BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

Mporium BMW

11-15-2012, 08:38 PM   #45
konaforever
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Red GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by alms211 View Post
You are out of your mind. I've owned three C6 versioned Vettes and the last one was a Grand Sport with the 4LT package (includes a leather dash). The seats are freakin LaZBoy recliners with ZERO side bolster support, the interior materials are cheap as hell, the leather is of piss poor quality and the car smells like a glue factory. Just open and close the glovebox in your old man's Vette...it's a flimsy piece of crap. Vette interior layout is not bad and flows better than a GTR but the materials used are not even close to being as nice as a GTR let alone an M3.

+1
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 11:01 PM   #46
fusionchicken
Captain
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, Z4M Roadster

Quote:
You are out of your mind. I've owned three C6 versioned Vettes and the last one was a Grand Sport with the 4LT package (includes a leather dash). The seats are freakin LaZBoy recliners with ZERO side bolster support, the interior materials are cheap as hell, the leather is of piss poor quality and the car smells like a glue factory. Just open and close the glovebox in your old man's Vette...it's a flimsy piece of crap. Vette interior layout is not bad and flows better than a GTR but the materials used are not even close to being as nice as a GTR let alone an M3.
my 08 Vette's glove box just drops down when it's opened

oh and even in brand new show room condition Vettes...pull down the visors and open the mirror covers, it squeaks like crazy. one of mine is already broken lol

the seats are completely and utterly worthless in the corners. i am always leaning on the door during a hard right hander. that said it's pretty comfy otherwise on my back on long drives.

i still love the car like crazy the idiosyncrasies give it character
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2012, 07:25 AM   #47
RedGT3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: .2 GT3/M3cs

Quote:
You are absolutely right but I still think it looks better that an M3

Appreciate 0
      11-16-2012, 07:28 AM   #48
IMG
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD

I'd take an M3. Seen plenty of Z06s throwing rods on the track and oil everywhere.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2012, 09:30 AM   #49
konaforever
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Red GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by fll335 View Post
You are absolutely right but I still think it looks better that an M3

A clean vette is quite nice!
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2012, 10:44 AM   #50
alms211
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

The exterior styling of the C6 Z06 and Grand Sport (widebodies) is fantastic. You will get no argument from me there....hell, it's what drove me to buy the ones I used to own. Here is my old Grand Sport
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-16-2012, 11:48 AM   #51
Optherion
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Prancing Horse

Quote:
Hey we finally agree on something!!!

+100
      11-16-2012, 02:23 PM   #52
alms211
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optherion View Post
Hey we finally agree on something!!!

+100
First time for everything I suppose

I'm sure you probably don't believe me but I honestly do not dislike the GTR. It is an intriguing car to say the least. Will not rule out the possibility of owning one some day.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 09:39 AM   #53
BOOstJunkee
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Turbo/335awd

I know the Z06 to be a beast, and it can be modded for a cheaper price than an m3. But I'm curious, what would it cost to get a c6 z06 to say 700whp?
Appreciate 0