first I thought I had a cracked ceramic block in on one of the cats, really bad in a parking garage. A small stone will do it every time.
I had to have the rear wheel removed to have it fixed.

hope you had this fixed a long time ago, but worth a revisit in case anyone else get the same thing
Appreciate 0