BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

02-10-2019, 08:11 AM   #1
Abdullah.FRZN.M3
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW E92 M3 Frozen Blue

Muffler/Exhaust tip repositioning: Meisterschaft GT2

Hello there,

So I tried doing some research on this topic, and couldn't find much info. Recently, I put a carbon fiber diffuser (type IV from JLMotoring) onto the back of my car. After putting it on, I realized that my exhaust tips sit way too far back, and the whole muffler seems to be sitting too close to the actual bumper, making the fitment of the diffuser imperfect. I'm wondering if any of y'all have any suggestions for repositioning the muffler, or if that's even possible without cutting off the tips and welding in some extra pipe to extend how far they come out. Below you can see I attached a picture of the way they sit on my car, and an example from JLMotoring's website of the same diffuser.

I appreciate any help and suggestions I can get. Thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-10-2019, 08:55 AM   #2
amrazM
mTekMods
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a granny.

I’m not sure if you can move the ms aren’t the connecting pipes part of the muffler? Do you have adjustable tips? You didn’t leave us with much information.

G-Power Supercharged
First DCT to Manual Conversion Worldwide
KW CS, BBS RI-A, BW Headers, Snow 2.5
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2019, 08:57 AM   #3
Abdullah.FRZN.M3
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

On the Meisterschaft GT2, the connecting pipes are a separate component from the actual backbox.

However, the tips of the GT2 are not adjustable or modular in any way.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2019, 02:57 PM   #4
that_grey_m3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 M3 6 spd

I have the GT2 as well, the tips do sit very close to the rear bumper and don't stick out. There isn't really any way around it, most people I've seen have the GT2 exhaust with a rear diffuser look just like yours do. You could try and put some penny washers/spacers by the hangers to lower your exhaust/tips a tad bit so they aren't so close to the diffuser, but I do not think you can stick the tips out. I contacted GTHAUS and asked if I would be able to weld a new set of tips onto the muffler and they said its not possible. You may want to consider a less aggressive diffuser, I've seen the Arkym diffuser work pretty well with the GT2 muffler if the tips are lowered. Good luck
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2019, 03:21 PM   #5
Abdullah.FRZN.M3
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by that_grey_m3 View Post
I have the GT2 as well, the tips do sit very close to the rear bumper and don't stick out. There isn't really any way around it, most people I've seen have the GT2 exhaust with a rear diffuser look just like yours do. You could try and put some penny washers/spacers by the hangers to lower your exhaust/tips a tad bit so they aren't so close to the diffuser, but I do not think you can stick the tips out. I contacted GTHAUS and asked if I would be able to weld a new set of tips onto the muffler and they said its not possible. You may want to consider a less aggressive diffuser, I've seen the Arkym diffuser work pretty well with the GT2 muffler if the tips are lowered. Good luck
Thanks for the advice! In that case, I guess I'll just do what I can to lower it a tad to keep the tips slightly further off the diffuser. I really like the look of this diffuser, so I guess I'll just have to learn to live with it.

I still don't understand how GT HAUS said you can't just weld new tips onto the muffler. Isn't it just piping? Forgive me if this is a dumb question, as I'm not very well-researched when it comes to exhausts, but what's to stop me from cutting them and adding some extra pipe then welding it all together again?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2019, 05:47 PM   #6
MaximusB
Major
Rep
Drives: 13 Frozen White E92

You can cut it and have the tips extended. Nothing special about the piping, it is just stainless. I have the meisterchaft as well and my shop can they can do it when I asked. However my tips doesn't sit as far back as yours does.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
ItsGary1456.50
      02-10-2019, 09:30 PM   #7
Abdullah.FRZN.M3
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusB View Post
You can cut it and have the tips extended. Nothing special about the piping, it is just stainless. I have the meisterchaft as well and my shop can they can do it when I asked. However my tips doesn't sit as far back as yours does.
Thank you!! I'll visit some local shops and see what they say.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2020, 09:24 AM   #8
eduardomi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 e93 M3 Jerez Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah.FRZN.M3 View Post
Thank you!! I'll visit some local shops and see what they say.
Hey Abdullah, did you find a solution for your problem? I am on the same boat.

E.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2021, 12:44 PM   #9
Crazy8.M3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 e92 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
GT2 with RKP E92 M3 Carbon GT Diffuser - Sport.

Need to adjust the exhaust, hangs a little lower on the left.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0